Med Kit...but like Photon Forge.

LUST.2305

Having Bandage as a Toolbelt Skill is...something else, I'm sure it has been suggested before (somewhere) but like all Med kit suggestions: Engi's want to get SOME use out of this unique kit. SOMEHOW.

Thinking along the lines of Photon Forge (others probably did as well); instead of over-heating...you run out of supplies which slowly get replenished outside the kit. It would work similarly to the overheat mechanic, but in reverse: You use more heal skills, you lose "supplies".

Skills:Bandage Self would be the healing skill (which puts Med Kit as the Tool-belt), but to tune it with other healing skills, it act similarly to what bandages do: Isolate wounds...meaning give some temporary Resistance and Protection. It's selfish because the kit itself is what is going to be the real support.

Med Kit skills can work the same, but no more aiming circles around--all throw skills works like Box of Nails.

1. Med Blaster - 360 radius heal to allies in range, reduced healing for enemies in range. Closer they are more it does.
  2. Throw Bandages - Convert conditions from those around you. Apply Resistance, Regeneration, and Protection to those around you.
  3. Throw Stimulant - Provide Concentration to those around you and apply Stability, Fury, and Might to those around you.
  4. Throw Accelerant - Remove stuns and movement imparement from those around you and apply Alacrity, Quickness, Vigor, and Swiftness.
  5. Throw Antidote - Cleanse Conditions from those around you. Apply Retaliation, Resistance, and Barrier to those around you.

If you spam your Med Kit skills without monitoring your "supplies", you have that same "downtime" that you get by overheating. Much like Photon Forge--you want to make the Kit seem valuable, don't be afraid to make the duration of boons ridiculous. There's too much of "lets not make this too strong" when it comes to Engi--don't think that way for Med Kit as it's always been terrible.

Traits:To prevent Scrapper from benefiting too much, we can buff traits in Tools, Alchemy, and Inventions.

• Health Insurance will increase the amount of supplies you have.
  • Medical Dispersion Field also makes each Med Kit skill have a 240 radius water field.
  • Over Shield also applies barrier when entering and exiting out of Med Kit WHEN wielding a shield (lets introduce get some shield play.
  • Backpack Regenerator also consumes more supplies but shares regeneration with allies.
  • Streamlined Kits Med Kit grants Transfusion...which basically the bonus of Rune of Vampirism.

Coupled what Engi traits already tuned for healing, everything should synchronize really well. Also bring back the hobosack, make it clear that the Engi is supporting so teammates don't just run away.

Obviously, I don't imagine this replacing dedicated healers, that's not the point. "A doctor cures people. A medic just makes them more comfortable."

I remember 3 years ago when they change med kit to current state I was visit for 1st time engi forum. There was many much better suggestions then yours. Before HOT everyone was on hype train if medkit will be a thing in raids - nothing happen. Anet starts making AMA and many engi players asking them about medkit - no respond. If you start listing pages, you will find at least 1 medkit suggestion on each page. So, bury medkit in grave of useless skills. Forget and do like this kit never exists.

But yea, the vision of pure dps with option to support ally with medkit if its needed is really cool.

the Promised engineer med kit by the devs sounded amazing , its the top 10 anime betrayal ever done

honestly our medkit can still be saved , just turn it into an Elixir Kit , instead of lame bandages dump bottles into the ground that explode and have aoe effects and healsas for the 1 skill give it some flipping realistic Healing power coefficient , what the hell is this 0.033 coefficient, stuff like guardian's 3 and elementalist water auto have 0.25 and those have 1200 range and are AoE, as a matter of fact upon further checking the average of ALL professions healings towards others is 0.2-0.25 , why does engi have 0.03(3%) AKA +54 hp at 1800 healing power, 0.25 would yield +450 for comparison

also engineer currently sucks at giving boons so the secondary heal based on boons is useless get rid of it and simply buff the auto heal make it a heal wave like guardian staff auto at 450 range

also the whole Boon Pylon idea was huge (having basically defensive support shades). but of course engi cant have good things :v

@Rezzet.3614 said:BEHOLD THE MIGHT OF MED KIT

Please, watch your words. If you aren't careful, the Med Kit really will produce Might.

but back on topic

Give me a1) A blaster that heals more for every boon on ME.2) A leap that heals, cures a condition, and grants projectile reflecting shield3) Delayed AOE that knocks back enemies and heals allies4) Slick Shoes trail but for allies and it pulses resistance.5) New Water-based Aura that heals on attack based on boon amount.

@Nilix.2170 said:

@Rezzet.3614 said:BEHOLD THE MIGHT OF MED KIT

Please, watch your words. If you aren't careful, the Med Kit really will produce Might.

but back on topic

Give me a1) A blaster that heals more for every boon on ME.2) A leap that heals, cures a condition, and grants projectile reflecting shield3) Delayed AOE that knocks back enemies and heals allies4) Slick Shoes trail but for allies and it pulses resistance.5) New Water-based Aura that heals on attack based on boon amount.

blaster should be like FT/EG3 , right now its not only super short ranged but its also so slow its useless unless your ally stays still hugging you

Can we get MedKit AA to work on downed allies so that Engineers can at least stand outside of a bomb and attempt to res people? I think that it would be a nice QoL change for MedKit and hopefully doesn't require four board meetings and investor assurances to get done.

Also can we just boost Med Kit's (1-5 skills) flat healing potential and nerf the traits so it's essentially the same thing but better at base? Let's just admit that the fact that a +33% trait exists as a minor trait should be a clear indicator of its poor baseline performance.

Archived