can we make the griffon actually obtainable ?

as if having to pay 250g wasnt bad enough

how am I supposed to compete the collection when we have to kill stuff like the legendary corrupted facet

sounds reasonable , till you realize crystal desert is dead and not even using the LFG brings people to join

at most i ve gotten a tops of 5 players Once and then it was a fail because everyone ignored the fragments of nature

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is obtainable though. I got it all done in one night 3-4 months ago when the numbers weren't as high as they are now. I didn't even use the LFG tool either. I just zoned in the map, and someone was already doing it when I asked in map chat. It is very easily obtainable though. Just need to play at the right time of day.

I just helped a friend complete the entire griffon quest line in two days, including Facet.Just stalk the bounty board, wait for it to come up. Grab the bounty, stand OUTSIDE the spawning zone, and either pop a tag if you have one + start an LFG yourself for it, or /mentor up. It only needs ~8 to 10 people to kill Facet if you kill the additional spawns and CC when needed.

I've killed that facet 4 times over the last week (2 of the times were just randomly running over there and joining in the battle). If you hang around in the zone you will see people asking for help to kill it, or you can ask and people will join. Also never hurts to check the LFG listings.

Biggest problem I've ran across is at least half the time I've ran across the facet, a single person got the bounty, then ran up and spawned the facet before asking for other players to come help in map chat. Near guaranteed failure when somebody does that. Ask in map first, gather at least 10 players, THEN get the bounty and spawn it = one dead facet. If people are real idiots the day your trying to get it, start forming the group when the bounty isn't available, that way you can gather everybody as soon as it is up again.

I agree with the advice to try making your own LFG listing, and/or announcing it in map chat. Make sure to mention it's for the griffon collection - some people might not realise yet that they need it, but they'll come if you tell them (that's what happened to me, I was on the map hunting eggs and saw someone saying the legendary was part of the collection so I went to join in).

If you don't get enough people right away keep the listing up/keep advertising it in chat and wait for more to join. Make sure to explain to the group why you're not starting yet, and maybe ask if they can invite any friends/guildies to help. You can also use that time to explain the mechanics rather than hoping people stop to read chat during the fight.

I want to this that and everything but no one else is just sitting around waiting for me ...

Perhaps making a party, squad and trying out yourself. I Know people aren't always around at times you want to do it. But if you try and gather people things might work out better for you.Just saying is all.. :)

@Rezzet.3614 said:as if having to pay 250g wasnt bad enough

how am I supposed to compete the collection when we have to kill stuff like the legendary corrupted facet

sounds reasonable , till you realize crystal desert is dead and not even using the LFG brings people to join

at most i ve gotten a tops of 5 players Once and then it was a fail because everyone ignored the fragments of nature

Hmm, weird. I lead squads for it all the time. Did it twice yesterday.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:Also, the facet is the easy one to get done. Deadhouse is the one that usually takes people a few tries to get done because of how often the event fails.

Eh? First time I did that was with 3 people and that wasn't even 3 people for the whole time.

That event fails all the time, and I doubt you did it with 3 people due to all the mobs that spawn. That is one of the most failed and hardest events to do the griffon acquirement.

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:

@Doctor Hide.6345 said:Also, the facet is the easy one to get done. Deadhouse is the one that usually takes people a few tries to get done because of how often the event fails.

Eh? First time I did that was with 3 people and that wasn't even 3 people for the whole time.

That event fails all the time, and I doubt you did it with 3 people due to all the mobs that spawn. That is one of the most failed and hardest events to do the griffon acquirement.

Events have more mobs if you have more people around, unfortunately they don't actually scale dynamically ...

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Events have more mobs if you have more people around, unfortunately they don't actually scale dynamically ...

Hmm. That is true, but for most people it takes a few tries to actually get that event down.

@Rezzet.3614 said:as if having to pay 250g wasnt bad enough

Please just stop already. Crystal desert has multiple zergs killing the facet every day. The collection is a one-day joke. And 250g is not that much. The morning that I decided I wanted to griffon, i was flying it around later that afternoon.

I dunno man.. took me about a week.. give or take a day..I’m not sure we can make it more avilableJust do dailies for 2g a day, and then some adventures and farming for the gold.You don’t have to spend 250g at once, just save 25g, buy 1 item, and save p the next 25g.Easy does it, baby steps towards victory.As for events, just keep an eye on the LFG. Plenty of people still do all the necessary events.I see a callout on the maps every single day “hey, guys, lets do X for the gryffon”

Find a guild that are really willing to help (all of them are, when recruiting, but just a few really ARE).If you're not lucky on this, send me a PM and i'll ask someone to invite you to SoE. Trully the first guild i've ever joined on GW2 where people are active, do events and help each other.

Archived