Elder Dragons(Spoilers)

Tyson.5160

With the most recent patch, Kralkatorrik has been identified as having a hive mind, which was supposedly gained from Mordremoth. So far we haven’t seen Kralkatorrik use any plant like minions, however has adapted the use of death magic by branding the dead. Could Kralkatorrik have mainly gained the Mind circle of magic from Mordremoth and perhaps did not gain much of the plant magic. Might be a reason we didn’t see Mordrem using Shadow magic. Was Shadow magic the reason Zhaitan learned what his minions knew or was that a property of Death magic?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Tyson.5160" said:With the most recent patch, Kralkatorrik has been identified as having a hive mind, which was supposedly gained from Mordremoth. So far we haven’t seen Kralkatorrik use any plant like minions, however has adapted the use of death magic by branding the dead. Could Kralkatorrik have mainly gained the Mind circle of magic from Mordremoth and perhaps did not gain much of the plant magic. Might be a reason we didn’t see Mordrem using Shadow magic. Was Shadow magic the reason Zhaitan learned what his minions knew or was that a property of Death magic?

Kralkatorrik now controls all Dragons' magic (except for DSD's magic), so he can do whatever he desires- make a plant branded, make a bloodstone-crazed branded, make an icy branded, or make a fiery branded--- whatever his heart or something like that wants... We are DOOMED!!!

@Tyson.5160 said:With the most recent patch, Kralkatorrik has been identified as having a hive mind, which was supposedly gained from Mordremoth.

Technically, Kralkatorrik was established to having a form of a hive mind back with Edge of Destiny novel. All Elder Dragons seem to have such - the only one in question is the Deep Sea Dragon.

Mordremoth's "hive mind" was a bit different, in that Mordremoth could micromanage specific telepathy with every minion on a massive scale. Normal Elder Dragon hive mind seems to function in that minions' knowledge goes to the Elder Dragon (this is shown to be the case for Zhaitan and Kralkatorrik first hand), the Elder Dragon's will goes to the minions (shown with all Elder Dragons), and minions can sense whether others are also minions (also shown with all Elder Dragons) - the last can be tricked, however, as also shown in Edge of Destiny. In addition, we often see minions falling apart with nearby champions' deaths (seen with risen and destroyers, at least).

However, the lab studying the branded's "hive mind" doesn't show either of these - instead, it's showing two minions placed in a similar room attacking the same spot in that respective room. Whether this is new or old attributes, however, is unclear.

Taimi merely stipulates that the mere fact Kralkatorrik has a hive mind is attributed to Mordremoth's powers, but he had one from the get go.

It should also be noted that Zhaitan's death sphere isn't necessarily needed for Kralkatorrik to brand the dead - we do see examples of mordrem and icebrood corrupting / utilizing the dead before Zhaitan's death, and with Kralkatorrik literally corrupting everything physical it would seem weird that corpses are oddly exempt from this situation. Though ArenaNet has been showing off Kralkatorrik's obtaining the death sphere by spotlighting the "corruption of the dead", it seems rather unlikely that Kralkatorrik could never touch a corpse when he could corrupt the land itself into an active minion.

@"Arden.7480" said:Kralkatorrik now controls all Dragons' magic (except for DSD's magic), so he can do whatever he desires- make a plant branded, make a bloodstone-crazed branded, make an icy branded, or make a fiery branded--- whatever his heart or something like that wants... We are DOOMED!!!

He was always able to corrupt plants that would actively assault others.

@Tyson.5160 said:I’m more curious on Zhaitans shadow realm of magic.

We've not really seen any solid examples of that even among risen, TBH.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:With the most recent patch, Kralkatorrik has been identified as having a hive mind, which was supposedly gained from Mordremoth.

Technically, Kralkatorrik was established to having a form of a hive mind back with Edge of Destiny novel. All Elder Dragons seem to have such - the only one in question is the Deep Sea Dragon.

Mordremoth's "hive mind" was a bit different, in that Mordremoth could micromanage specific telepathy with every minion on a massive scale. Normal Elder Dragon hive mind seems to function in that minions' knowledge goes to the Elder Dragon (this is shown to be the case for Zhaitan and Kralkatorrik first hand), the Elder Dragon's will goes to the minions (shown with all Elder Dragons), and minions can sense whether others are also minions (also shown with all Elder Dragons) - the last can be tricked, however, as also shown in Edge of Destiny. In addition, we often see minions falling apart with nearby champions' deaths (seen with risen and destroyers, at least).

