Postprocessing — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Postprocessing

Hi. I have a question regarding postprocessing setting on map(s).
Are you aware of how different the postprocessing is on old maps (core maps) and HoT/LW3/PoF/LW4?
It's very subtle on core maps, while it gets extremely blurry/purple and glowy on new maps. It's inconsistent and makes it hard to decide whether I want to play with it or not. Please look at example: https://imgur.com/a/qcXuh
Is this something you are trying to balance out? I noticed Sandswept Isles has a bit toned down postprocessing when compared to Istan. Also, is this something you can revisit in other maps and adjust, or allow player to customize the options with sliders?

"clang clang shriiiiek clang!" -Belinda Delaqua
When I join your LFG

Comments

• Postprocessing per se is fine. It's the bloom that looks bad. And it's one of many things bundled into the postprocessing setting. As a band aid you can use GW2 Hook and disable the bloom while keeping all other postprocessing effects.

• Kalocin.5982Kalocin.5982 Member ✭✭✭

Having more options is almost never a bad thing, almost.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.