Forgotten Specialization

Aavataris.5720

(translated into Google from Spanish to English)I have the 9 classes, I'm always interested in being all balanced and I focus on having the 9 as different types of Supports and at the same time be moderately functional fighting alone (in different modes, including the Thief), but with the expansion PoF and the complete restructuring of the Illusionists have left the specialization of Inspiration (which was key to the Illusionist Support) totally lagged behind.

Inspiration is no longer combined well with Illusionist skills (except in very limited and specific cases) or with traits of other Illusionist specializations.It is not worth using, it makes you depend on your partners and it does not work if you fighting alone, especially the key traits (which can not be changed).

Please fix it, one of the most remarkable things that GW2 has always had is to be able to arm your PJ freely and imaginatively, in a very varied way (according to each player); dps, explosive damage, tanke, off-tank, support, etc. independent of the class, each one with specializations focused on diverse (and / or multiple) purposes.

P.D .: Illusionist himself has no problems, is very strong and I have had no difficulty in putting it another way, while (I hope). It's just that specialization that has gone wrong.

Believe me, I tried it, obviously.The difference with the other classes is still great. The lack of utility, in general, and performance when you are alone is evident.

Mesmer is the utility class. It can cope with pretty much everything, point is with its elite specs that they are very specialized in function.Chrono can be better with balanced builds though and mirage is just very dmg oriented and isnt that nuanced. Thats maybe why mirage is so potent in dmg because it lacks support synergy. IMO this is not due to the inspiration line but rather the interaction between mirage and inspiration.

If you wanna run support try to stick with chrono. If you wanna go dmg you still can choose both.Chrono Greatsword is fantastic for dmg and still can support via buffs.

It really is not the same anymore; about 6 months ago I used my Illusionist support and it worked excellently (giving utility and healing to the group or playing alone), now it simply does not reach the support of other 9 classes and Inspiracion is quite useless (and redundant).

Finally , you are supporting that Inspiracion depends on Chronomancer, and even then it seems to me that it does not work (and I've tried it a lot).

@Aavataris.5720 said:

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:

It really is not the same anymore; about 6 months ago I used my Illusionist support and it worked excellently (giving utility and healing to the group or playing alone), now it simply does not reach the support of other 9 classes and Inspiracion is quite useless (and redundant).

Finally , you are supporting that Inspiracion depends on Chronomancer, and even then it seems to me that it does not work (and I've tried it a lot).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAseRnsIC1ohFoBWpBUrhlUjicAKhA4cJaiqruZj2rF-jxB1wAs2fAl+gqKBhp+DgnAASlfEPFAAA-e

This my offensive boon spam Chrono i made recently. It concentrates on Aegis spam via Signet trait, Signet of Inspiration spam via phantasms. And phantasm spam via signet heal and chrono phantasma.You are basically conatently pumping out boons and some minor heals via shatters and mantras.Its more of an offheal setup and less concentrated on quickness, you can still pump out quickness via elite and continuum split.Its versatile as a support and quiet tanky with shield and bursty with Greatsword.

How does your setup looks like?

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:

Yes, that combination I already tested, in fact, is similar to the one I used before even before the changes (about 9 months ago). Then it worked, but now:

• It does not provide the sustenance that before and it loses a lot of power if you are alone (it makes you dependent).
  • Corroborate that Inspiracion "works" with very specific skills, traits and builds.
  • You are mostly using the Cronomante specialization to support, but Inspiracion is still a dependent and relegated specialization.
  • The cure to allies is negligible (if you do not use the wells and their traits), having too many options to eliminate conditions (redundants).
  • I insist, it does not perform like my other 8 supp classes (be PvP, PvE, MvM, fractals).

In short: It's Inspiracion, the specialization itself, the one that needs attention.

@Aavataris.5720 said:

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:

Yes, that combination I already tested, in fact, is similar to the one I used before even before the changes (about 9 months ago). Then it worked, but now:
  • It does not provide the sustenance that before and it loses a lot of power if you are alone (it makes you dependent).
  • Corroborate that Inspiracion "works" with very specific skills, traits and builds.
  • You are mostly using the Cronomante specialization to support, but Inspiracion is still a dependent and relegated specialization.
  • The cure to allies is negligible (if you do not use the wells and their traits), having too many options to eliminate conditions (redundants).
  • I insist,
    it does not perform like my other 8 supp classes (be PvP, PvE, MvM, fractals)

In short:
It's Inspiracion, the specialization itself, the one that needs attention.

