Grinding like a bot

Sabre.8251

Thanks Anet, please please please lock even more stuff behind a gold wall. I'm not enough looking like a bot by farming only.Why not make next Elite Specs purchasable only? 100g per step or so, just to make it even more impossible to do anything, when you're not rich.I can't even see this fucking sw map anymore, because you force me to farm like a bot.

Only like 1 MP and the griffon adventures are locked behind griffin. Actually, that MP can technically be obtained by other means.

I don’t recall anything recently released outside of the gem store being locked behind a paywall.

Welcome both to your first MMO! You’ll find that it’s a little different that console and single player games.

T4 fractals is around 15-30 G depending on your luck.Istan Palawadan is around 15-25 G per run.Istan Great Hall is about 5-10 G per run.

These are the things I do on a regular basis and end up with over 200+ G a week from doing these basic things.You can do them in under an hour if you're in a good setup.

Then, there is dailies for PVE and PVP.There is so many ways to make gold in this game man, like one of the prior folks said, the gold is there, you just need to pick it up.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:You can’t afford 10 gold at a time to pay for the Griffon collections? Are you doing your dailies? That’s 2 gold a day if you do nothing else to earn gold.

Exactly This^PoF was released on Sept 22nd, 2017. That's 172 days ago x 2 Gold per day doing the Daily = 344g (Almost 100 more gold than what's needed for the Griffon.)

OP, if you would have just logged in and done your Dailys since PoF was released, which is EXTREMELY casual play, you'd at least have funds for your Griffon, and then some, by now. It doesn't get any easier than that, dude.

PS Edit: And let us not forget the DAILY LOG IN Rewards for literally just logging in daily for a second gets you 20 Mystic Coins (worth about 1 gold each on TP), a Chest of Loyalty, and other crafting materials all of which can be sold... EVERY 28 DAYS. So let's see... 172 days/28 days = 6+ months (28 day periods) of free/instant gold. That's at least 120 gold just from the Mystic coin sales alone. NO grind required... only a 1 SECOND per day login.

What exactly is it that you're grinding gold for? Why not just play the content you enjoy instead? This game, much more so than anything I've played before, is excellent at letting you enjoy pretty much any kind of content without a huge intro cost. You might not start off with the best of the best equipment, but 2nd best is always easy to get and more than enough (except maybe for fractals, but those should pay for the equipment needed while you climb up the scales). Equipment doesn't carry you in this game, experience does, and you can get experience just as well in exotic equipment as you can in ascended equipment. As for the griffin, as people said before me, you don't need it at all, and still by just playing the game, you'll be able to afford it in a couple of weeks anyway.

@Krypto.2069 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:You can’t afford 10 gold at a time to pay for the Griffon collections? Are you doing your dailies? That’s 2 gold a day if you do nothing else to earn gold.

Exactly This^PoF was released on Sept 22nd, 2017. That's 172 days ago x 2 Gold per day doing the Daily = 344g (Almost 100 more gold than what's needed for the Griffon.)

OP, if you would have just logged in and done your Dailys since PoF was released, which is
EXTREMELY
casual play, you'd at least have funds for your Griffon, and then some, by now. It doesn't get any easier than that, dude.

PS Edit: And let us not forget the
DAILY LOG IN
Rewards for literally just logging in daily for a second gets you 20 Mystic Coins (worth about 1 gold each on TP), a Chest of Loyalty, and other crafting materials all of which can be sold... EVERY 28 DAYS. So let's see... 172 days/28 days = 6+ months (28 day periods) of free/instant gold. That's at least 120 gold just from the Mystic coin sales alone. NO grind required... only a
1 SECOND per day login.

Nah it's easier to complain on the internet.

OP has probably left the thread already because he/she didn't like what's being said. It's true nevertheless, the gold is there and if you're focused with your spendings you can get everything realtively easy by doing something you like. Also, the griffon makes things easier, it's not absolutely needed for much outside of the adventures and that one MP. GW2 really let's you get away with only a small amount of grind when it comes to gear and other items you need to play. You're max level and geared in full exotics in under 50hrs which is good enough for 80% of the game, if you don't run fractals or raids, everything else is just a nice to have topping like fancy skins, max stats, legendaries and so on.Anyway, here are the tips I give ppl when they are going for their first expensive item:

