Capes and cloaks — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Capes and cloaks

Can we please have them? I know this has been discussed in the past and from what I remember the clipping was a sticking point. I get it...but honestly the difference would be huge. So much of the endgame is about appearance, and this would go such a long way. Also, can they tone down the amount of "sexy" armor? It seems like all of the gemstore armors have been more spring break, and less battle protection. The balth skin is amazing though.

Comments

• Aridon.8362Aridon.8362 Member ✭✭✭

Yes please LET LOOSE DA CAPES!

• Doctor Hide.6345Doctor Hide.6345 Member ✭✭✭

Eh, I honestly don't see the appeal of cloaks and capes for the game. They would look shoddy and bad with most of the armor sets which were not designed with capes and cloaks in mind. If you want it for Guild Recognition, I would rather they add the Guild Symbol on the actual clothing instead. Just not as bad as the Guild Uniform one.

If Life gives you lemons, put the lemons in a sack and beat up Life for giving you lemons in the first place.

@Endless Soul.5178 said:
    So you want death by choking.

I am more concerned about those giant fans in locations. They would get sucked right up.

If Life gives you lemons, put the lemons in a sack and beat up Life for giving you lemons in the first place.

• DeadlyBanana.3841DeadlyBanana.3841 Member ✭✭
    edited March 13, 2018

Cloak and dagger legendary please. A dagger wearing a little cloak. When wielded a magical cloak appears around the user.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

Pof has a cape as reward for completing the story.

@zealex.9410 said:

That is not a cape. That is a banner on a pole.

• zealex.9410zealex.9410 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:

@zealex.9410 said:

That is not a cape. That is a banner on a pole.

I dont remember a pole. I remeber a wierd decoration thingy with cloth comming down your back.

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 13, 2018

humm you surely speak about this backpack: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Banners_of_Dynastic_Reckoning It's a banner, but I agree, she covers your back.

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• The banner is a step in the right direction, but still not what I think most people would like to see.

• DoctorOverlord.8620DoctorOverlord.8620 Member ✭✭
    edited March 14, 2018

@Deluvian.1068 said:
    Can we please have them? I know this has been discussed in the past and from what I remember the clipping was a sticking point. I get it...but honestly the difference would be huge. So much of the endgame is about appearance, and this would go such a long way. Also, can they tone down the amount of "sexy" armor? It seems like all of the gemstore armors have been more spring break, and less battle protection. The balth skin is amazing though.

While I wouldn't mind seeing cloaks, we have to acknowledge the gem store is meant to make ArenaNet money and sexiness sells more than non-sexiness. That's really never going to change. Boring battle protection will be meant for non-gem store obtainable gear.

I don't mind the selection in the game, GW2 is a good example of an MMO where players have the option of covering or exposing their characters as they choose unlike many MMOs where there is little or no choice with high-tier armor. Personally I think there should be more choices for either more or less covering options for both genders. I've seen suggestions for a way to have bare-chested Conan the Barbarian/'300" Spartans-style Norn males for example.

• lokh.2695lokh.2695 Member ✭✭✭✭

That poor horse....

I wouldn't mind ANet bringing capes to the wardrobe as more options are always better. Stil, I would never equip a cape. I think capes are rediculous and cover too much of my char. Why would I play fashionwars, chosing skins and colors that I like only to cover them with a single and probably undyeable piece of cloth? I just don't get the logic of the "cape ppl". Aslo clipping, also why not spend resources on something else, also nostalgia justifies nothing. Yaddayaddayadda, we'll see this thread again in a week. See you there.

If you want X, and Y is needed to get get X, you also have to want Y if you really want X. If you don't want Y, you don't want X. It's easy.
    Pro: Build Templates, Dungeon Rework, UW content
    Contra: New Races, New Classes, New Weapons, Capes

• sweetrules.8359sweetrules.8359 Member ✭✭✭

Having played swtor for a couple months or so recently, I'm actually against them adding capes and cloaks now. I found almost all of them ugly or hindering to making a good look for characters there, and now I'm almost sure it would be the same issue here.

• Fenom.9457Fenom.9457 Member ✭✭✭✭

Invisibility Cloak pls

HARRY! DIDYA PUT YER NAME IN DA GOBLET OF FIYAH?!

• artemis.6781artemis.6781 Member ✭✭✭

Haven't you guys seen The Incredibles? Capes are very bad for your health.

• Purgatori.3645Purgatori.3645 Member ✭✭✭

@Fenom.9457 said:
    Invisibility Cloak pls

+1 to this!

When life knocks you down ... Rollover and look at the Stars

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2018

@Endless Soul.5178 said:
    So you want death by choking.

Lol the incredible

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭

I wish for cloak too but clipping will be headache for designer

Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, EAoA, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Because Charrs exist we will probably never get real cloaks. Many armors also have back parts that would clip and coding that all.. probably going to be a nightmare at this point, especially with Backpacks kind of filling that slot in an okay-ish way anyway.

Bite me.

• I actually kinda like that there's no cloaks. Overplayed, and they don't look that good IMO. I like the back items. Rooster backpack, best backpack.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.