The suatain for allies is diminished due to the fact that they get aegis and not distortion.The setup i put in with the respective gear is actually pretty indipendent to do dmg but yes it does not have big sustain. It relies on mitigation and some small heals instead if pure sustain.

And you would need to invest heavy in healing power for better support. Inspiration is not as useful in itself thats true, but its has many cross synergies you can play into.

For a more egoistic playstyle you can replace the signet of inspiration grandmaster with the illusional defender GM. Because of Chronophantasma he lives really long and dies decent CC. You can also use the elite signet or Well for more CC.

Thats pretty much all i can help you with. I personally am not mesmer main. Its more my alternative char. And i only can speak from.my own experience that chrono does well with inspiration and mirage not so much. You can try to make a diatortion mirror build but your dmg will be lacking and it really would be gimmicky.

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:

• No, not only that, the blessings have become more offensive and the cures for allies diminished. Also the most active participation (with which I agree) has eliminated much of the passive sustain, but without replacing it.
  • It is not only the lack of sustain, the configuration would not be useful without Cronomante, it is "holding" Inspiration and not in the best way.
  • Obviously it also depends on the stats, but with all the builds. If you need an excess of them (or even with a build focused on that works, as in my case) is wrong.
  • If you have to modify the build to work, then it does not work.
  • Thanks for contributing, but I insist that the Inspiration specialization leaves Illusionist support badly stopped and I compar it among my 9 classes support.

@Aavataris.5720 said:

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:
  • No, not only that, the blessings have become more offensive and the cures for allies diminished. Also the most active participation (with which I agree) has eliminated much of the passive sustain, but without replacing it.
  • It is not only the lack of sustain, the configuration would not be useful without Cronomante, it is "holding" Inspiration and not in the best way.
  • Obviously it also depends on the stats, but with all the builds. If you need an excess of them (or even with a build focused on that works, as in my case) is wrong.
  • If you have to modify the build to work, then it does not work.
  • Thanks for contributing, but I insist that the
    Inspiration specialization leaves Illusionist support badly stopped
    and
    I compar it among my 9 classes support

Modifying a build depending on situation does not mean it doesnt work. If you play solo or in a group definetly matters in regards to builds. The modification options i mentioned are more for solo play, the build i postet more group oriented.

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:

There are different builds for different modes, right! but, for example, in PvP despite being 5v5 at any time you can be alone against another player, or against several, and you also have to work (same to others modes). If I have 8 classes that work well as supp, but work decently alone, I do not see why the Illusionist should be different.

That's what I mean by "If you have to modify the build to make it work, then it does not work", the construction at least has to contemplate that situation.

@Aavataris.5720 said:

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:

There are different builds for different modes, right! but, for example, in PvP despite being 5v5 at any time you can be alone against another player, or against several, and you also have to work (same to others modes). If I have 8 classes that work well as supp, but work decently alone, I do not see why the Illusionist should be different.

That's what I mean by "If you have to modify the build to make it work, then it does not work", the construction at least has to contemplate that situation.

Now thats were we find the reason for misunderstanding. I think mainly PvE here^^Means open PvE and group content.

@Aavataris.5720 said:

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:

What? I did not understand what you said, but if you mean that "my problem is PvP and not PvE": No, I specify that it is for "all modes". Small variations do not improve the functioning of Inspiration

My proposals are mainly for PvE.In PvP Inspiration is actually a bit less potent than in PvE.I can only testify about PvE too.

Short: I talked PvE not PvP

Do you have any suggestions what could be improved in this specialization?

@"InsaneQR.7412" said:

In PvE there are also skills that also have less cooling, specialization itself or that benefit from it. Any way, small variations do not improve the experience.I do test it in all modes (not just PvP), and it does not perform like the other classes.

It needs a lot of changes, a good restructuring, so it is not enough with "any suggestions", I would have to take my time.

Archived