Yseron's bow

Yseron.8613

Begun to make a bow that I would actually use in game.Anet wont let us mod the game so we are stuck with models we dont like (usually with spikes everywhere and strange proportions).It's not that they dont know how to let us do it, it's more that skins are a source of revenue. Like you cant make another source of revenue by charging moders, you know...TYJ3SlH.jpgImgur

There are currently approximately 163 Longbow skins in GW2. Are you suggesting that you've looked at the entire gallery and there are no skins you like?https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_longbows

As for modders, I'm sure ANet is aware of this as a source of revenue but my guess is that it's nowhere near as lucrative as releasing Gem Store skins and would require additional work for very little profit(if any).
How many people would be interested in this? 200? 100? If you're confident in your idea, create a poll and see the reply rate.

"There are currently approximately 163 Longbow skins in GW2. Are you suggesting that you've looked at the entire gallery and there are no skins you like?"

I rarely make gratuitous remarks. Yes.

"As for modders, I'm sure ANet is aware of this as a source of revenue but my guess is that it's nowhere near as lucrative as releasing Gem Store skins and would require additional work for very little profit(if any)."

We are more than 6 billion on the planet. Someone knows how to do it with little work. One just have to realize he is not the center of the universe.

"How many people would be interested in this? 200? 100? If you're confident in your idea, create a poll and see the reply rate."

People who read the forums account for only 10~15% of the player base. For Quake3, more than 10.000 maps were created by moders.

@"Yseron.8613" said:"There are currently approximately 163 Longbow skins in GW2. Are you suggesting that you've looked at the entire gallery and there are no skins you like?"

I rarely make gratuitous remarks. Yes.

"As for modders, I'm sure ANet is aware of this as a source of revenue but my guess is that it's nowhere near as lucrative as releasing Gem Store skins and would require additional work for very little profit(if any)."

We are more than 6 billion on the planet. Someone knows how to do it with little work. One just have to realize he is not the center of the universe.

"How many people would be interested in this? 200? 100? If you're confident in your idea, create a poll and see the reply rate."

People who read the forums account for only 10~15% of the player base. For Quake3, more than 10.000 maps were created by moders.

1) I'd be interested to see what design you come up with which bares no resemblance to an existing item.2)Your statement is odd and in no way a response to my statement. (I'm guessing you are using a basic translator?)3)This isn't Quake. Also, the argument that "both are video games" is the same as saying fish and bananas "are both food". The statement is true but do I want salmon in my milkshake? - No. All I suggested,was to see how much (if any) support you had from the community of GW2 potential modders.

Mmos will very rarely let you mod them. And GW2 is definitely not that sort of game. Although we certainly do have a community of designers that play and want to get their weapon designs into the game. The best bet you have for anything you have is to enter the design-a-weapon competition that rolls around every so often.

I do find it hard to believe there isn't a single skin you like currently. I believe there's a vast range of skins to be had, and unlike some games at least in gw2 you can transmute the more 'basic' skins (which you seem to prefer) over the max stat weapons.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived