Revamp older orphan maps

I call any of the maps that are not part of the core game, HOTs or POFs maps orphans meaning they appeared and had a purpose for one episode. Unfortunately many of these maps are now abandoned. Yet, they still have unrealistic difficulties that cannot be completed solo. One such example are the two POIs in northeastern Lake Doric. All the veteran Centaurs can 1-2 shot kill. Reducing their difficulty to normal would go a long way towards making map completion more accessible. That's one such example. There are other orphan maps like this.

One way to revamp them is now that they are no longer new maps just connect them to the core maps. Bitterfrost does this once one character has completed the chapter and doric for the character that did it (although any other character can leave the map just fine). Right now it is like they are instances.

I find the leather farm still runs in lake doric, which gets you the only hard POI left in the zone. Just go to the LFG tool and look at lake doric. Join a leather farm. Profit and get your POIs at the same time. I've done this as recently as two weeks ago.

Archived