Counterplay against mesmers

SomeGinger.5697

So how can i effectively fight against a mesmer. Im on my warrior and i have difficulty fighting just mesmers in general what should i look out for and how can i best punch them in the kidney?There are massive damage spikes for them from stealth large condi bombs agaisnt tank mesmers i do fairly well.

Watch the mini-map

Pay attention to respawns

Ask your team to call incomings (when you are waiting to respawn you can still see what direction opponents are heading)

Obvs pay attention to nearby portals

Make a tankier builds to combat this "zerker" meta

Save your "take no damage" abilities for when you get engaged, learn to have lightning fast reflexes. :D

@"Abelisk.4527" said:Step 1. Run away.Step 2. Complain on the forums.Step 3. Hope they get nerfed hard enough...

I'd revise it to "stand still and die". How can you counterplay:Passive stunbreak on dodge, leap on dodge, blurred frenzy, distortion, blink, jaunt, portal, regular dodge & all the passive traits not included.

You can't.

If you see a mesmer stealth near you, wait one second and pop a defensive skill (IE Block, Full Counter, etc). Proceed to mash attacks and get into their face until they stealth again. Rinse and repeat. That is, of course, assuming that they don't murder you in the meantime. It's quite likely that will happen.

If you see one throw their greatsword, dodge it ASAP. You're about to get spiked.

@Ryan.9387 said:

@"Abelisk.4527" said:Step 1. Run away.Step 2. Complain on the forums.Step 3. Hope they get nerfed hard enough...

I'd revise it to "stand still and die". How can you counterplay:Passive stunbreak on dodge, leap on dodge, blurred frenzy, distortion, blink, jaunt, portal, regular dodge & all the passive traits not included.

You can't.

Second this lol.

@Kahyos.1437 said:

You can't.

Second this lol.

There must be something going on if mesmers are forced to bring movement/survival utility skills instead of damaging ones.

@Airdive.2613 said:

You can't.

Second this lol.

There must be something going on if mesmers are forced to bring movement/survival utility skills instead of damaging ones.

The stunbreak on dodge + condi clense, blurred frenzy, leap on dodge aren't utility skills. Also, its common sense to use movement/survival skills in a pvp scenario rather than damage utilities that will never land.

@Kondor.2904 said:

@JonnyForgotten.4276 said:I play thief, but the trick for me is to dodge their bursts, make kitten sure you track the player, then get in their face and don't let up. A lot of them seem to panic when you can put enough pressure on them.

Nerf ecto.

Lol, oddly enough, I usually get so into the attack cycles i use that I often forget to pop ecto in these situations. . . .not to mention the time I spend on DE and so don't HAVE ecto.

@JonnyForgotten.4276 said:

@JonnyForgotten.4276 said:I play thief, but the trick for me is to dodge their bursts, make kitten sure you track the player, then get in their face and don't let up. A lot of them seem to panic when you can put enough pressure on them.

Nerf ecto.

Lol, oddly enough, I usually get so into the attack cycles i use that I often forget to pop ecto in these situations. . . .not to mention the time I spend on DE and so don't HAVE ecto.

2-4 ectos thats how you free win any kind of mesmer ,especially s/d :>p.s noone gonna watch moment from his steam ? feelsbad

@Airdive.2613 said:

@Kahyos.1437 said:The stunbreak on dodge + condi clense, blurred frenzy, leap on dodge aren't utility skills. Also, its common sense to use movement/survival skills in a pvp scenario rather than damage utilities that will never land.

Why don't you take yours?

Sadly, there is no way for a rev to get stun break + condi cleanse on a normal dodge or even as a utility.

@Faux Play.6104 said:With the newer builds there does not appear to be a damage spike anymore. It is just sustained AI spam. The worst offender is the boon spam Mesmer. It has 100% uptime on stab, agis, resistance, quickness, 25 might and has multiple AI attacks that hit for over 10k.

I call you liar here , all this boons are 100% only in pve, even tho resistance never maintened 100% even thereplus engis can spam stab,25 might,protection fury etc + remove insane amount of condis for entire team , broken as hell, yet, untouched ;)

@Shala.8352 said:i dont get why mesmer has so easy access to stability, when almost every of his skills are instant cast... he can even shatter while stunned!

Chaos traitline , instant skill is staff2 u mean...what most skills are insant lel ? Shatters always been instant and casted while stunned , like steal, toolbelts etc

@Odik.4587 said:

@Faux Play.6104 said:With the newer builds there does not appear to be a damage spike anymore. It is just sustained AI spam. The worst offender is the boon spam Mesmer. It has 100% uptime on stab, agis, resistance, quickness, 25 might and has multiple AI attacks that hit for over 10k.

I call you liar here , all this boons are 100% only in pve, even tho resistance never maintened 100% even there

Look at the screenshots from another post. The build is beyond broken on top of the insane boon application rate, its phantasms hit for over 10k damage. If you don't believe me go to the pvp arena. You are bound to find one and watch their buff bar. It is beyond broken .

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"Curunen.8729" said:
Yes they can spike every boon for short durations, but some will fall away/run out which is hardly permanent/indefinite.
Example - can mesmer maintain
permanent
quickness in pvp, permanent application of aegis as soon as it is removed, or hell permanent resistance?Show me permanent resistance in pvp (not wvw) for one, on a mesmer by themselves, for an extended fight (ie not a short fight over in a few seconds). Though I doubt you'll be able to because mesmer has three direct ways of accessing resistance - BD with F5 and Signet of Inspiration rng, and Temporal Enchanter - and anyone traiting glamours in pvp you can laugh at and proceed to kill.The fourth is rune of revenant for resistance on heal but this still doesn't make it 100% uptime. So I don't think you know mesmer enough to make a statement like this.For the record I never said they can't have high uptime of a lot of boons - but
you stating "have every boon permanently" is a straight exaggeration.

Here are some screenshots after a single quick rotation.
  1. - 2 minutes of aegis
  2. - 56 seconds of vigor
  3. - 25 stacks of might for 28 seconds
  4. - 2 minutes 29 seconds of fury
  5. - 18 seconds of quickness
  6. - 1 minute 14 seconds of swiftness
  7. - 22 seconds of protection
  8. - 15 seconds of resistance
  9. - 21 seconds of alacrity (while traiting Improved Alacrity which reduces Alacrity Duration by 33%)

"Short durations" LUL"You're exaggerating" LUL

Archived