Collections, any thought?

Bast.7253

Does any thought go into these collections?

From bugged events to meta events that require guild runs at specific times during certain days of the week just to complete. I get that some of these collection items are meant to draw people into certain areas that keep the zones lively for new players, but having one event bugged on every map for 2 days straight and another that you have maybe two shots at getting a week if you're on at exactly the right time is ridiculous.

The Zephyr mine refugee event has been bugged since launch and people have complained countless times about the difficulty of Serpent's Ire, yet they're both shoehorned into a collection with no changes to either event.

Serpent's Ire had a minor reward increase but the difficulty is significantly higher than any of the Heart of Thorns map meta events in an already difficult to navigate area.

If collections are created for future patches can some testing be done to ensure that at the very least certain events needed for said collection are functioning properly?

The Garrison one in Desert Highlands Kill Gatekeepers and Take Their Keys to Free Hostages has people waiting and it never seems to pop. I looked at the wiki for Salt Flats and have a sinking feeling one event has to fail Assault the Mordant Crescent Encampment Before Reinforcements Arrive for the correct one to spawn. The wiki is incomplete for the Assault the Mordant Crescent Encampment but at the bottom seems to indicate the event can fail which seems to me would lead to the event we need. Putting a collection behind an event that needs a failure of the event prior is just bad. Folk tend to see an event happening there and immediately assume that is the one they need and go in and complete it only to ensure that the correct event will not happen...

**editEvidently the Assault the Mordant Crescent Encampment event is not connected to the Kill the Gatekeepers event even though it does spawn some minutes after the assault either fails or succeeds. So I guess you have to watch for the assault event first to know the other might then spawn.

Archived