Recent PvP Match Manipulation - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Recent PvP Match Manipulation

Comments

• Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭✭

O no, god for bid they actually ban and delete accounts for fraugelnt usage.
    O no there active account activity goes down because of it.
    O ok lets keep the cheater and hackers in our game cuz other people might want to play with there pathetic as es aswell.

• Bossun.2046Bossun.2046 Member ✭✭✭

Hope that anet doesn't call it a day here.

sugoi monogatari oniichan

• BikeIsGone.8675BikeIsGone.8675 Member ✭✭✭

Good riddance indeed.
    "Just" a 3 month dishonor might be debatable but at least it finally sends the right message.

• I feel many instances of wintrading went unpunished but in case the 3 noteworthy ones were all 3 months, its a step to the right direction. I wouldn't say this is as good as it gets as we've seen action be taken in the past and then the same issues be ignored multiple seasons.

Frostball - twitch.tv/frostball99

• Vetch.6307Vetch.6307 Member ✭✭

Does this mean Arenanet has a certifiable method of identifying and tracing match manipulation applicable to the future, or is this a one-off thing based on some in-game stars aligning?

• Cronos.6532Cronos.6532 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2018

why not permanent tho
    3 months is a slap on the wrist but accounting sharing/RMT some ATs was permanent dishonor (and not account suspension) for some reason

signature

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    After a careful investigation of matches and account data, we’ve confirmed that certain players were involved in PvP match manipulation during the current season. The players involved have been removed from the leaderboards and given Dishonor for a period of three months. We will continue to monitor the game for incidents of this sort, and will take action on other accounts as the situation warrants it.

I cant say how happy this makes me, its a start!! I hope the bans keep coming. Pvp is an infected wasteland of map manipulation. Thanks Anet! I hope to hear more

• Dang it, with all the win trading I didn't bother playing enough games to qualify for the top 250...

• Just as a little addition: Players should lose any prestige titles they got playing PvP (imo wintraders don't deserve any prestiges title even though they maybe earned it rightfully)

• Tapps.1479Tapps.1479 Member ✭✭

It should be a perma ban. There should be zero tolerance for cheating in any game.

• Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭

I like how they were removed from the leaderboards at the last minute of the season so now all their work towards match manipulating is wasted.

• If someone is AFK or idle for too long in game, I just assume they are involved in match manipulation and report them as such. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

• Chinese servers also need this

• @yiliandexiang.5921 said:
    Chinese servers also need this

Is it bad there too?

• videoboy.4162videoboy.4162 Member ✭✭✭

I'm guessing the ban is 3 months in order to make these people miss all of next season? I guess that could help them see how much that game mode improves with those people gone.

• Jalal.6783Jalal.6783 Member ✭✭✭

@rbbthole.9074 said:
    I saw Vaans on the leaderboard with 2035 points and then he disappeared... GOTCHA!

Yup, if you can't do it the right way, you shouldn't be doing it at all. Really feels good to weed out the trash from the garden

• Tapps.1479Tapps.1479 Member ✭✭

@Master Ketsu.4569 said:
    I like how they were removed from the leaderboards at the last minute of the season so now all their work towards match manipulating is wasted.

Except for all the loses people got while they were match manipulating...

• Urejt.5648Urejt.5648 Member ✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2018

What a joke punishment. only 3 months?!

I might even get a cheating program if there is no punishment

rifle is garbage since stealth on dodge nerf
    ~~* SEASON XII - TOP 12 EU RIFLE GOD! updated

• PaRaPhReNiA.8763PaRaPhReNiA.8763 Member ✭✭✭

Do consider giving them permanent dishonor for ranked if you do not want to ban them entirely. Thx for reaction finally.
    Pls don't ban me for wolf exploit

• Kraitan.8476Kraitan.8476 Member ✭✭✭

What happened to the 72h policy? XD

• Just like that, PvP is great again. All is well when all ends well :smile:

• Rolah.6197Rolah.6197 Member ✭✭

So we want to talk about Enumesh in the AT...
    Why is he still allowed this thing ...?!

• Odik.4587Odik.4587 Member ✭✭✭✭

Why only 3 months ? Where permanent ban on entire account ? Like its been ignored all the time and only 3 months at the end if a season ..

• Ioras Dagnir.3927Ioras Dagnir.3927 Member ✭✭
    edited March 13, 2018

Good to see action finally taken. And now we know all we need to get things rolling is a top post trending on reddit.

But no perma ban though. That's weak.

@Rolah.6197 said:
    So we want to talk about Enumesh in the AT...
    Why is he still allowed this thing ...?!

Its allowed to run 20 copies of gw and use it for AT ,if you have so many accounts you are free to do so , that what they said

• Blackdagger.9670Blackdagger.9670 Member ✭✭✭

@RoCkEt LaUnChEr.5893 said:
    This fits perfectly here,

also a kitten toxic player, needs to be permanently banned.

