What if scourge was deleted?

Lahmia.2193

If scourge dissapear it will come back mellee train boon stack ... so lot of firebrands, spellbreakers and revenants, support chronos in frontline, backline some weavers, cor revs maybe few reapers. This was here before ... it was strong but boring.

Scourge need just put cd between shades...

You would see more spell brakers hammer trains as well as more weaver glass canons.

It would be a better game.

Having a class that can both support and do dmg at the same time on scourge level at both melee and 900 ranged is broken so much so that all your doing in wvw now is playing as a scourge or playing as a lesser class to support your scourge.

@Jski.6180@intox.6347

Well if scourge gets mobility reduced while on shade..like walking.... and has trade off they could even get bit of abosrtion from range(wich is their free way to kill wich is also a lame and friendly way to make srucbs efective against scourge...), i would not mind, the issue with scourges IMO is how they can rush zerg with all the shades blinkign with the current aoe stacking, scourge could be tweaked to be more for push outs defense and keep ofensive while on defense rather than being atlets.this way a zerg/group would have to learn when and how to sustaint the scourges when pulling back or when hold is needed, with some class rotations rather than just stack n spam and hope we have more scourges than enemy.

Eh, it would be good definitely but its not like reaper is that much weaker than scourge, its more of lack of personal survivability (no constant cleanse or stabshare) and range issues. Once they tune down damage from long range in upcoming patch, it should be better, reaper can deal way more damage close range.

Meta umh, I dont know, I feel like people just have wrong grasp of this meta (Great support classes like Bs chrono, melee tempest and holosmith are not even used, lul) and Guardian is harder to play than clicking f2 when theres conditions while the other guard is carrying with perfect stab rotations so supporting is kinda not braindead anymore.

Anyways, scourge has been planned a cd nerf for f4 and f5 and CoR will be tuned down considerably. It should be better afterwards.

Another lame nerf scourge post even though the devs have announced the balance notes showing increased cds on shades. Better that they reduced the shade radius of aoe than alter cd however.It's not so much the cd on shades....it's the radius of the aoe that needs to be toned down. And anyone can run away from scourge, it has to be the slowest and least mobile class in game. Scourge isn't an issue unless it's in a confined space/choke where there is no where to dodge.....if it is an issue for you then I suggest that you learn to dodge either that or your firebrands are not doing their job. If I die to scourge it is because of bad positioning by me or the tag.However, I would welcome the scourge delete, bring back reaper, reaper was WAY more fun to play than scourge. But they had to gut the shroud on reaper just before PoF or scourge would be extraordinarily overpowered but scourge is absolute shit in any of their new content/pve maps so go figure. T

@"Shazmataz.1423" said:Another lame nerf scourge post even though the devs have announced the balance notes showing increased cds on shades. Better that they reduced the shade radius of aoe than alter cd however.It's not so much the cd on shades....it's the radius of the aoe that needs to be toned down. And anyone can run away from scourge, it has to be the slowest and least mobile class in game. Scourge isn't an issue unless it's in a confined space/choke where there is no where to dodge.....if it is an issue for you then I suggest that you learn to dodge either that or your firebrands are not doing their job. If I die to scourge it is because of bad positioning by me or the tag.However, I would welcome the scourge delete, bring back reaper, reaper was WAY more fun to play than scourge. But they had to gut the shroud on reaper just before PoF or scourge would be extraordinarily overpowered but scourge is absolute kitten in any of their new content/pve maps so go figure. T

You do realise I run a condi scourge as my main, in wvw, right?This is just a "what if?" scenario, posed to the many people who hate scourge, to glean whether wvw would really be better off without the spec.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@"Shazmataz.1423" said:Another lame nerf scourge post even though the devs have announced the balance notes showing increased cds on shades. Better that they reduced the shade radius of aoe than alter cd however.It's not so much the cd on shades....it's the radius of the aoe that needs to be toned down. And anyone can run away from scourge, it has to be the slowest and least mobile class in game. Scourge isn't an issue unless it's in a confined space/choke where there is no where to dodge.....if it is an issue for you then I suggest that you learn to dodge either that or your firebrands are not doing their job. If I die to scourge it is because of bad positioning by me or the tag.However, I would welcome the scourge delete, bring back reaper, reaper was WAY more fun to play than scourge. But they had to gut the shroud on reaper just before PoF or scourge would be extraordinarily overpowered but scourge is absolute kitten in any of their new content/pve maps so go figure. T

You do realise I run a condi scourge as my main, in wvw, right?This is just a "what if?" scenario, posed to the many people who hate scourge, to glean whether wvw would really be better off without the spec.

Haha, so much scourge hate that this sort of post just fuels it and fuels alot of misconceptions about scourge.

But one thing for sure is that scourge has ruined necro....shame as it's my main too.

If you guys are that fearful of not being able to push in give such stronger barrier effects to support class who do nothing but support say tempest or duride but make the barriers have weak base effects but strong %+ for healing power. The problem with scourge is not the barrier its that it gets barrier and dose every thing else in the game at the same time.

Archived