PvE Training Ground?

So when we have a vast open world which people are encouraged to explore and confront various types of enemies from harmless hyenas to powerful Orian undead (or Mordrem Guards, or Desert Awakened) including varied difficulty opponents (Veterans, Champions, etc) you ask from the developers to devote their precious time to create what we already have?

@Dreddo.9865 said:So when we have a vast open world which people are encouraged to explore and confront various types of enemies from harmless hyenas to powerful Orian undead (or Mordrem Guards, or Desert Awakened) including varied difficulty opponents (Veterans, Champions, etc) you ask from the developers to devote their precious time to create what we already have?

I think he wants the training area because many players don't know how to handle what we already have. A lot of folks don't know how to dodge or what a breakbar does.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:

@Dreddo.9865 said:So when we have a vast open world which people are encouraged to explore and confront various types of enemies from harmless hyenas to powerful Orian undead (or Mordrem Guards, or Desert Awakened) including varied difficulty opponents (Veterans, Champions, etc) you ask from the developers to devote their precious time to create what we already have?

I think he wants the training area because many players don't know how to handle what we already have. A lot of folks don't know how to dodge or what a breakbar does.

Yes this but also it encourages new players to experiment more with builds and gear. So they can more easily find good stat combis on their own which fits their playstyle.

That was my first thought when I read the title and the first part of the small sentence in the post. Then I finished reading that sentence and realized that the Special Forces Training Area does not give you a way to change your gear stats for testing.

You stopped reading after you were done with the title right?

@OP I would like to want that feature added to the Special Forces Training Area. Would be cool to play around and see how or if little changes make a difference without having to rely on theory.

It's really difficult and costly to test different stat combinations in the current environments. Even if you have all legendary stuff, you would still have to buy several runes and sigils and several trinkets which have no legendary version yet.

Having the training area as suggested provides a "preview" for different stats and for me would take out a lot of the fun of crafting the gear/build etc without knowing for sure that it's exactly what I would like. Having the risk of getting things wrong, and enjoying the discovery of what works (or doesn't) appeals to me more.
Researching other peoples suggestions, looking up traits, attributes, strategy and theorizing just seems more boring if you can test drive any build for free. You can already do this to a certain degree in PvP lobby. I know others will disagree but I prefer not to know 100% of what I'll be aiming to acquire in advance.

As for training versus mob mechanics, open world content has already been mentioned as a starter. I would say acquiring info from more established players/the community about certain encounters/breakbars/strategies is something to consider.

Archived