These carts ruining WvW

quynn.1594

I've seen this twice now and reported it as a bug before. I didn't get any response for this exploit so I will report it every time I see it.These carts are doing damage to walls, doors, etc and heal as the characters heal within them. They also have an ability to dash away out of range, get out of combat of everyone and heal back up. It completely ruins any fairness or fun in WvW.I attached a screenshot of the cart. I looked it up and haven't been able to find its name.Please remove the ability to use these in WvW.Thank you.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZIiO7LHpP_cHadJZXFpEvI1V1M46EYHV/view?usp=sharing

@"quynn.1594" said:I've seen this twice now and reported it as a bug before. I didn't get any response for this exploit so I will report it every time I see it.These carts are doing damage to walls, doors, etc and heal as the characters heal within them. They also have an ability to dash away out of range, get out of combat of everyone and heal back up. It completely ruins any fairness or fun in WvW.I attached a screenshot of the cart. I looked it up and haven't been able to find its name.Please remove the ability to use these in WvW.Thank you.https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZIiO7LHpP_cHadJZXFpEvI1V1M46EYHV/view?usp=sharing

That's....... a charr car...... it's a tactic. Destroy the camp they are from and they can't have them.

siege counter.

1. patience - because it takes time to break a t3 well defended thing.
  2. use sieges - gens can protect against acs, acs can kill acs, trebs can kill those
  3. meteors - weaver staff will get things done.
  4. burn block guard - burns acs
  5. barriers - soft block against acs.
  6. heals - soft sustain
  7. disabler - stops ac fire for awhile

numbers help too.

3 gens defense is inpenetrabke by siege. so - this one is the standard you have to break if defending or attacking.

@Sovereign.1093 said:siege counter.

2. use sieges - gens can protect against acs, acs can kill acs, trebs can kill those
  6. heals - soft sustain

numbers help too.

3 gens defense is inpenetrabke by siege. so - this one is the standard you have to break if defending or attacking.

Also to add the Charr Car only last 15 minutes, unlike golems. You really don't need to hold out long against them and the skill that damages walls / doors are limited and honestly don't do crazy amounts of damage.

@"diamondgirl.6315" said:Players' problems with siege and tactics tend to mostly be of the 'how dare they defy me!' variety. Char carrs are awesome, and you can only have a couple on the whole map, so it doesn't seem like an issue. Counter them.

It's the age old "the way they fight is unfair and cowardly" mentality. The Spartans had it towards bows. The French had it towards longbows. The British had it towards snipers. In fact most of the time it has been against ranged weaponry which, unsurprisingly, became the dominate way of warfare.

@"Sovereign.1093" said:siege counter.

6. heals - soft sustain

numbers help too.

1. You forgot Signet of Fire. because screw line of sight requirements, lets kill all siege within 1200 range of a wall.

@"Sovereign.1093" said:siege counter.

6. heals - soft sustain
  1. Realize it's not fun and go to Silverwastes where at least its only 2 ac's per entire fort.

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@"diamondgirl.6315" said:Players' problems with siege and tactics tend to mostly be of the 'how dare they defy me!' variety. Char carrs are awesome, and you can only have a couple on the whole map, so it doesn't seem like an issue. Counter them.

It's the age old "the way they fight is unfair and cowardly" mentality. The Spartans had it towards bows. The French had it towards longbows. The British had it towards snipers. In fact most of the time it has been against ranged weaponry which, unsurprisingly, became the dominate way of warfare.

It's why Paris, the abductor of Helen, was styled as an archer. Only girl stealing cowards go ranged.

@Mira.4906 said:I'm still trying to figure out why they ran into AC fire when they can walk to the wall and AOE every single one down before running in.

Walk to the wall? you would still be under ac fire still while trying to take down all those acs, most of which probably wouldn't be able to hit or take down in a decent amount of time without meteor, do you know how many run staff ele's these days? next to no one. You also give away some time of surprise in the beginning to get the catas and gens down.

@Mira.4906 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:More like these carts are ruining wvw...

BGpyQ33.jpg

BOL52kh.jpg

I honestly thought this post was gonna be about AC's, not a freaking charr car

I'm still trying to figure out why they ran into AC fire when they can walk to the wall and AOE every single one down before running in.

yea dude, everyone should spend 3+ hours trying to treb against shield gens they cant hit. Everyones excuse is "oh they'll promote ktrains." The entire game is ktraining when no one is around and camping siege when theres actually someone to fight. If you find that gameplay normal youre part of the problem and should be removed from camping siege and have to actually fight to defend yourself.

Dune roller is pretty underwhelming at the moment, It cant deal enough damage to kill anyone on a proper build, it cant kill siege on walls, also it deals miniscule damage on objectives and typically server can only have 2 on the map. Also it cant cleanse, put a few stacks of conditions on it, and it will die. Or you can just flip the camp.

While I find it fun to troll people hiding behind siege, it is much faster to just run supply to build a cata or treb.

Not only that, but players now seem to think T3 keeps should fall as fast as T1 keeps. No patience anymore. T3 Keeps used to take hours of dedicated supply denial, and siege placement to take. PLayers would come out of the structure to bomb the siege, open field fun was had by all. Now it seems like, "Ooops, it's T3 avoid it like the plague." or "Man they have a couple ACs on this gate, let's just go."

Because a lot of players play or raid with their guild on 2-3 hour time slots per night, who wants to use that entire time trying to take one keep? in battles that are mostly not fun for them having to dance under siege the entire time. Well placed siege can hold off attackers easily, even more so in areas that can't be countered easily, t3 upgrades also give defense zergs more than enough time to respond, and shield gens that threw another monkey wrench in there. Breaking a t3 keep is not "fun" it's god damn annoying, the fun only comes when you finally get through to actually attack enemies and wanting to stomp every last siege monkey in there.

Archived