Guild Wars 2: Bench of the final judge issue.

Hello, I would first like to thank you for taking the time to read my post. I intend to point out an issue with the item "Bench of the final judge" and how players interact with it in the world.Currently, you work really hard to obtain said item, show it off, and then proceed to have 10 people start insulting you or try to inappropriately hump your face. I have a few suggestions for this:

A) create a skill for the throne, that when toggled, it creates a small green misty shield around the throne. Those that approach this shield suffer a minor knockback and are dismounted. This will take care of the face-humpers.

B ) Add a secondary skill that, when targeting a person with it, causes them to scream out loud (like the bloodstone effect from bloodstone fen) This will make it hard for someone to trash talk while they are constantly screaming. It just makes them look like a fool.

C) This does not need to be added, but if it is, it would be cool, and that is a radial knockback. I.E a green energy burst that deals minor knockback/dismount for all people in X range.

Possible issues: Some may have concerns regarding abuse of this in jumping puzzles.

Solution: disable gizmo deployment in jumping puzzle, this mechanic would also allow room for more thrones in the future and another layer to fashion wars. it is also worth mentioning that currently if the throne is deployed on uneven ground, it will continually slide until it hits even land. This makes it difficult to maintain a throne in a jumping puzzle area.

The reason I hope some or all of these ideas are implemented is because the throne represents a new, bold, creative, and immersive aspect to the game/ fashion wars, etc. Therefore, I encourage the use or employment of steps that further strengthen said aspects.

Side note: You may wish to make the shield barrier in suggestion A also absorb projectiles for added shock effect.

I would like to thank you again for reading this long post. Please share your thoughts, what aspects do you agree with, disagree with?

Yeah, the additions you want sound like great ways to troll people to me. People setting their throne up next to a banker or another NPC, pushing people over cliffs or over the edge of narrow stairs, blocking doors, pushing people away from vendors or crafting stations and so on.

No player ability should be able to negatively affect other players in PvE.

Hello and GZ to the fancy item you either got by doing something or just bought for gold.

Neither of your suggestions would be a good thing to put into the game. You might have thought about how this could be anoying in JPs, but have you thought bout the nature of trolls and that, as soon as something like this, because you are suggesting bringing PvP elements/interactions into the PvE environment of the game, makes it into the open world, we would have to deal with: players camping rich crafting nodes, vistas, NPCs, mastery and hero points. Players would be dicking around with the throne in cities keeping ppl from using crafting stations or the trading post. These are just the things that come to my mind and I'm not even a troll actively thinking about how to ruin other players day.

Bringing PvP to players who didn't agree to it is a bad idea and won't fly with this game.

Archived