OP and UP classes top 10

List of OP (overpowered) classes from the strongest to the weakest according to me:1) Druid - in the hands of very good player druid is unkillable. It can 1v3 all day on the point, it heals for tons, deals moderate damage and have incredible mobility.2) Soulbeast - similar to druid, but less healing and more damage. Still require a very good player to shine.3) Power mesmer - only class who can down in literally a second, from stealth, without you even knowing which mesmer and which one is clone. Faceroll class.4) Spellbreaker - you hit him = you lose. Can't be more toxic for pvp than that.5) Power holosmith - can crit for 10k in one normal hit, can stun for days, extreme mobility, lots of healing.6) Power deadeye - only class who can one-hit you from 1200 range, and repeat it on every single player who comes into its sight.7) Power weaver - can deal 30k damage in 2 seconds, but it is more like one trick pony.8) Condition scourge - lots of aoe damage and lots of barriers, but can't do anything when focused.9) Condition mesmer - lots of condition damage, stealth for days, impossible to kill without lots of help from teammates.10) Power guardian - high burst and high self-healing.

List of UP (underpowered) classes from the the weakest to the strongest according to me:1) Minionmancer necromancer - minions die in a single aoe, minions deal nearly no damage, minion skill are pretty much useless, minions have too long cooldowns.2) Condition herald - low damage, low healing, low everything.3) Condition engineer - low damage, good healing.4) Power non-weaver elementalist - average at everything.5) Reaper - was created to be slow, strong and hard to kill. But turned out as slow, weak and easy to kill.6) Condition berserker - you can either have good damage, good self-healing or good mobility. You can have only one.7) Condition thief - good mobility, but average at everything else.8) Renegate - quite good during team fights, but very bad at 1v1 fights.9) Scrapper - good at pretty much everything, but not great.10) Condition ranger - if you want to be good at anything, then you are forced to take druid or soulbeast.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Ashkew.6584 said:

@Ashkew.6584 said:i'd say the wolf exploit abusing rangers are nr 1

I keep hearing about this but never see a wolf. I always see jarcanda and smokescale. What’s happening?

I can't comment about that without getting banned

Ah I wasn’t interested in the how so much as what to look for in case it happens to me but no problem.

@Jace al Thor.6745 said:

@Ashkew.6584 said:i'd say the wolf exploit abusing rangers are nr 1

I keep hearing about this but never see a wolf. I always see jarcanda and smokescale. What’s happening?

I can't comment about that without getting banned

Ah I wasn’t interested in the how so much as what to look for in case it happens to me but no problem.

I will expose all The wolf pet abusers aka stro wolfmas___ and J_sh Wf Hanzo

@FyzE.3472 said:Can you share your division? It will paint a better picture of why and how have you selected those professions better than any explanation. Ty :-)

No problem.Druid - in the hands of very good player druid is unkillable. It can 1v3 all day on the point, it heals for tons, deals moderate damage and have incredible mobility. Whenever i see people playing or play myself druids are always at top healing and more often than not top damage done. It have so much healing, that no power class can defeat it, it have so much condition cleanse than no condition class can defeat it. And it have above average damage. There is no other class who can hold its own against druid. I myself have a druid and play from time, and from my personal experience it is hugely overpowered. I played with my main about 80 times more games, but with druid i outperform my main in every game, and i just faceroll druid because i don't play it often. If a person can pick a class he never played before and perform better than with his main he played for year(s) - that class is overpowered.

Soulbeast - similar to druid, but less healing and more damage. Still require a very good player to shine. Very similar to druid, just have less healing, but way more damage. In past 50 games i played i haven't seen a single soulbeast who haven't scored top damage (except when two soulbeasts were in one team).

Power mesmer - only class who can down in literally a second, from stealth, without you even knowing which mesmer and which one is clone. Faceroll class. I don't think i need to explain this one. There are already tons of videos and forum threads made showcasing power mesmer downing people in one second or less.

