Workaround - Pet not initialized on dismount

There is currently a bug when you dismount your pet does not initialize. After some game testing I have found a workaround which is 100%.It seems only the pet in the 1st position is affected by this bug. If you have your 2nd pet out then 100% of the time when you get off your mount your pet will be out.Therefore, as a workaround switch your pets in the Pet Management window and make your 2nd pet your first. Then leave your 2nd pet out at all times.

As a fellow dev I would looking at the pet initialization function that is called by the dismount event trigger.The callback that being used most likely does not point the correct element in the pet array.The result is garbage as being returned by the callback, instead of the 1st pet's data structure.

The pet usually gets out on normal dismount. I noticed that when the bug happens it's when i got hit before dismounting, and was force dismounting using the engage skill, so maybe the game tries to push stowed pet out on engage, cannot (because we're mounted), and then on dismount thinks the pet is already out so doesn't try again?

@Aurelian Omenkind.2470 said:I’ve also noticed that if I switch from gliding to griffon midflight, my pet is stowed when I unmount on land again. Bug or feature?

Yeah definitely a bug. Your pet should be in whatever state you left it when you come out of a glide or get off your mount.It's supposed to store that state. If you have it stored it should be stored, if you have it out it should be out.

Archived