I'm frustated

hugo.4705

I love Inquest but you surely know it, I am very fan on the new Inquest Exocombinaison on the black lion company trading post. But 700 gems..... I haven't personally money falling from the sky IRL or in game, and I find that kinda disappointed that good skins are hidden behind pay wall. I remembered the cool synergetic rifle appearance who was on the trading post, I love it too, but before I would buy it, they remove it. So please secondly, stop putting items behind a timer, all items should be accessible forever.So I am asking please for this exombinaison, don't delete it in two days!

I need 241 gold coins approximately, I have only 70 currently, let us some time to earn the money to buy it! I will counter all arguments now: I'm not going to use my VISA card to get gold or gems. And it's kinda a discrimination to add beautiful skin behind real money, I'm happy if some of you can get 800 gems in one day, but I'm not in it. Is it possible to sell suits for only 500 or 600/650 gems? 800 is too way expensive it's the same price as a music INSTRUMENT. I earn a certain amount per day up to 30 gold a day and here I'm Kind, I'm surely under this amount. Instead of putting this in TP, it should be a reward for the living story achievements, because I have to admit, a bagpack that is just a miniature of the world boss "Golem Mark II" Is a really poor reward and a joke.

Also I permit myself to add, that I'm okay with the fact of micro-transaction, they should earn money with the intermediary of the bl company, but I can affirm that the TP wasn't like this when I started to play 5 years ago. The concept is just pushed to far: Have to pay for saison if we miss it..... Pay to unlock more slots..... Pay to rename our character which should be free.Pay for cool appearances... It's enough.

I totally agree with you, but the most frustrating is that the Inquest Exocombination was one of my ideas/suggestions/proposition and so seeing it behind a wall in front of me it's horrible. But don't you think that putting the items cheaper will incite the players to buy more of them?

But don't you think that putting the items cheaper will incite the players to buy more of them?

I'm sure there's actual market research, possibly peer-reviewed research, that has already examined the thresholds for what price points purchasing will occur. A real Inquest would have found/stolen that research already.

hugo.4705 ✭✭September 22, 2017

"Exocombinaison suits based on Sygnergetic/Static krewe and Inquest one, of course different from the dynamic one, each one having her own style. :D Like during scarlet events with these three marionette of synergetic, static and dynamic." I have asked for it 1 year before and now we have it. :) I know that they read us now.

I have to say this. The suit is not the best looking. The mid drift being exposed makes it ugly looking. The second thing is that it is fair priced. Trust me when I say A-net has fair pricing when it comes to outfits. I don't think you would want to pay $14(BnS) and $32(GF Soul Worker Online) prices for costumes. The price you pay for outfits in GW2 is very fair compared to it's competitors.

@"hugo.4705" said:... I earn a certain amount per day up to 30 gold a day...

OP, I'm seeing a conversion of 700 gems for "214.77" gold presently as I write this. And often times the further we get away from Tuesday (the day when the new stuff typically shows up) the more gems you get for your gold as the demand for gems goes down. But I know they're doing this March Madness thing where they're putting up old stuff for one day sales every day. So just watch it and convert when it's in your favor.

You said you already got 70 gold, so you need about 140g or so more. If you earn anywhere near that 30g/day, you'll have your suit before the week's over. And if I'm not mistaken, those new outfits usually last at least 2 WEEKS before being pulled down (if not longer).

So don't sweat it, bro. Just stay on course (play the game the way you normally play it - 30g/day), covert your gold to gems, and you'll get it! :+1:

@hugo.4705 said:don't you think that putting the items cheaper will incite the players to buy more of them?

Typically lowering the price of an item by e.g. 50% generates fewer than twice as many total purchasers.

According to ANet Prez Mike O'Brien, it turns out that ANet can actually generate more revenue if they offer more high-priced items. Turns out that bargain hunters (e.g. me) like to wait for near-perfect values, while the Big Spenders are willing to spend big on a regular basis. That's why we have bargain Mountfits™ as RNG for 400 gems, and full-fledged Mountfits for 2000. And that's why the festival-themed Mountfit packages don't offer the skins individually, just in packages costing 2k.

So for example, a typical Big Spender will buy a greater number of full-fledged/full-priced Mountfits than the number of Mount Licenses bought by a typical bargain hunter. When it's all added up, higher priced items end up generating more revenue.

The way to handle this, as a bargain hunter (such as myself) or an infrequent purchaser (such as you seem to be) is to convert gold to gems regularly. That way, when something shows up that you really, really want (or need?), you already have enough gems.