Spellbreaker - you hit him = you lose. Can't be more toxic for pvp than that. Also self explanatory. You can't focus it in team fights, every aoe hit will actually strengthen it, and only way to 1v1 it is by not hitting it. Damage, healing, condition transfer, resistance, daze, and much more in one spammable ability.

Power holosmith - can crit for 10k in one normal hit, can stun for days, extreme mobility, lots of healing. To any class not above it it is nearly impossible to kill it in 1v1 situation. Also, it offers unique support tools for the team in a form of field control. It can knock any enemies away, or it can isolate a desired enemy in a corner and keep him there with stun after stun. And lets not forget that its stuns are AOE.

Power deadeye - only class who can one-hit you from 1200 range, and repeat it on every single player who comes into its sight. Death judgement critting for 16k, i think that's also self explanatory. Deadeye can move to desired location and from there down enemy after enemy. Oh, and nearly no other class have this much mobility. And even if manage to get close to it and pop your damage cooldown, it can run away and return when everything you have is on cooldown. Same goes when it tries to capture points: you pop defensive cooldowns, it runs away and returns a bit later to finish the job.

Power weaver - can deal 30k damage in 2 seconds, but it is more like one trick pony. Again, if you don't have instant damage negating abilities - you will die in a second. Lots of videos showing weaver dealing tons of damage. And it deals channeled damage from a far, so you can't reflect it, and so on. It is pretty much just like mesmer, but don't have stealth and clones.

Condition scourge - lots of aoe damage and lots of barriers, but can't do anything when focused. Do i need to clarify anything?

Condition mesmer - lots of condition damage, stealth for days, impossible to kill without lots of help from teammates. Pretty much how power mesmer is, but way worse. It still have constant stealth, clones, etc, but way less burst.

Power guardian - high burst and high self-healing. Pretty much like druid with less mobility and less healing. It have stuns, knockbacks, great damage with greatsword and hammer, +traps with dragonhunter traitline.

Minionmancer necromancer - minions die in a single aoe, minions deal nearly no damage, minion skill are pretty much useless, minions have too long cooldowns. Minions are useless not because AI sucks, but because they don't perform any purpose. Minions should work as maetshield or as constant pressure, and minions fail at both of these. Every single minion die in one hit (and golem dies in three), so they clearly not a meatshield. And their damage is very low, nearly nonexistent, so they fail as pressure tool.

Condition herald - low damage, low healing, low everything. I don't think this statement is controversial.

Condition engineer - low damage, good healing. It have nearly no reliable conditions, can't put any pressure, only good thing it have is healing.

Power non-weaver elementalist - average at everything. Isn't it? There is nothing it excels in.

Reaper - was created to be slow, strong and hard to kill. But turned out as slow, weak and easy to kill. Lets review a fight against any ranged class: reaper comes into range and starts taking damage, by the tame he gets close enough to use Grasping Darkness reaper already lost about half of his health. And Grasping Darkness is very slow and easy to dodge. Oh, and lets not forget that you start with no life force, so you can't enter shroud defensively or offensively. Now you managed to walk to your target and you already bellow 20% of health, have no life force and the last chance you have is Chilled to the Bone, which is also extremely easy to dodge. Boom, you are dead without even dealing any damage.

Condition berserker - you can either have good damage, good self-healing or good mobility. You can have only one. If you take damage focused utility and traitlines, take damage focused weapons, then you can deal very fine damage. In fact, with right combination i always get top damage. But the problem lays with what you lose. Yes, it can deal loads of damage, but it will die in seconds in any fight, because you didn't take defensive tools. Now, on the other hand you can take all defensive traits, all defensive utilities and all defensive weapons. You will be nearly unkillable, but them you will deal no damage. Same goes with mobility. It can excel in one thing, but then it will fail at everything else.

Condition thief - good mobility, but average at everything else. I like it quite a lot, but i never seen any condition thief (myself included) to perform better than power thief. Average damage, lots of evades (especially with daredevil traitline), great mobility, but you will get better results with pretty much any other class.

