Waiting to get into the game

Vavume.8065

@Donari.5237 said:At least you loaded! I'm close to 5 hours in and still have 5630 files to go. I'm starting to wonder if it's showing a DL speed without actually loading any files.

There is a long section at 76% where it seems stuck but its just a huge file, I saw it on reddit earlier so it didn't panic me.

@Mikuchan.7261 said:Would you prefer the patch to be 200 MB and not have any content? :DAs for the speed, I got 10-20 MB/s almost constantly, so that's more an issue with your connection.

No, I would have preferred to pre load the patch before its release, like Blizzard do, but I guess that's to much to ask from Anet... and my connection speed is an issue, which is why I want to pre download...

I must be lucky, except from one small crash and one point where I got Network error and had to reload for about 8 times before I could play again, I havent had any major bugs. The one bug I ran into was that mine and others mounts took a few seconds to disapear after decending into water.

I hope you all will be able to play soon, the game is wonderfull in my opinion, though now I have to go to sleep.

Edit: Oh by the way, if you are having problems with updating. I got stuck at 76%, I just restarted the client and it took 10seconds to update the rest.

@Vavume.8065 said:

@Donari.5237 said:At least you loaded! I'm close to 5 hours in and still have 5630 files to go. I'm starting to wonder if it's showing a DL speed without actually loading any files.

There is a long section at 76% where it seems stuck but its just a huge file, I saw it on reddit earlier so it didn't panic me.

Yeah I know about that, knew in advance, but since my guildies all got past that hours ago while I've still hung up without progress I am a bit tetched. Otoh I just tried my regular launcher link instead of the workaround I've had to use to access the game (normal shortcut had the launcher just hang as a blank window) and that a) worked and b) hasn't gone to 0 speed for more than a moment at a time so there is hope. C'mon, c'mon 5629 files to go, I know you can do it, patcher!

@Donari.5237 said:

Yeah I know about that, knew in advance, but since my guildies all got past that hours ago while I've still hung up without progress I am a bit tetched. Otoh I just tried my regular launcher link instead of the workaround I've had to use to access the game (normal shortcut had the launcher just hang as a blank window) and that a) worked and b) hasn't gone to 0 speed for more than a moment at a time so there is hope. C'mon, c'mon 5629 files to go, I know you can do it, patcher!

I feel you, but don't get to excited when you do finally get in because then you will be faced with another unknown amout of hours tryin to get into the first story instance. Fun times.

Maybe you just tried to open the game during that flood time when everyone's rushing to see the new stuff. Just a few hours later and I downloaded everything within a few minutes and had little trouble in loading screens. My laptop's an old one, too, one that I have to play GW2 on minimum graphics with >_>

Update : so finally I get into the first story, after completion I'm sent to the 2nd story mission which just so happens to also be in LA...!!!!!!! and you guessed it, I'm now stuck tryin to get that to load also, all this just to get out of LA, whover thought havin 2 story steps in LA before even getting to the desert... I don't even have words...

@EdgarMTanaka.7291 said:I must be lucky, except from one small crash and one point where I got Network error and had to reload for about 8 times before I could play again, I havent had any major bugs. The one bug I ran into was that mine and others mounts took a few seconds to disapear after decending into water.

I hope you all will be able to play soon, the game is wonderfull in my opinion, though now I have to go to sleep.

Edit: Oh by the way, if you are having problems with updating. I got stuck at 76%, I just restarted the client and it took 10seconds to update the rest.

Are you NA or EU but downloaded fast by chance? Going by this thread https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/3149/path-of-fire-story-instance-error-instancecreate-failed-error-1036/ it seems a lot of these issues are on EU servers. Might be something that went wrong when the servers went down briefly, since a few of the early downloaders in EU have been able to play.

@Vavume.8065 said:Update : so finally I get into the first story, after completion I'm sent to the 2nd story mission which just so happens to also be in LA...!!!!!!! and you guessed it, I'm now stuck tryin to get that to load also, all this just to get out of LA, whover thought havin 2 story steps in LA before even getting to the desert... I don't even have words...i have those words: "kitten la superloadlag friggen out of Service instance unbuild server issue tissue lag Story instance denial"

Archived