Lightning Flash

Solori.6025

So, I jumped on my weaver for the first time in months and have a question that maybe you guys could answer.

Why is lightning flash base 40s CD?

Do you guys like the CD on this ( especially considering like every other class has a ranged port or movement skill that is basically half the CD of this or 10s lower and give almost twice the benefits)?

Because it deals massive single target damage capable of taking half a life bar and one shot ambient creatures. It used to break stun though, but i'm notre sure it always had 900 range. Remnant of an ancestral nerf like many other skills which haven't been looked at since.

@MyPuppy.8970 said:Because it deals massive single target damage capable of taking half a life bar and one shot ambient creatures. It used to break stun though, but i'm notre sure it always had 900 range. Remnant of an ancestral nerf like many other skills which haven't been looked at since.

I think LF is usually only used for damage in a few glass-cannon pvp builds (where it's still incredibly risky since Ele has almost no other disengage options) and everything one-shots ambient creatures/critters.

LF originally used to be a stunbreak and have a 45s cooldown. Early in the game its damage got increased and the stunbreak removed while taking 5s off the cooldown - I guess Anet would say the damage on the skill justifies the cooldown and lack of other utility. Personally I'd trade it for Mesmer's Blink if I could, since I use it more often for escape/repositioning than damage.

The reason our utilities aren't quite as strong as those of other classes is because we have twice to four times the amount of weapon skills. Some of them filling a role that would cost other classes a utility slot.

Be it elixir s vs mist form, lightning flash vs blink, arcane blast vs mantra of pain, kits vs conjures, etc. We get some of the lost utility from our weapon skills instead.

@Gokil.2543 said:The reason our utilities aren't quite as strong as those of other classes is because we have twice to four times the amount of weapon skills. Some of them filling a role that would cost other classes a utility slot.

Be it elixir s vs mist form, lightning flash vs blink, arcane blast vs mantra of pain, kits vs conjures, etc. We get some of the lost utility from our weapon skills instead.

Imagine if Ele could change weapons. 0.0

@Gokil.2543 said:The reason our utilities aren't quite as strong as those of other classes is because we have twice to four times the amount of weapon skills. Some of them filling a role that would cost other classes a utility slot.

Well no that why the elite skills not strong utility slot on ele has always been strong you could say the utitly are stronger then most of its wepon skills and elite effect.

The current lighting flash and realty ele over all is the way it is because of over nerfing with out any type of re-balancing to the current game state. Lighting flash use to be a stun brake then cantrips where nerfed over all but not updated to fit the game. Anet starts and ideal and then gives up on that ideal when it dose not seem to work out well. This game is full of 1/2 ideals that are not completed.

While this may have been the original concept of ele, the number of weapon skills compared to other classes when considering the effectiveness of utilities is outdated. The utility from our weapon skills is spread so thin compared to other classes, it's hard to really justify that past nerfs have not caught up with the current state of the game where everything is inherently stronger and more loaded.

Its hard comparing every detail from class to class, but if you ele in PvP and then try another class, you'll quickly notice that you can often do a lot more with fewer skills and less overall cast time.

The nerfs to lightning flash originated from the good ol' 0/10/30/0/30 d/d triple cantrip shinengans, but that was 5 years ago. The game has changed a lot since then.

@Cirax.9231 said:

While this may have been the original concept of ele, the number of weapon skills compared to other classes when considering the effectiveness of utilities is outdated. The utility from our weapon skills is spread so thin compared to other classes, it's hard to really justify that past nerfs have not caught up with the current state of the game where everything is inherently stronger and more loaded.

Its hard comparing every detail from class to class, but if you ele in PvP and then try another class, you'll quickly notice that you can often do a lot more with fewer skills and less overall cast time.

The nerfs to lightning flash originated from the good ol' 0/10/30/0/30 d/d triple cantrip shinengans, but that was 5 years ago. The game has changed a lot since then.

30 in earth not water?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived