How to beat spellbreaker

Pvt Frosty.6973

What do you want him to do? Autoattack the warrior? You surely lose that trade. If you allow the pet to attack, it triggers full counter on recharge. It is funny though when you tell a top 10 player who also won the last UGO tournament to l2p.The way to beat spell breaker is to roll a non-ranger class though.

@Erzian.5218 said:What do you want him to do? Autoattack the warrior? You surely lose that trade. If you allow the pet to attack, it triggers full counter on recharge. It is funny though when you tell a top 10 player who also won the last UGO tournament to l2p.The way to beat spell breaker is to roll a non-ranger class though.

Think that says something about the quality of the tournament.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@Erzian.5218 said:What do you want him to do? Autoattack the warrior? You surely lose that trade. If you allow the pet to attack, it triggers full counter on recharge. It is funny though when you tell a top 10 player who also won the last UGO tournament to l2p.The way to beat spell breaker is to roll a non-ranger class though.

it's ok, cry it out.

You can't hard counter him? You played well and demonstrated your mastery of your class, but yeah, on some setups and builds you just can't do much... is that the point? I mean in an actual fight you'd do pretty good against them assuming you're defending that point. If he's stuck there trying to 1v1 you forever on a point you control, you're winning.

In an actual match, I doubt either of your are silly enough to 1v1 each other for any significant amount of time. Assuming you control the point if they're stupid enough to keep the stalemate going? By all means keep stalling. lol

@Caedmon.6798 said:

hmmm, well considering your advice, what should i do?

@Pvt Frosty.6973 said:

@Caedmon.6798 said:

hmmm, well considering your advice, what
should
i do?

I wasnt bashing you when i said you should do something instead of running around,i just think that for a duel you played incredibly passive..If its to hold a point,sure you did fine.But for a duel you honestly need to apply way more pressure on him.When you do think hes ready to use counter or see the animation go up..move away from him or stop attacking ( incase your pet does hit him,you wont be hit if youre outside 300 range when counter is up) then start applying pressure again.

If anything this shows that Aura Slicer (dagger 2 on SB), needs to be made more reliable because I don't think it landed once even when he was right next to you.Why not trigger the counter then don't attack and then apply pressure? You continued to play passively even when the risk of the counter was gone. Swap over to attack mode as soon as its on CD and push the advantage?

Full counter does not only force you to stop attacking the warrior every 7 seconds or so, but also more importantly forces you to call back your pet every time. While you do that, you lose so much damage that you cannot apply any relevant amount of pressure to the warrior anymore. At this point, you are better off playing passively/defensively. Attacking yields absolutely no reward and, on the contrary, is quite risky.The theoretically best approach to apply pressure is to never stop attacking and instead dodge every single counter attack, but I highly doubt that this is practicable as you also have to avoid other skills and even if you manage to do so, full counter will still daze, slow and cripple your pet which lets the dps plummet and also trigger adrenal health. Full counter effectively counters the ranger's class mechanic, so your best option is to play as if you had no class mechanic.

Archived