Is fixing match-manipulation and wintrading even worth it at this point ???

Habitax.8124

With this happening for so long now, and so frequent is it even worth it for ANET to fix these issues? Many accounts on the leaderboards have grown accustom to this style of play, and ANET really should not upset them by fixing the issues with wintrading and match-manipulation.

However, if ANET were to decide to fix the issues with ranked pvp, may I suggest the following:

1. Do not allow F2P accounts to play ranked.
  2. Do not let accounts partake in placement matches after mid-season.
  3. Change the mechanics of "Accept Match" pop-up window. Add random time gating of up to 1 to 2 minutes to "Accept Match" pop-up window to aggravate the current queue system abusers that duo queue 2 mains, 2 alts, 2 alts over voice chat.
  4. Keep the current rule of no duo rule for 1600 and above

if ur matched w a free2play acc that means hes around ur skill level. considering hes only playing free2play builds and reached that ranking without any expansion builds means he most likely has a higher skill level than you. yet u want him not to be able to que ranked?

i can only see the no f2p acc rule make sense for very low tier pvp. lets say silver or so...

also, core thief is meta. core guard and war are very strong and will most likely be meta as well after the next balance patch. in fact there is decent builds for f2p accs.

i agree on the other points tho. and yes, please please please change the accept match mechanic.. its sooo easy to tell if ur friend or second alt acc is in the same match as u if the que pops at the same time lol u need to change this. if ur not banning the wintraders, at least make it difficult for them.......

I don't care anymore. You guys can have this dumpster fire at this point. I quit early this season after being around since the beginning. Finally realized (stupid me maybe idk) that this is a waste of time and ANet is doing nothing but laughing at us while this all goes on. Good luck though to those of you who do bother to continue with this game mode. PvP in this game is the biggest pro cheating/violation ToS steaming pile I have ever seen at this point.

See some of you turkeys in WvW where I can prove I am a masochist in a different way ;)

The One Man Gang (among other toons)

@Devilman.1532 said:I don't care anymore. You guys can have this dumpster fire at this point. I quit early this season after being around since the beginning. Finally realized (stupid me maybe idk) that this is a waste of time and ANet is doing nothing but laughing at us while this all goes on. Good luck though to those of you who do bother to continue with this game mode. PvP in this game is the biggest pro cheating/violation ToS steaming pile I have ever seen at this point.

See some of you turkeys in WvW where I can prove I am a masochist in a different way ;)

The One Man Gang (among other toons)

You aren't the only one, no point in competing if the competition is rigged

@"Habitax.8124" said:With this happening for so long now, and so frequent is it even worth it for ANET to fix these issues? Many accounts on the leaderboards have grown accustom to this style of play, and ANET really should not upset them by fixing the issues with wintrading and match-manipulation.

However, if ANET were to decide to fix the issues with ranked pvp, may I suggest the following:

1. Do not allow F2P accounts to play ranked.
  2. Do not let accounts partake in placement matches after mid-season.
  3. Change the mechanics of "Accept Match" pop-up window. Add random time gating of up to 1 to 2 minutes to "Accept Match" pop-up window to aggravate the current queue system abusers that duo queue 2 mains, 2 alts, 2 alts over voice chat.
  4. Keep the current rule of no duo rule for 1600 and above

I would like to strongly point out that the #3 suggestion here is actually a good idea.

• 1 month later...

@Toron.4856 said:if ur matched w a free2play acc that means hes around ur skill level. considering hes only playing free2play builds and reached that ranking without any expansion builds means he most likely has a higher skill level than you. yet u want him not to be able to que ranked?

i can only see the no f2p acc rule make sense for very low tier pvp. lets say silver or so...

also, core thief is meta. core guard and war are very strong and will most likely be meta as well after the next balance patch. in fact there is decent builds for f2p accs.

i agree on the other points tho. and yes, please please please change the accept match mechanic.. its sooo easy to tell if ur friend or second alt acc is in the same match as u if the que pops at the same time lol u need to change this. if ur not banning the wintraders, at least make it difficult for them.......

All below is from my imagination, and it could be completely wrong but read it for yourself

easy to get a free alt to gold 3 or plat 1, and they can play with anyone that cares to succeed.

if they have malicious intents, nothing can stop them.

30-45 games to get an account to rank 20 from 0. another easy feat.

prepare the spoof accounts in between seasons.

Do stuff to ruin games like:

1. Gaff around placement matches mid season, you could play with anyone. Ruin some fun
  2. Try a little hard to get to or place in plat 1, dick around in matches you want to see fail
  3. get you placements and gaff off no matter what, ruin everyone fun
  4. No need to afk, you gotta be active when you grief others to get the most fun.
  5. Banned? Luckily we prepared 7-8 free accounts.
  6. Duo q with 2 free accounts in multiboxes, double potato play

All the preparation of free accounts getting to ranked 20 will keep your skill sharp, and no one will be the wiser when you gracefully reduce real threats, or simply have fun ruining others fun

Archived