Next patch scheduled with new season - mid April

Urejt.5648

@"Urejt.5648" said:Next patch is scheduled with new season - mid April. Be patient.

That's not THAT bad but I really wouldn't mind them releasing such a huge patch two weeks before the new season... that way any last minute tweaks (hotfixes or "holy shite we made mesmers even stronger somehow" types of unforeseen issues) can be made before the season starts.

• ArenaNet Staff

@Chilli.2976 said:Not sure if troll or just doesn't follow developers statements. ArenaNet said they will have 2 week breaks in between seasons, making the actual seasons longer. So if i'm correct season 11 will start next week.

We're going to have a bit longer break between seasons this time. Currently planned for 4/3, assuming all goes as planned.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Chilli.2976 said:Not sure if troll or just doesn't follow developers statements. ArenaNet said they will have 2 week breaks in between seasons, making the actual seasons longer. So if i'm correct season 11 will start next week.

We're going to have a bit longer break between seasons this time. Currently planned for 4/3, assuming all goes as planned.

Okay thanks for the clarification, but why longer now? I'm pretty sure you guys said 2 week breaks.

@Chilli.2976 said:

Okay thanks for the clarification, but why longer now? I'm pretty sure you guys said 2 week breaks.

Because things can change. Just because they said it once doesn't mean that it will be that way every single time.

Besides they probably want to release the balance patch at season start or just before instead of part/mid way in. Look at what happened last time they did....

Poor Anet just can't win...

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Because things can change. Just because they said it once doesn't mean that it will be that way every single time.

Besides they probably want to release the balance patch at season start or just before instead of part/mid way in. Look at what happened last time they did....

Poor Anet just can't win...

They could "win" if they did balance patches every 2-3 weeks like normal game companies though.

The precedent for balance patches on this time frame has been set by pretty much every pvp game on the market. Falling so vastly short of this is the main reason gw2 pvp is not played much

@Lehrling.1472 said:Let me get this straight. It took you extra long to release A bug in the system , which was less then 2 days of content.Now you are telling me you need extra long for a balance patch , that we know will not fix the problems?

Good lord.

Let's not sh*t on Anet's good work. They're trying, they're breaking their own patterns. Let's offer them the benefit of the doubt, keep the constructive feedback going and dis the hater attitude. Passive aggressiveness doesn't inspire change, only frustration.

@"Rufo.3716" said:Be better to just do away with ranked all together. Would be nice to play and get rewards without having to worry about win traders, afk's, and hackers.

Competition is the core of any PvP concept and deleting the ranked mode from GW2 would end in a very pathetic game mode. It would in my opinion also increase the amount of hackers and afk's in unranked since "why do you care it is unranked" is a thing.

4/3 means, 3rd April? As long as the balance patch will be good and won't make new powercreep professions unfun to play against, we can wait :D

And the balance patch will land mid season again or before the new season happens? Or the same day?

@whoknocks.4935 said:

4/3 means, 3rd April? As long as the balance patch will be good and won't make new powercreep professions unfun to play against, we can wait :D

And the balance patch will land mid season again or before the new season happens? Or the same day?

I mean...what you get is what's posted on the part 2 balance change that is pinned on top. They specifically mentioned no drastic change will be made since it compromises release dates. I'm reserved on what's changed but I think its a step in the right direction, just that it will a while like how HoT powercreep was slowly revamp over the years.

Was that the season start or the patch? Also I think you said it somewhere that you were currently planning the skill split patch between 2 seasons? I can't find/remember which 2 seasons they were.

There is zero evidence that they get things done better by A-net when they are given more time. As a matter of fact since they don't have a dedicated test server open to players to test changes in mass quantities the best way to get feed back is to release stuff live for the players to bang on in pvp.

@"Lordrosicky.5813" said:

They could "win" if they did balance patches every 2-3 weeks like normal game companies though.

The precedent for balance patches on this time frame has been set by pretty much every pvp game on the market. Falling so vastly short of this is the main reason gw2 pvp is not played much

Except this isn't a strictly PvP game. 2-3 weeks per balance patch is a bit absurd, even when they did it basically monthly in GW1 I thought it was ridiculous.

And I'm pretty sure other MMO's don't get balance patches that often. However if the next patch kills Scourge Wars 2 for WvW I would be happy XD

• ArenaNet Staff

@Chilli.2976 said:

2 week off seasons is our normal aim. But sometimes we might decide to delay it if we feel there is good reason. We felt there was good reason this time around and it's only a 1 week delay.

2 week off seasons is our normal aim. But sometimes we might decide to delay it if we feel there is good reason. We felt there was good reason this time around.

we know officially when the balance patch is dropping ben? Is it before the season starts?

@zoopop.5630 said:

2 week off seasons is our normal aim. But sometimes we might decide to delay it if we feel there is good reason. We felt there was good reason this time around.

we know officially when the balance patch is dropping ben? Is it before the season starts?

In preparation for the season, we’re releasing a balance update on March 27.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/pvp-league-season-11-balance-updates-and-super-adventure-festival-are-coming-soon/

• ArenaNet Staff

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

In preparation for the season, we’re releasing a balance update on March 27.

Yep!

Archived