1) Set a single goal. Go for one thing at a time. If you want to get the griffon, craft a Legendary, gear out your alts in Ascended and go for a complete collection of minis at the same time you will most like not make any great progresses on any of these goals.2) Find out what content you like. Is it open world stuff, go join the most efficient farmtrain available, at the moment this would be Istan or the Silverwastes, but you can also just farm mats on alts if you don't like the zergfest. If it's instanced content, go for Dungeons or Fractals which both give decent gold. Think of something ppl might pay you for, like porting JPs or helping out ppl with achievements.3) Don't spend gold on things that won't benefit your goal, be dedicated. If you spend gold outside your goal you must be clear that it will take you now longer to reach your goal. Also, think about what mats/currencies you don't actually need and if there is a way to turn them into things that are helpful for your goal.4) Be patient. Think about how expensive your goal is and that it will take time, no matter how hard you farm, you can only gather so much in the time you have available. Be realistic with your expectations. If you have less than an hour per day available you will not get your shiny as fast as your guildmate who plays 8 hours a day but you'll get there eventually.

Not much to comment. Fractals requires to be rich allready. Else you don't even need to look at it since you're expected to have ascended 600g/piece trash with so shiny AR that it allready drains your wallet when you look at it. When you get so much gold from daily login, then go craft me some Potted Blue Orchids. Lets see when you give up on buying rare flower seeds. And btw you need 50 rare flower seeds per Potted Blue Orchid.

@Sabre.8251 said:Not much to comment. Fractals requires to be rich allready. Else you don't even need to look at it since you're expected to have ascended 600g/piece trash with so shiny AR that it allready drains your wallet when you look at it. When you get so much gold from daily login, then go craft me some Potted Blue Orchids. Lets see when you give up on buying rare flower seeds. And btw you need 50 rare flower seeds per Potted Blue Orchid.

fractals requires you to have 0 gold

what you just said was for t4 level 100 max 150 agony

in no way or shape or form do you need 150AR for all the dailies

@"Sabre.8251" said:Not much to comment. Fractals requires to be rich allready. Else you don't even need to look at it since you're expected to have ascended 600g/piece trash with so shiny AR that it allready drains your wallet when you look at it. When you get so much gold from daily login, then go craft me some Potted Blue Orchids. Lets see when you give up on buying rare flower seeds. And btw you need 50 rare flower seeds per Potted Blue Orchid.

You could start with T1 fractals and build gear and AR from there. I don't personally enjoy fractals but my husband does. He got himself to T4 by doing fractals and some winterberry gathering for some piece he wanted.

I'm not sure why you chose Potted Blue Orchid as a desirable object. Here you are, complaining you can't make gold, and when people tell you some fast and easy ways to do it, your response is "But this useless guild decoration is so expensive"?! Besides, aren't guild decorations meant to be sponsored by multiple people? Your example is confusing me...

@Sabre.8251 said:Thanks Anet, please please please lock even more stuff behind a gold wall. I'm not enough looking like a bot by farming only.Why not make next Elite Specs purchasable only? 100g per step or so, just to make it even more impossible to do anything, when you're not rich.

How is unlocking elite specs related to grind like a boss?

@Sabre.8251 said:Btw i'm so glad, that i can buy sigils for a legendary over and over. I'm so kitten glad about it draining my wallet, even after it's done

you need atleast 2 sigil in 2h and 1 in 1h and yeah some sigils cant cost quite alot but making gold is preatty easy and why do you need to buy so many sigils anyway to all my weapons i spent like maybe 30-40 gold as max becuse some costed 5 gold each and i never replaced them ever since

@"Sabre.8251" said:Ohw and just to mention, i still can't even think of getting griffon done...way too expensive trash. thanks for locking so much stuff behind griffon and thus a pay to win wall

As a player that simply despise any kind of grinding, never "farm" things, never use meta builds, almost always plays only open world PvE and lacks any competitive or completionist vein, playing always for FUN and never for WIN, I must say obtaining the Griffon was not that difficult for me, and it WAS truly enjoyable (Even though I didn't and still don't think adding Mounts was a good idea). It took me almost 2 months to do it, but I did it, and it was great.

I mean node farming and flax farming is still a thing for some decent gold, i think someone already mentioned the berry farm. Nothing is 'locked' for the griffon. If you don't want to do it, then don't. If you do, then do, simple as that. It's not required at all to get for anything. Honestly if you don't like farming, just log on when you want and play whatever you find fun and don't spend any gold needlessly. You'll get there, may take a while, but way better then forcing yourself to 'farm' if you don't find that fun.

You could literally hop on every 2 hours for 20 minutes to do Palawadan, no meta gear/build required, easiest way to get Gold, this is how I reach my personal daily 50 Gold goal. But you don't want to earn Gold, you want everything for free so... we can't help with that :)

Archived