• Rolah.6197Rolah.6197 Member ✭✭

...sadness

• Rodzynald.5897Rodzynald.5897 Member ✭✭✭

Hah! I never thought Anet had it in them to actually do this. Bravo, job well done. So? Now that the public is satisfied for now, will you try to keep it up or wait a couple of years for another 3 months of dishonor? I hope you won't stop here, it was a right thing to do.

Casual friendly and quality pvp - these two do not work well together.

• Verthurnax.2784Verthurnax.2784 Member ✭✭✭

you have lost so many player base because of this unique players and hackers, yet you only give them a smooth punishment like 3months ban?

• Im surprised to see that Lefrere.3206 is still on the leaderboard, considering he is one of the biggest wintraders out there... just this season I saw him in my games 5 times, and all 5 times he was wintrading... and didn't get punished.

• Ioras Dagnir.3927Ioras Dagnir.3927 Member ✭✭
    edited March 13, 2018

@Gaile Gray.6029 is it true devs found that temporary dishonor is more of a deterrent than a permanent ban?

• Static.9841Static.9841 Member ✭✭
    edited March 13, 2018

@bluri.2653 said:
    You should consider permanent dishonor instead so these players never get to set foot in pvp

How will that make any difference at all after the team who got permabanned for AT fixing were allowed to play unhindered with new accounts with Anet's full endorsement?

• Devilman.1532Devilman.1532 Member ✭✭✭

lol pathetic slap on the wrist and these guys are laughing at you once again JokeNet. Get ready in season 11 to see their alts doing the exact same thing.

What a rolling dumpster fire this game mode is...

• Chilli.2976Chilli.2976 Member ✭✭✭✭

3 months okay, but make sure they can't play the next season as it starts in 2 weeks.

• I been doing little pvp I know little about this but from reading the posts...just ban these players. I mean seriously a slap on the wrist won't stop them doing it again. Show them you are serious and want make the experience truly enjoyable. From new players perspective players tell me just do ranked have fun because people manipulated their way up. Might well get the goodies from the ranked chest. Just ban put the hammer down...

• apharma.3741apharma.3741 Member ✭✭✭✭

@bluri.2653 said:
    You should consider permanent dishonor instead so these players never get to set foot in pvp

I’d rather they have a 3 months permenant dunce hat they can’t hide or take off to signify they cheated. See if they decide to wintrade after those 3 months of people generally saying “ look who it is, the wintrader” and seeing the consequences of their actions in all its glory.

• 3 months is nothing compared to the cumulative amount of time these players have wasted for others (and themselves). They're getting off lucky, and the same people will just be back in 3 months to start the routine over. In the meantime, they'll probably be replaced by different offenders that don't shout what they're doing from the rooftops.

A ban like this doesn't solve the issue at its core. Win-trading is still going to be prevalent, people are just going to be more discrete about it. Tossing out a ban to a few key-offenders every few months is a great way to make things seem okay.

• Chasind.3128Chasind.3128 Member ✭✭✭

They should have a title above their heads in big red letters that says "Loser" for those 3 months. Also, they'll just get back to manipulating things as soon as the 3 months are up.
    But atleast PvP isn't completely ignored like we all thought.

@Bearbrunt.4196 said:
    3 months is nothing compared to the cumulative amount of time these players have wasted for others (and themselves). They're getting off lucky, and the same people will just be back in 3 months to start the routine over. In the meantime, they'll probably be replaced by different offenders that don't shout what they're doing from the rooftops.

A ban like this doesn't solve the issue at its core. Win-trading is still going to be prevalent, people are just going to be more discrete about it. Tossing out a ban to a few key-offenders every few months is a great way to make things seem okay.

One wave of permanent bans would solve all wintrade problems , noone would risk valuable account for just title , do you understand that ?

• Ubi.4136Ubi.4136 Member ✭✭✭✭

Not perma-banning accounts you know are doing this in a pvp game mode is the reason soo many people think this game is a joke.

Lost in the Maguuma (TC)
    For the geographically challenged, yes, Tarnished Coast is located IN the Maguuma Jungle.

• zoopop.5630zoopop.5630 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@bluri.2653 said:
    Does this mean they cant play in automated tournaments?

A dishonored account cannot participate in Automated Tournaments.

can you please explain why they just can't get perm ban/ip ban?

edited March 13, 2018

@zoopop.5630 said:

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@bluri.2653 said:
    Does this mean they cant play in automated tournaments?

A dishonored account cannot participate in Automated Tournaments.

can you please explain why they just can't get perm ban/ip ban?

I dont understand why cheaters/wintraders/speedhackers arent permabanned as well. :)
    Would be interesting to hear why

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.