However, the lab studying the branded's "hive mind" doesn't show either of these - instead, it's showing two minions placed in a similar room attacking the same spot in that respective room. Whether this is new or old attributes, however, is unclear.

Taimi merely stipulates that the mere fact Kralkatorrik has a hive mind is attributed to Mordremoth's powers, but he had one from the get go.

It should also be noted that Zhaitan's death sphere isn't necessarily needed for Kralkatorrik to brand the dead - we do see examples of mordrem and icebrood corrupting / utilizing the dead before Zhaitan's death, and with Kralkatorrik literally corrupting everything physical it would seem weird that corpses are oddly exempt from this situation. Though ArenaNet has been showing off Kralkatorrik's obtaining the death sphere by spotlighting the "corruption of the dead", it seems rather unlikely that Kralkatorrik could never touch a corpse when he could corrupt the land itself into an active minion.

@"Arden.7480" said:Kralkatorrik now controls all Dragons' magic (except for DSD's magic), so he can do whatever he desires- make a plant branded, make a bloodstone-crazed branded, make an icy branded, or make a fiery branded--- whatever his heart or something like that wants... We are DOOMED!!!

@Tyson.5160 said:I’m more curious on Zhaitans shadow realm of magic.

We've not really seen any solid examples of that even among risen, TBH.

I agree that all the elder dragons have a hive mind already, perhaps Kralkatorrik gaining the mind sphere has given him additional control over his minions. The one thing I noticed that Mordremoth seemed to lack was dragon champions or lieutenant, one being the Shadow of the Dragon. Maybe Mordremoth already had a greater control of his minions already and he didn’t have to rely on those type of minions like Zhaitan did. Then again he also had his Mordrem Commanders.

I noticed that if ANet mentions anything in their dialogue, they are usually trying to tell us an important piece of information in this case the hive mind aspect for Kralkatorrik. Seeing as the new forums stated that they are billed for every line of dialogue, leaves me to believe that they probably don’t like throwing in red herrings.

It would be nice if we had some examples of what this shadow magic sphere is. It feels kinda shoe horned in to give Zhaitan a second sphere because Mordremoth had plant and mind abilities.

@Tyson.5160 said:The one thing I noticed that Mordremoth seemed to lack was dragon champions or lieutenant, one being the Shadow of the Dragon. Maybe Mordremoth already had a greater control of his minions already and he didn’t have to rely on those type of minions like Zhaitan did. Then again he also had his Mordrem Commanders.

He had quite a few. Granted, Mordremoth would naturally have fewer champions due to only being awake for 1 year before being killed, compared to even Kralkatorrik who's been awake for 10 before we go into the Crystal Desert (in the core game, there's only 3 or so branded champions met, and one from the novels which we ended up meeting as a bounty in PoF).

@Tyson.5160 said:I noticed that if ANet mentions anything in their dialogue, they are usually trying to tell us an important piece of information in this case the hive mind aspect for Kralkatorrik. Seeing as the new forums stated that they are billed for every line of dialogue, leaves me to believe that they probably don’t like throwing in red herrings.

Eh, no. Not always. They've used unreliable narrator in dialogue as well as pointless dialogue quite often tbh. Though this is not so common in the LW due to the small nature of content provided per release, it happens (just go around Atholma, very little of that ambient dialogue is actually important information).

They seem more concerned about making the world feel "real" rather than whether or not they give us accurate information - and a real-feeling world is rife with stipulation and subjective views.

It would be odd, but not unheard of, to make Taimi give off some of her own unreliable narrator now and then. Especially since she's still technically new to the whole dragon research thing. I mean, in Season 3 she was calling "all magic dragon energy" while before, Snaff, Zojja, Kudu, and even Scarlet was using the term "dragon energy" to refer specifically to the corrupting magic the Elder Dragons and their minions can exude. Taimi instead used it to reference the 12 spectrums that the Elder Dragons have sway over.

Which, I would argue, would mean that not all magic is dragon magic, given that there's no dragon who's shown signs for half of the stuff we see professions do, and only one mystery dragon. Half the dragons' magic seems to be a division of the Elementalist in of itself.

