This didn't work out well (PoF release)

Alva.4590

I know, I know "never play on patch day" but still...Not being able to log in, not being able to change the maps, and if you're lucky to start a story instance the game crashes after 10 minutes of loading.Didn't you had stress tests, Anet?Oh wait... you did.... but on Eu servers they were on times where almost no one was actually active anymore, so that the servers didn't need to hold those masses like today.Pls take it as an advice : next time if you want to release an expansion maybe make your stress tests on a reasonable time (example 18:00 CEST).I think that a lot of disappointings with not being able to play properly could have been avoided this way :/

@lysico.1297 said:Don’t play on launch day. You said it yourself. Wait a few days. You aren’t missing anything. Relax some mate

Why shouldn't I? I payed the money, developer pushed the product I payed money for, the product is not working. I'm righteouselly pissed. But the damage is done, and the only thing Anet can make of it now is to learn on its mistakes.1) DON'T bottleneck new maps behind story instances (if they are not stress-tested properly)2) Do proper stress testsIs that so hard? Why every developer has to learn on his mistakes? There was a total fiasco of WoW:Draenor with bottle-necked garrison instance. Why Anet could not look at Blizzard mistakes and not do the same thing?

@Ider.1276 said:

@lysico.1297 said:Don’t play on launch day. You said it yourself. Wait a few days. You aren’t missing anything. Relax some mate

Why shouldn't I? I payed the money, developer pushed the product I payed money for, the product is not working. I'm righteouselly pissed. But the damage is done, and the only thing Anet can make of it now is to learn on its mistakes.1) DON'T bottleneck new maps behind story instances (if they are not stress-tested properly)2) Do proper stress testsIs that so hard? Why every developer has to learn on his mistakes? There was a total fiasco of WoW:Draenor with bottle-necked garrison instance. Why Anet could not look at Blizzard mistakes and not do the same thing?

Totally agree. They should have done proper stress tests

@Glael.7643 said:I know, I know "never play on patch day" but still...Not being able to log in, not being able to change the maps, and if you're lucky to start a story instance the game crashes after 10 minutes of loading.Didn't you had stress tests, Anet?Oh wait... you did.... but on Eu servers they were on times where almost no one was actually active anymore, so that the servers didn't need to hold those masses like today.Pls take it as an advice : next time if you want to release an expansion maybe make your stress tests on a reasonable time (example 18:00 CEST).I think that a lot of disappointings with not being able to play properly could have been avoided this way :/

The disconnect-to-character-select crashes in the POF zones really puzzle me. Anyone paying attention saw plenty of them before release, live and/or on various streams. You would think someone would have investigated that before waffle day today.

@swellercross.3974 said:Every Software has its bugs ,glitch on there 1st use , they are waiting for peoples complains to fix this bugs ,meanwhile you can play with your wife or girlfriend while waiting its a flawless nonstop action LOL

I got to finally finally finally ride a mount round Divinity's Reach and Queensdale. I'm happy. (Yeah, I got far enough to get into Amnoon, then got booted back to Lion's Arch. If that happens, and you have a Lily of Elon pass, you can use that to get back to Amnoon if the WP is wedged.)

Archived