New Inquest Exo-Suit outfit

I was excited to see a new outfit in the GS and at first I thought it looked cool, but then... wait for it... yet another outfit with something hanging down in the crotch area. What IS your obsession with this, ANet? This one looks like a giant pair of scissors, which is at least an improvement on the skull vomiting a thingamabob on Grenth's Outfit. Oh well, gems saved.

At least it's semi-transparent and small, so far I haven't noticed clipping issues with my Sylvari's legs. No oversized buttcape on the back, the Outfit is tight and even the headpiece is cool (as a DBZ fan, it makes me happy) aaaand the dye channels are pretty nice as well. First Outfit I actually like since FOREVER. Thanks Anet! :D

I like the fit and styling, and the dye channels are well thought out. I wish I had more control over the force field hue, though. I couldn't find any color that would become a golden glow. Virulently yellow, yes, but not a soft warm light or golden sunshine type. I mean, it's Inquest, it's not meant to be comforting ... interestingly, Shadow Abyss does become an intriguing green shade. Not at all dark or black, but worth considering what fabric dyes to use under it.

It's cool in every way except the weird exposed belly area. That's the reason I won't be buying it.It's odd that instead of fixing the ages old problem of women having way too exposed clothing in games, Anet is instead just trying to spread it to male characters as well. And they aren't even trying to make them look good by doing it. >__>

Tbh I can't even see the exposed belly area because my female Sylvari is dark and one of the dyes I chose for the Outfit is similar to her skin's color, so it kinda looks like it's a part of her body. I guess it's worse on male characters but I don't have any so I can't tell.

I really like this outfit - except for the open midriff. It just doesn't seem to fit with the entire presentation of the outfit. It sticks out as being glaringly out of place. If it didn't have that open midriff, I would have bought it already. As it is now, I'm torn - maybe I'll buy it maybe I won't - still thinking about it. Dev team, please make a version of this outfit without the open midriff.

Archived