(I would also still argue that Taimi was wrong about the Blighting Trees being capable of using corpses due to Zhaitan's death, as 1) the Blighting Trees used living and dead equally, and 2) we're told the Pale Tree used Ronan and his family to create the rough appearance of sylvari - this may have been pre-reveal information, but still, it seems to me that anything they see / get a hold of would be able to be used to create mordrem clones, and like an artist drawing still life, the better one can observe a the subject, the better the clone.)

@Tyson.5160 said:It feels kinda shoe horned in to give Zhaitan a second sphere because Mordremoth had plant and mind abilities.

I agree. And I think most folks do, given that Primordus and Jormag also seem to be lacking a second sphere, even with focus on them in Season 3. And Kralkatorrik's second sphere comes more out of the Zephyrites (ergo Glint) more than himself until Path of Fire highlighted air stuff more (but even then, the idea that air/sky is Kralkatorrik's second sphere is still merely suggested).

One would lead me to think that shadow would reflect the thieves' abilities given they use shadow arts/magic too. But we never really see risen cloak themselves or shadowstepping - not in large, only unique individuals, but we see such among all scopes of professions among risen.

(I would also still argue that Taimi was wrong about the Blighting Trees being capable of using corpses due to Zhaitan's death, as 1) the Blighting Trees used living and dead equally, and 2) we're told the Pale Tree used Ronan and his family to create the rough appearance of sylvari - this may have been pre-reveal information, but still, it seems to me that anything they see / get a hold of would be able to be used to create mordrem clones, and like an artist drawing still life, the better one can observe a the subject, the better the clone.)

Yes, we have had this discussion many times and every time we do, I get the impression that this Elder dragon absorbing different spheres was created very hastily and was not the original design on gw2 conception. It kinda seems like the Devs got a really good idea when brainstorming for Season 3 and then tried to fit it in retroactively with Mordremoth absorbing the death sphere. Now with Kralkatorrik, I sense we are going down the same road.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:One would lead me to think that shadow would reflect the thieves' abilities given they use shadow arts/magic too. But we never really see risen cloak themselves or shadowstepping - not in large, only unique individuals, but we see such among all scopes of professions among risen.

Risen Nobles shadowstep - but that could just be an indication of what profession they were in life.

@Arden.7480 said:Kralkatorrik now controls all Dragons' magic (except for DSD's magic), so he can do whatever he desires- make a plant branded, make a bloodstone-crazed branded, make an icy branded, or make a fiery branded--- whatever his heart or something like that wants... We are DOOMED!!!He didn't absorb any magic from Primordus or Jormag. He did absorb magic from Balthazar, which was taken from the other two dragons, but that doesn't make it Primordus magic or Jormag magic. I'm going to assume that, much like Spenser's organ, the magic can transmute into different forms. And he definitely hasn't absorbed any of the DSD's magic. The nature of magic is still up for debate somewhat, with no one doing much to study it at the moment. I don't predict any fire-touched Branded or ice-touched Branded any time soon. We haven't even seen any death-touched or plant-touched Branded yet, although his minions can now Brand dead devourers and possibly other corpses. Until we see otherwise, we can't say what changes have happened to Kralk's minions yet.

@Rognik.2579 said:

@Arden.7480 said:Kralkatorrik now controls all Dragons' magic (except for DSD's magic), so he can do whatever he desires- make a plant branded, make a bloodstone-crazed branded, make an icy branded, or make a fiery branded--- whatever his heart or something like that wants... We are DOOMED!!!He didn't absorb any magic from Primordus or Jormag. He did absorb magic from Balthazar, which was taken from the other two dragons, but that doesn't make it Primordus magic or Jormag magic. I'm going to assume that, much like Spenser's organ, the magic can transmute into different forms. And he definitely hasn't absorbed any of the DSD's magic. The nature of magic is still up for debate somewhat, with no one doing much to study it at the moment. I don't predict any fire-touched Branded or ice-touched Branded any time soon. We haven't even seen any death-touched or plant-touched Branded yet, although his minions can now Brand dead devourers and possibly other corpses. Until we see otherwise, we can't say what changes have happened to Kralk's minions yet.

Death Branded appear in Eye if the Brandstorm in ep 1 as well in The Charge in ep 2. They already exist.

As for the magic absorbed by Kralkatorrik, best to ask Konig as he did an analyze of the end cinematic of PoF which points out different magic types.