Renegate - quite good during team fights, but very bad at 1v1 fights. It have good support, good CC and big arsenal of conditions. If not focused, it can help team a lot, and can perform very well, but when focused or in 1v1 situation it is garbage. I can't do anything which other better builds can't do. It is good, but not great.

Scrapper - good at pretty much everything, but not great. As state, it is good at everything it does, but not great. Decent damage, decent sustain, decent CC, but just decent

Condition ranger - if you want to be good at anything, then you are forced to take druid or soulbeast. Without soulbeast or druid - garbage. With soulbeast or druids - good, but not as good as bruiser druid or power soulbeast.

Sorry but I can't take you seriously when you complain about deaths judgement and mobility of deadeye at the same time

On the one hand, you have an ability that is probably the largest tell in all of gw2, it basically screams at you to dodge and gives you plenty of time to do so. Like if you get hit by this you deserve to get hit for 40k

Then you have probably the most immobile build in gw2 literally it roots you to the ground if you want to use dj

Let's um... idk... let's just be real about this honestly.

I could probably comment on other stuff, some of it was true and some just bleh

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:

@FyzE.3472 said:Can you share your division? It will paint a better picture of why and how have you selected those professions better than any explanation. Ty :-)

No problem.Druid - in the hands of very good player druid is unkillable. It can 1v3 all day on the point, it heals for tons, deals moderate damage and have incredible mobility. Whenever i see people playing or play myself druids are always at top healing and more often than not top damage done. It have so much healing, that no power class can defeat it, it have so much condition cleanse than no condition class can defeat it. And it have above average damage. There is no other class who can hold its own against druid. I myself have a druid and play from time, and from my personal experience it is hugely overpowered. I played with my main about 80 times more games, but with druid i outperform my main in every game, and i just faceroll druid because i don't play it often. If a person can pick a class he never played before and perform better than with his main he played for year(s) - that class is overpowered.

Soulbeast - similar to druid, but less healing and more damage. Still require a very good player to shine. Very similar to druid, just have less healing, but way more damage. In past 50 games i played i haven't seen a single soulbeast who haven't scored top damage (except when two soulbeasts were in one team).

Power mesmer - only class who can down in literally a second, from stealth, without you even knowing which mesmer and which one is clone. Faceroll class. I don't think i need to explain this one. There are already tons of videos and forum threads made showcasing power mesmer downing people in one second or less.

Spellbreaker - you hit him = you lose. Can't be more toxic for pvp than that. Also self explanatory. You can't focus it in team fights, every aoe hit will actually strengthen it, and only way to 1v1 it is by not hitting it. Damage, healing, condition transfer, resistance, daze, and much more in one spammable ability.

Power holosmith - can crit for 10k in one normal hit, can stun for days, extreme mobility, lots of healing. To any class not above it it is nearly impossible to kill it in 1v1 situation. Also, it offers unique support tools for the team in a form of field control. It can knock any enemies away, or it can isolate a desired enemy in a corner and keep him there with stun after stun. And lets not forget that its stuns are AOE.

Power deadeye - only class who can one-hit you from 1200 range, and repeat it on every single player who comes into its sight. Death judgement critting for 16k, i think that's also self explanatory. Deadeye can move to desired location and from there down enemy after enemy. Oh, and nearly no other class have this much mobility. And even if manage to get close to it and pop your damage cooldown, it can run away and return when everything you have is on cooldown. Same goes when it tries to capture points: you pop defensive cooldowns, it runs away and returns a bit later to finish the job.

Power weaver - can deal 30k damage in 2 seconds, but it is more like one trick pony. Again, if you don't have instant damage negating abilities - you will die in a second. Lots of videos showing weaver dealing tons of damage. And it deals channeled damage from a far, so you can't reflect it, and so on. It is pretty much just like mesmer, but don't have stealth and clones.

Condition scourge - lots of aoe damage and lots of barriers, but can't do anything when focused. Do i need to clarify anything?

