Ventari Revenant, where does it fit in?

Rizz.9830

Serious topic. So I play a Ventari Revenant, and have since Heart of Thorns; however, off and on. I've never placed in ranked PvP, so I guess this is a question for those who understand the higher echelon of coordinated PvP. What team compositions do Ventari revs work with best?

• Not looking for builds (happy with mine).
  • Not wanting to hear, "go play druid if you want to hear", or some other class.

@"Rizz.9830" said:Serious topic. So I play a Ventari Revenant, and have since Heart of Thorns; however, off and on. I've never placed in ranked PvP, so I guess this is a question for those who understand the higher echelon of coordinated PvP. What team compositions do Ventari revs work with best?

• Not wanting to hear, "go play druid if you want to hear", or some other class.

I know you don't want to hear it, but ventari rev will get absolutely torn to shreds by the new PoF specs. You're a sitting duck in this meta, ventari rev could be played to some limited level in sPvP pre-PoF but now there is just too much boon rip from spellbreaker, mesmer, double steal theif and corruption from scourge. If you want to play it that's fine, play it, but forget about what composition, it has no place in PvP now.

Contrary to previous comments no, it's not useless, but Ventari rev earned its bad reputation because it has never been the best choice for any role, except for 1-2 months when it was a decap god and everyone hated it because it was super toxic gameplay.

It competes for a spot against other dedicated support builds like bunker firebrand (or in the past, tempest). It actually outdoes them in some areas - for example ventari rev is better at handling power based specs than firebrand is, and has better burst healing / CC. Why is it not used more then? Well it has 0 damage (even a Magi firebrand does more than a Mender rev), mobility is trash, healing more than 1 ally at a time is nearly impossible because of how small the effective radius of the tablet is, and chasing pugs with the tablet can be a nightmare. It also struggles vs conditions / diversified pressure as you won't have enough energy to deal with both at the same time, and barely has any stunbreaks.

I guess it works "best" with anything as long as you don't have a bunker firebrand on the team already (or other high healing / 0 damage specs). Druid is still fine to have tho.

It used to be excellent when the elite had a 3 sec CD. Literally non stop CCs. My friend hit #6 on the leaderboard with it in Season 7.

Now it's... in an even tighter spot. Mesmer is nuts (it's a bunker killer) and S/D thief is a big thorn in the side. Scourge is yucky. Holosmith is a hammer on the head. And worse of all it lacks the CC.

Indeed, it could use more mobility. Shiro/Vent maybe? Invocation/Retribution/Salvation?

Why would you try to play support rev when only one legend can make use of the stats needed to play vent rev?

You make half of your tool kit worthless/extremely situational by investing in healing stats no matter what legend you choose to go along with vent.

Vent needs something about it to be game breaking OP in order to work. That's probably not going to happen though.

dont listen. it can work. yes its harder than before but the only nerf we got its the kb elite spamm.

you want to go with another friend like warrior sp or engi holo as they can sustain better while you heal them and they have good dmg around you. scourge its also good but harder to pull 2v3 on point.tactic should be heal from range your allywhen you get focused go stand with him as his attack cleave while you heal him and blind around him

with pugs it is harder as you need to anticipate where they gonna stand in order to heal them effectively.

why this build not optimum like its used to be?before the nerf it was point holder build and not healer so in 1v1 and some 1v2 it could work due to kb spamm.its harder to pull out as you need to move the tablet inorder to heal while other class just move and spam healing skills.it has bad cleansing abilities which force you to be backline healer and not on point healer.dont spamm boons with herald if there is scourge around

i made it to gold tier 3 back than after the nerf . now i am trying to pull if off with renegade (much harder :D)

@"Rizz.9830" said:Serious topic. So I play a Ventari Revenant, and have since Heart of Thorns; however, off and on. I've never placed in ranked PvP, so I guess this is a question for those who understand the higher echelon of coordinated PvP. What team compositions do Ventari revs work with best?

It's good in the pvp lobby :tongue:

6 slottingRune of the AdventurerOrRune of Altruism(I got 16 seconds of fury each time I moved the table in my brief testing)

Would be interesting to try. I do agree that chasing people with the tablets small radius would be frustrating. Maybe they need to be responsible for picking up the fragments if the want heals... IDK, if you want to heal others, other professions would be easier.

• 7 months later...

Archived