@Tyson.5160 said:With the most recent patch, Kralkatorrik has been identified as having a hive mind,

Ever notice that Skritt never get corrupted? I think there's a reason for that, but... If I'm wrong, what happens if Kralkatorrik corrupts Skritt now? The Inquest were talking about using the branded hive mind for communications. Branding Skritt would be like adding more and more computers into a computer network, increasing the amount of data it can process. This wouldn't have the skritt limitations of proximity and sound, however. It might even work world-wide.

If he brands enough Skritt, Kralkatorrik could become the smartest being on Tyira. He could do all the nasty things players would do if they had his powers. If that happens, can we win?

@Palador.2170 said:

@"Tyson.5160" said:With the most recent patch, Kralkatorrik has been identified as having a hive mind,

Ever notice that Skritt never get corrupted? I think there's a reason for that, but... If I'm wrong, what happens if Kralkatorrik corrupts Skritt now? The Inquest were talking about using the branded hive mind for communications. Branding Skritt would be like adding more and more computers into a computer network, increasing the amount of data it can process. This wouldn't have the skritt limitations of proximity and sound, however. It might even work world-wide.

If he brands enough Skritt, Kralkatorrik could become the smartest being on Tyira. He could do all the nasty things players would do if they had his powers. If that happens, can we win?

The lack of corrupted skritt is just a "Anet didn't bother making a model for it" - same with why we see no risen centaurs, no icebrood jotun or grawl, no branded grawl or harpies, etc. etc. etc.

Furthermore, skritt do not have a hive mind. They have hyper communication (for lack of a better phrase). Basically they talk really, really, really fast among each other (and have to slow down their speech for non-skritt). They "get smarter" with more skritt because they share more ideas - and because they have such fast communication, they can share these ideas and concepts far faster than any other race.

Now, on the concept of the result of corrupted skritt: dragon minions become nigh mindless, with the exception of dragon lieutenants and champions. So because skritt intelligence increase is due to verbal communication, while corruption stupifies creatures, it's probable that corrupted skritt would be no different than any other race being corrupted.

@"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

Furthermore, skritt do not have a hive mind. They have hyper communication (for lack of a better phrase). Basically they talk really, really, really fast among each other (and have to slow down their speech for non-skritt). They "get smarter" with more skritt because they share more ideas - and because they have such fast communication, they can share these ideas and concepts far faster than any other race.

Now, on the concept of the result of corrupted skritt: dragon minions become nigh mindless, with the exception of dragon lieutenants and champions. So because skritt intelligence increase is due to verbal communication, while corruption stupifies creatures, it's probable that corrupted skritt would be no different than any other race being corrupted.

It's true that Skritt don't have a hive mind. But what happens if you take what they already have, and give them one? Unlike most creatures, they're actually made to put such a thing to good use. Telepathically link a bunch of humans, and you'll get an awful lot of worthless noise. Telepathically link Skritt...

And no, not all minions become nigh mindless. Most do, yes, but not all. If you research Orges during the personal story, you get to encounter a high functioning branded ogre. And elsewhere in the brand, you can encounter a high functioning branded charr. ( I don't recall his name, sorry. ) We've seen smart risen and icebrood as well. They're tough, but they're not dragon champions.

@"Palador.2170" said:And no, not all minions become nigh mindless. Most do, yes, but not all. If you research Orges during the personal story, you get to encounter a high functioning branded ogre. And elsewhere in the brand, you can encounter a high functioning branded charr. ( I don't recall his name, sorry. ) We've seen smart risen and icebrood as well. They're tough, but they're not dragon champions.

Yes, those would be champions or lieutenants. Not all champions/lieutenants are dragons like Tequatl or Shatterer, nor are they all of equal power of intelligence, as we see throughout the game, the lieutenants and champions come in a wide variety of powers and smartness. Champions only have two common traits throughout, and across all minion types: 1) they command lesser minions (including lesser lieutenants and champions), 2) they spread corruption and create minions at a faster rate than others. But any minion that shows intelligence is at the very least a lieutenant.

Uldek and Victurus (the branded ogre and charr you mention, respectively) are 100% dragon champions. We see them perform the #1 feat that champions (and sometimes lieutenants) do: command lesser minions. And this would go for those "smart risen and icebrood as well."

