Ascended gear for Chrono and resources optimization

Hi everyone,I recently decided to gear a Chrono for raids, so according to SC I need Commander legs and chest; moreover, I'd like to have a Minstrel set once I've practiced the mechanics. I have saved some Ascended Shards of Glory, Fractal Relics, ascended crafting material, so basically I can get some pieces from pvp/fractal vendors/regular crafting. I thought pvp and fractals are the cheapest ways since you can choose all stats, so especially good for Minstrels. The thing is I'd like to craft the pvp legendary armor eventually, and I understand that I won't be able to if I swap stats on the precursors. Therefore, what's the best way to optimize my resources while minimizing mistakes? Should I just craft Commanders with Tailoring (exotic insignia much cheaper) and save shards of glory for a full minstrel set -> legendary armor (I think I won't ever swap Minstrels, right xD)? And what about fractal relics, since chest and legs are the most expensive to regular craft?Thank you for your help!

I geared my chrono a while back and i was in same position as you. I adivice to get leadership commander variant. After some time in raids you would get enough magnetic shards for second set. Right now there is 3rd set (almost full commander with revenant runes) that is the most optimal in raids now. But leadership variant is most flexible.

It depends how close are you to legendary armor. If very soon then you might craft just 1/0 sets and w8 for legendary armor.

@Smithwicks.8514 said:Hi everyone,I recently decided to gear a Chrono for raids, so according to SC I need Commander legs and chest; moreover, I'd like to have a Minstrel set once I've practiced the mechanics. I have saved some Ascended Shards of Glory, Fractal Relics, ascended crafting material, so basically I can get some pieces from pvp/fractal vendors/regular crafting. I thought pvp and fractals are the cheapest ways since you can choose all stats, so especially good for Minstrels. The thing is I'd like to craft the pvp legendary armor eventually, and I understand that I won't be able to if I swap stats on the precursors. Therefore, what's the best way to optimize my resources while minimizing mistakes? Should I just craft Commanders with Tailoring (exotic insignia much cheaper) and save shards of glory for a full minstrel set -> legendary armor (I think I won't ever swap Minstrels, right xD)? And what about fractal relics, since chest and legs are the most expensive to regular craft?Thank you for your help!

Go for the power utility (off chrono) variant on snowcrows.com. Get it geared out perfectly and learn the rotation. Then get started on raids, complete the first collection of the raid legendary armour. This collection is very easily done, and can be done in a week if you put the work in. This will get you one free set of ascended armour, which you can choose minstrels stats. By this time, you'll have some magnetite shards and may have had one or two lucky weapon drops to get your tank weapons. You'll also get some inscription and/or insignia chests from completing each raid the first time.

IMO, the pvp legendary armour isn't worth it, it's harder to get and looks terrible, don't bother. The raid collections are straightforward and can be done fast. If you can learn all the mechanics of each raid online, and learn the strategy of each from somebody in game, basically if you have half a brain, you can start your own groups for raids in the LFG and get each raid done. If you don't have a commanders tag, you'll have to ask for one in LFG which shouldn't be a problem, I see plenty of people doing it.

@Itz Jay.8941 said:

Go for the power utility (off chrono) variant on snowcrows.com. Get it geared out perfectly and learn the rotation. Then get started on raids, complete the first collection of the raid legendary armour. This collection is very easily done, and can be done in a week if you put the work in. This will get you one free set of ascended armour, which you can choose minstrels stats.

It will take 5 weeks because of the spirit strings from gorseval but you're correct for the most part

Archived