Gem Store Suggestion Character Slot Sales

Put character slots on sale more often, something like every new living story update. I personally would drop 8k gems on new character slots right now. There are several players in my guild waiting for the same thing. I don’t see how selling loads of new character slots more frequently is anything but win win for Anet and the player base.

@Aramus.8143 said:I read that you can have 68 or 69 character slots. What do you do with that many slots ?.

That many seems kinda extreme. I do know players with alts at the end of every jumping puzzle. To each their own. My guild leader has 22 alts, she likes fashion wars. I have 10 slots right now. 1 of each class and one left open for weekly key run. Let’s face it gw2 is a game where players have loads of alts. Again I don’t see the downside if Anet puts character slots on sale more frequently. And if someone decides they want 100 alts who cares what they do with them. Play as you like.

@"Aramus.8143" said:I read that you can have 68 or 69 character slots. What do you do with that many slots ?.

71 slots to be exact. 2 of them are from purchasing the two expansions.It's so much fun to have so many slots, create different characters with different builds, weapons, armors, appearance and now the elite specs.A few examples;I've got Ascalonian, Canthan and Elonian Human characters.Dreamers (good guys) and Nightmare courtiers (bad guys) Sylvari characters.....Etc..

I just did a make-over for my one of my Charr characters, Necromancer to look more alike Boticca.xvMwEGY.jpg

@Brother.1504 said:

@Aramus.8143 said:I read that you can have 68 or 69 character slots. What do you do with that many slots ?.

That many seems kinda extreme. I do know players with alts at the end of every jumping puzzle. To each their own. My guild leader has 22 alts, she likes fashion wars. I have 10 slots right now. 1 of each class and one left open for weekly key run. Let’s face it gw2 is a game where players have loads of alts. Again I don’t see the downside if Anet puts character slots on sale more frequently. And if someone decides they want 100 alts who cares what they do with them. Play as you like.

The impatinet people will buy them full price thats the downside to anet.

@Brother.1504 said:

Ah tell your guild leader she's doing a wonderful job! I have 42 characters and counting for the same reason, my wonderful little children x3

@"Biff.5312" said:I assume there will be a day of character slot sales during the March rotation.

Not at all certain. They apparently haven't featured in any of the previous march sales.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/30516/gw2-march-sales-predictions-aka-those-who-do-remember-history-sometimes-still-have-to-repeat-it

@SpyderBite.6274 said:From what I've heard in the past, character slots are one of the best selling if not THE best selling items on the gem shop. So, from a revenue point of view, what would be the point of putting them on sale?

I know many people waiting for a character slot sale before buying in bulk. But more frequently doesn’t mean permanently lowering the price. My suggestion to have character slot sales with every Living Story release seems reasonable.

You and your friends didn't buy any of the slots until now because "Oh WOW!!!! They're on SALE!!!! now!!!".

If we had a sale for them every two months, you probably wouldn't have bought as many as you have now. It's marketing or the magic behind the game, as we like to call it because it has a nicer ring to it.

FYI if you bought at full price in February using gold:gems, a new slot would have cost about 210g. Today, with the spike in conversion rates, the discount price means you'd pay around 190g.

In fact, it's only more expensive to buy today if you bought your gems at less than 95g per 400 gems, which hasn't happened much in the last year or so (and never for very long).

tl;dr today's still a great time to buy toon slots, even if you have to convert gold to gems at the higher rate

@"lokh.2695" said:You and your friends didn't buy any of the slots until now because "Oh WOW!!!! They're on SALE!!!! now!!!".

If we had a sale for them every two months, you probably wouldn't have bought as many as you have now. It's marketing or the magic behind the game, as we like to call it because it has a nicer ring to it.

People buy slots at full price. My point is people buy more slots at sale price. Advertised the sale in wvw and on a Tequatl map and many people thanked me because they wanted to buy slots on sale.

Win for players and win for Anet.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@Alga.6498 said:

@"Aramus.8143" said:I read that you can have 68 or 69 character slots. What do you do with that many slots ?.

71 slots to be exact. 2 of them are from purchasing the two expansions.It's so much fun to have so many slots, create different characters with different builds, weapons, armors, appearance and now the elite specs.A few examples;I've got Ascalonian, Canthan and Elonian Human characters.Dreamers (
good guys
) and Nightmare courtiers (
bad guys
) Sylvari characters.....Etc..

I just did a make-over for my one of my Charr characters, Necromancer to look more alike Boticca.
xvMwEGY.jpg

How did you make your Charr into Boticca?