Siren's Landing gives a pretty good example, and even shows that the simple phrases common risen state is merely extra brainpower provided by the hive mind, and not their own. The Unchained Kingpins are the only "standard looking" minions that hold any form of intelligence - all the other unchained risen can only throw fists unless directed by those nearby lieutenants, and they no longer speak either (meanwhile the Kingpins are fairly eloquent in their speech, the few times they bother to talk).

I'm not used to thinking of those as champions, but I can't really argue with what you say. So, they're champions, and any skritt tricks would happen only if there are multiple skritt champions. That's not very likely, so I guess we don't need to worry about that.

Back to the hive mind, though... the inquest were testing it as a way to send data. What if Kralkatorrik can use this to borrow the senses of any of his branded? Does he see everything that his minions see? Can he send out branded insects or mice to use as spies?

Kralkatorrik’s powers are kinda up in the air right now as he has gained some new abilities after absorbing the magic from Balthazar. This magic would have consisted of magic from both Jormag and Primodus as well as the Bloodstone magic, which also consisted of magic from Zhaitan and Mordremoth as well as the original ancient magic it contained from the last elder dragon rising( he also got Zhaitan and Mordremoth’s magic after their deaths as well, but now has more as stated by the white mantle lore books).

I’m curious of where he obtained the ability to create Brandstorms from and my only logical conclusion would be Jormag, who was able to summon blizzards around the area in his vicinity as shown in Bitterfrost frontier.

@"Palador.2170" said:Back to the hive mind, though... the inquest were testing it as a way to send data. What if Kralkatorrik can use this to borrow the senses of any of his branded? Does he see everything that his minions see? Can he send out branded insects or mice to use as spies?

In the personal story, it's presented that the Elder Dragons "know what their minions know". It's rather unclear whether there are limits of this, though - do they know what minions learn post-corruption, or only know what the minion knew prior to corruption? For example.

As for scouts and spies and such... that actually happens in the personal story. The Undead Scout slash Risen Creature is a prime example of such a being. Perhaps one of the few shows of Zhaitan's sphere of shadow, given the creature was semi-transparent and liked to hide in shadows. These drake-like scouts were used to scope out enemy fortifications before a large scale assault.

@"Tyson.5160" said:I’m curious of where he obtained the ability to create Brandstorms from and my only logical conclusion would be Jormag, who was able to summon blizzards around the area in his vicinity as shown in Bitterfrost frontier.

Brandstorms are an original ability of his. However, originally, Brandstorms were limited to the skies above the Dragonbrand. This event in Fields of Ruins and this heart in the Fields of Ruins deal with the Brandstorm a bit, and this NPC talks about it.

The Brandstorm, alongside Glint's crystals used by the Zephyrites, is one of the leading factors for the theory that Kralkatorrik's second sphere of influence is air or sky. A lot of his powers deal with wind, lightning, and sun when it doesn't deal with crystals and rock.

What's new is his ability to create Brandstorms across vast distances from his or the Dragonbrand's location. Presumably this is simply because of his overall powerup, and not due to any individual dragon's power.

@"Palador.2170" said:Back to the hive mind, though... the inquest were testing it as a way to send data. What if Kralkatorrik can use this to borrow the senses of any of his branded? Does he see everything that his minions see? Can he send out branded insects or mice to use as spies?

In the personal story, it's presented that the Elder Dragons "know what their minions know". It's rather unclear whether there are limits of this, though - do they know what minions learn post-corruption, or only know what the minion knew prior to corruption? For example.

As for scouts and spies and such... that actually happens in the personal story. The
slash
is a prime example of such a being. Perhaps one of the few shows of Zhaitan's sphere of shadow, given the creature was semi-transparent and liked to hide in shadows. These drake-like scouts were used to scope out enemy fortifications before a large scale assault.

@"Tyson.5160" said:I’m curious of where he obtained the ability to create Brandstorms from and my only logical conclusion would be Jormag, who was able to summon blizzards around the area in his vicinity as shown in Bitterfrost frontier.

Brandstorms are an original ability of his. However, originally, Brandstorms were limited to the skies above the Dragonbrand.
and
deal with the Brandstorm a bit, and

The Brandstorm, alongside Glint's crystals used by the Zephyrites, is one of the leading factors for the theory that Kralkatorrik's second sphere of influence is air or sky. A lot of his powers deal with wind, lightning, and sun when it doesn't deal with crystals and rock.

