Olmakhan professions (spoilers)

Weindrasi.3805

What do we know of the Olmakhan professions and their function in the society? For instance, a Sandshifter seems to be an earth elementalist who helps defend the village, and a Lifebinder seems to be a healer who uses Druid magic. There are also Nightstalkers, and possibly others I don't recall.

Nothing other than the fact that they were are probably using a non-fire version of a lot of the flame legion shaman spells, like a sand effigy instead of molten. And lightning instead of fire rain. They certainly seem powerful though constantly preventing my death every 2 seconds from the inquest golem!

NPCs don't have professions like PCs do. Lifebinders don't call themselves Druids because they probably don't know what Druids are. They just do their thing which looks to us like Druid magic because current game mechanics and resources made them use the same Druid skills that PCs use. However, they also use the shield bubbles that we've only seen Djinns create.Elder Gawr says the following

As Lifebinders, we spend our Lives in service to the villageThe magic to heal wounds is much like the threads that knit us togetherWe weave our powers -borrowed from nature- to protect, nurture, and restoreLose the self to serve the tribe. Only then can you mend that which is broken

There does seem to be distinct specialized task forces though, my guess would be like most traditional societies, you'd have defence forces, a hunting group, healers, fishers, etc. The Olmakhan "professions", I guess, are their actual professions that have nothing to do with ours, so they have Earthstalkers, Lifebinders, Nightwalkers, Sandshifters, and Windcallers.

@"Djahlat.9610" said:NPCs don't have professions like PCs do. Lifebinders don't call themselves Druids because they probably don't know what Druids are. They just do their thing which looks to us like Druid magic because current game mechanics and resources made them use the same Druid skills that PCs use. However, they also use the shield bubbles that we've only seen Djinns create.Elder Gawr says the following

As Lifebinders, we spend our Lives in service to the villageThe magic to heal wounds is much like the threads that knit us togetherWe weave our powers -borrowed from nature- to protect, nurture, and restoreLose the self to serve the tribe. Only then can you mend that which is broken

There does seem to be distinct specialized task forces though, my guess would be like most traditional societies, you'd have defence forces, a hunting group, healers, fishers, etc. The Olmakhan "professions", I guess, are their actual professions that have nothing to do with ours, so they have Earthstalkers, Lifebinders, Nightwalkers, Sandshifters, and Windcallers.

I meant professions as in real-life professions, not as in player-character professions.As mentioned, the Lifebinders seem to be the tribe healers/doctors, using a druid-like type of healing magic; and the Sandshifters use sand elementism in some form--probably for defense of the tribe as "warrior shamans".Nightwalkers... perhaps scouts or nocturnal hunters? Spies?Windcallers may manage and control weather, and help control winds to propel shipsEarthstalkers... Hunters? Maybe melee fighters?

Archived