Instant Crash on Startup

So, I just recently got the game and downloaded the Path of Fire to dlc (specifically to ask for help on the forums)I downloaded the files for the game last night and tried launching it, the application pops up on my start bar & then instantly closes. There's no crash report that pops up, it just shows up and then immediately closes. Naturally, I took to reddit to attempt to find a fix. I've moved the files, given them full privileges, ran them as an admin , uninstalled and reinstalled, deleted the local.dat file, rebooted my computer three times, created the -repair shortcut and used it twice, I don't have any addons to create problems, etc.I'd really like to, you know, play the game I just bought, so any help would be /greatly/ appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

@Jesus.3298 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Have you tried the -windowed Command Line Argument (used just as you did -repair)?Have you tried contacting the Tech CS Team for assistance via the 'Support' link above/below?

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

what is the windowed command line?? I'm not really tech savy and am having this same issue.

Here you go: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Good luck.

• 2 years later...

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Schniwarixl.5416" said:I have the same issue after the last patch. Neither "-repair" nor "-windowed" solved the issue.

Have you tried deleting d3d9.dll in your bin64 folder inside your guildwars 2 folder?

I did this, and it WORKED! But now can't use my mount add on. Is there anyone to get my game to run with the mount add on? Thanks.

EDIT: I just reinstalled my add ons and it works. Thanks.

Ok, deleting the d3d9.dll helped for me also, thnx!

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Schniwarixl.5416" said:I have the same issue after the last patch. Neither "-repair" nor "-windowed" solved the issue.

Have you tried deleting d3d9.dll in your bin64 folder inside your guildwars 2 folder?

(Strange that the patching occurs this crash)