Condition mesmer - lots of condition damage, stealth for days, impossible to kill without lots of help from teammates. Pretty much how power mesmer is, but way worse. It still have constant stealth, clones, etc, but way less burst.

Power guardian - high burst and high self-healing. Pretty much like druid with less mobility and less healing. It have stuns, knockbacks, great damage with greatsword and hammer, +traps with dragonhunter traitline.

Minionmancer necromancer - minions die in a single aoe, minions deal nearly no damage, minion skill are pretty much useless, minions have too long cooldowns. Minions are useless not because AI sucks, but because they don't perform any purpose. Minions should work as maetshield or as constant pressure, and minions fail at both of these. Every single minion die in one hit (and golem dies in three), so they clearly not a meatshield. And their damage is very low, nearly nonexistent, so they fail as pressure tool.

Condition herald - low damage, low healing, low everything. I don't think this statement is controversial.

Condition engineer - low damage, good healing. It have nearly no reliable conditions, can't put any pressure, only good thing it have is healing.

Power non-weaver elementalist - average at everything. Isn't it? There is nothing it excels in.

Reaper - was created to be slow, strong and hard to kill. But turned out as slow, weak and easy to kill. Lets review a fight against any ranged class: reaper comes into range and starts taking damage, by the tame he gets close enough to use Grasping Darkness reaper already lost about half of his health. And Grasping Darkness is very slow and easy to dodge. Oh, and lets not forget that you start with no life force, so you can't enter shroud defensively or offensively. Now you managed to walk to your target and you already bellow 20% of health, have no life force and the last chance you have is Chilled to the Bone, which is also extremely easy to dodge. Boom, you are dead without even dealing any damage.

Condition berserker - you can either have good damage, good self-healing or good mobility. You can have only one. If you take damage focused utility and traitlines, take damage focused weapons, then you can deal very fine damage. In fact, with right combination i always get top damage. But the problem lays with what you lose. Yes, it can deal loads of damage, but it will die in seconds in any fight, because you didn't take defensive tools. Now, on the other hand you can take all defensive traits, all defensive utilities and all defensive weapons. You will be nearly unkillable, but them you will deal no damage. Same goes with mobility. It can excel in one thing, but then it will fail at everything else.

Condition thief - good mobility, but average at everything else. I like it quite a lot, but i never seen any condition thief (myself included) to perform better than power thief. Average damage, lots of evades (especially with daredevil traitline), great mobility, but you will get better results with pretty much any other class.

Renegate - quite good during team fights, but very bad at 1v1 fights. It have good support, good CC and big arsenal of conditions. If not focused, it can help team a lot, and can perform very well, but when focused or in 1v1 situation it is garbage. I can't do anything which other better builds can't do. It is good, but not great.

Scrapper - good at pretty much everything, but not great. As state, it is good at everything it does, but not great. Decent damage, decent sustain, decent CC, but just decent

Condition ranger - if you want to be good at anything, then you are forced to take druid or soulbeast. Without soulbeast or druid - garbage. With soulbeast or druids - good, but not as good as bruiser druid or power soulbeast.

Well that answers a lot more than you think. Have a great day.

@Legatus.3608 said:Sorry but I can't take you seriously when you complain about deaths judgement and mobility of deadeye at the same time

On the one hand, you have an ability that is probably the largest tell in all of gw2, it basically screams at you to dodge and gives you plenty of time to do so. Like if you get hit by this you deserve to get hit for 40k

Then you have probably the most immobile build in gw2 literally it roots you to the ground if you want to use dj

Let's um... idk... let's just be real about this honestly.

I could probably comment on other stuff, some of it was true and some just bleh

My problem is that no single class should be able to deal that much damage with a single skill. Even a no charge DJ deals significant damage. Well that could also have been because I was using zerker amulet too. But other than that once you reveal a deadeye you can just wave at them and they die.

The other thing that got me was the condi mes. How does it have stealth “for days” when at most it has 2 stealths. One is 3 seconds the other 2? 5 seconds of stealth isn’t perma stealth which just goes to show how little they actually know about the classes.

Archived