What's new is his ability to create Brandstorms across vast distances from his or the Dragonbrand's location. Presumably this is simply because of his overall powerup, and not due to any individual dragon's power.

Yeah sorry after re-reading the comment, I did mean to say his ability to create Brandstorms over vast distances rather strictly his flight path.

Perhaps we will a line piece of dialogue explaining why.

If I refer to simply concepts and namings, Kralky did control dead minions, but this minions were called "Risen" not Undead or Rotten. So that lead me to belive this was not as simple as "Branding Corpses" as you say, but instead those were a combination or "Risen" and "Branded" minions cause they were called "Risen Branded" (or so I wanna think), which imply obviously Zhaity's Death Sphere and Kralky's Crystal? Sphere. Maybe, just maybe, he got the power to revive his dead Branded?

I don't recall Kralky ever absorving Jormy's or Primordy's spheres of influence magic, like ever. Yes Balthy was absorbing their magic but let's keep in mind that he was a god, not a dragon, so maybe he absorbed the raw magic and never got their spheres.

As for Brandstorms outside the limits of Dragonbrand, I also understood it was simply like Lv2 of his already existing Brandstorm (which I first only saw on Daybreak and was like "OMG, That's so badass").

As for that discussion about draconic energy and magic. Wasn't magic like a gift from the gods, that was taken away and then like forced back to Tyria? But anyway, Elementalist do control all elemental magic, but if we analize the hints, so do the dragons, maybe. Primordy is Fire and Earth (right?), Kralky is Air (you guys say it is still rumors?), DSD (Bubbles?) could be Water. If we talk about Necros, Zhaity was dead and maybe Shadow is Demons? Or maybe Demonic magic is part of Zhaintan's supposed Shadow Sphere? You could cut me off if you want but maybe dragons control magic of demonic nature too now.

As for Plant Magic discussion, I have a theory. Maybe Branded plants were not inanimate plants turned to Branded minions, but rather mutant moving plants that were branded. And maybe only Mordry was able to animate and turn plants into thralls? Cause we have seen plant monsters that move alone, right?

(Yes I gave em cute silly names, sue me, x3)

@"Lance Von Alden.8415" said:If I refer to simply concepts and namings, Kralky did control dead minions, but this minions were called "Risen" not Undead or Rotten. So that lead me to belive this was not as simple as "Branding Corpses" as you say, but instead those were a combination or "Risen" and "Branded" minions cause they were called "Risen Branded" (or so I wanna think), which imply obviously Zhaity's Death Sphere and Kralky's Crystal? Sphere. Maybe, just maybe, he got the power to revive his dead Branded?

I don't recall Kralky ever absorving Jormy's or Primordy's spheres of influence magic, like ever. Yes Balthy was absorbing their magic but let's keep in mind that he was a god, not a dragon, so maybe he absorbed the raw magic and never got their spheres.

So in the story mission, Kralkatorrik attacked Amnoon and has since created death branded that look like regular branded except with black misty energy coming off them. These minions were able to raise dead human thus creating branded thralls . In episode 2 it showed a branded wyvern branding dead devourers.

Kralkatorrik would have absorbed these spheres from Balthazar’s death. The Pof cinematic showed slightly different colouring branded crystals and one of the devs advised it was because of the new influences.

@Tyson.5160 said:So in the story mission, Kralkatorrik attacked Amnoon and has since created death branded that look like regular branded except with black misty energy coming off them. These minions were able to raise dead human thus creating branded thralls . In episode 2 it showed a branded wyvern branding dead devourers.

Kralkatorrik would have absorbed these spheres from Balthazar’s death. The Pof cinematic showed slightly different colouring branded crystals and one of the devs advised it was because of the new influences.

The point is that by the name it seems like they use both naming customs of Kralky's Branded and Zhaity's Risen, so I think they are an actual combination of Death and Crystal Spheres, not Branding the Undead like some people mentioned before.

Agent Zrii: How does the dragon even know about it? Zhaitan doesn't strike me as as much of a reader.Trahearne: Zhaitan knows everything its minions know. One of its corrupted servants, while alive or after death, must have seen the tome.

Recalled seeing this in a recent play through, don’t know if this is a power strictly reserved to Zhaitan though.

Archived