There are several different strategies to manage this on a budget, including:

• Bargain Hunting: Invest as much as you can afford when the gold:gem rate drops below a specific threshold, e.g. 109g for 400 gems is about as low as the rate has been over the last few months, so purchase whenever you see the rate at 108g or better.
  • Fixed Gold Conversion: convert the same amount of gold each month (or week), regardless of the rate. For example, 28g/month (all your gold from dailies) or 50g/week (for someone doing a couple of SW or Palawadan metas).
  • Fixed Fraction: At the same time each month (or week), convert the same percentage of the gold in your wallet, again without regard to the specific rate. For example, you might begin January with only 20g in your wallet, so convert 5g (25%), while in February, with your coffers running at 200g, you'd convert 50g.

For the last two, you can convert more often (if you see a good rate) or less often (if a discount on BL keys spikes prices). And it's sensible to check a few times during the day, because the rates fluctuate a lot.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@hugo.4705 said:don't you think that putting the items cheaper will incite the players to buy more of them?

Typically lowering the price of an item by e.g. 50% generates fewer than twice as many total purchasers.

According to ANet Prez Mike O'Brien, it turns out that ANet can actually generate more revenue if they offer more high-priced items. Turns out that bargain hunters (e.g. me) like to wait for near-perfect values, while the Big Spenders are willing to spend big on a regular basis. That's why we have bargain Mountfits™ as RNG for 400 gems, and full-fledged Mountfits for 2000. And that's why the festival-themed Mountfit packages don't offer the skins individually, just in packages costing 2k.

Yay whales, dolphins, and guppies price model! :)

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

The problem with that model is that the whales in most other MMOs ruin it for everyone else though by charging ridiculous prices screwing everyone else over, and they never do bargain sales or anything for the rest making everyone else pay the whale price ruining the game. That is my experiences with other MMOs which is why I hate whales with a passion because that system ruins good games. Thankfully, A-net is not so bad in that department. because they price things fairly.

@GDchiaScrub.3241 said:

it's better then the 'focus exclusively on whales' model

So for example, a typical Big Spender will buy a greater number of full-fledged/full-priced Mountfits than the number of Mount Licenses bought by a typical bargain hunter. When it's all added up, higher priced items end up generating more revenue.

The way to handle this, as a bargain hunter (such as myself) or an infrequent purchaser (such as you seem to be) is to convert gold to gems regularly. That way, when something shows up that you really, really want (or need?), you already have enough gems.

There are several different strategies to manage this on a budget, including:
  • Bargain Hunting:
    Invest as much as you can afford when the gold:gem rate drops below a specific threshold, e.g. 109g for 400 gems is about as low as the rate has been over the last few months, so purchase whenever you see the rate at 108g or better.
  • Fixed Gold Conversion:
    convert the same amount of gold each month (or week), regardless of the rate. For example, 28g/month (all your gold from dailies) or 50g/week (for someone doing a couple of SW or Palawadan metas).
  • Fixed Fraction:
    At the same time each month (or week), convert the same percentage of the gold in your wallet, again without regard to the specific rate. For example, you might begin January with only 20g in your wallet, so convert 5g (25%), while in February, with your coffers running at 200g, you'd convert 50g.

For the last two, you can convert more often (if you see a good rate) or less often (if a discount on BL keys spikes prices). And it's sensible to check a few times during the day, because the rates fluctuate a lot.

That's solid suggestions. If you aren't sure if the ratio is a good one or not you can use gw2spidy.com/gem to see the conversion rate overtime. Big sales will see a lot of people converting one and big ingame items (like the griffon) will see it going the other way. Also don't forget to check the value of extra materials you may not be using. A lot of people just deposit all until they are full. Players don't always realize how much extra funding they might have in their accounts. gw2efficiency.com is a site a lot of players use as tool for understanding their account. It uses an API that you are assigned from this site to read information about your account and then provides a large number of views and statistics that can be handy. Have to admit its quite often faster to use a gw2eff search to look at all your toons for that item/weapons versus open each one in game. Good gaming!

@hugo.4705 said:Thanks you Anet, for my ingame mail, I will remember that, really, thank you from my heart mysterious guy who sent me a mail in game.There is a story here, and I'm interested in hearing about it :)

@hugo.4705 said:The way to handle this, as a bargain hunter (such as myself) or an infrequent purchaser (such as you seem to be) is to convert gold to gems regularly. That way, when something shows up that you really, really want (or need?), you already have enough gems.

I like this idea, I may start doing that myself though I will likely spend the money to make up the difference when there is something on sale I want.

I made a habit out of buying 800 gems per month on the first. The goal of this slow approach was to accumulate gems for the case when I need them... "sadly" there is always something that I purchase directly instead of saving up the gems :# as has been said before: "How dare they make money!"I hope that one day I have all my "urgent gaming needs" satisfied so I can start to save up. Still, way to go... another bank tab here, another char slot there.Alas, I'm happy that my impulsiveness helps ANet to survive and thrive!

Archived