(Story) Arrival and Survival npc

Skunkix.8251

Hello guys, i started this quest today to follow the storyline before PoF but the npc "First Mate Bilgefire" does not trigger anything after talk. Quest say "check in with first mate bilgefire" but when you talk to him, he just say stuff and nothing happens T_T

I asked several persons on the map and all appear to have the same issue

Cheers

@Skunkix.8251 said:Hello guys, i started this quest today to follow the storyline before PoF but the npc "First Mate Bilgefire" does not trigger anything after talk. Quest say "check in with first mate bilgefire" but when you talk to him, he just say stuff and nothing happens T_T

I asked several persons on the map and all appear to have the same issue

Cheers

Having the same issue. I sent a bug report in. I hope they fix it soon.

@mlhelena.5361 said:Seems like various Flashpoint steps in Draconis Mons are bugged. I'm stuck up on the volcano's throat with Nettleblaze's dialogue on repeat. :\

Yeah i managed to advance on story (thanks to all people on map chat helping with these bugs) and got stuck with that nature spirit. Its really frustrating :confounded:

Okay, so here's the full list of workarounds so far:

1: To get past Bilgefire, wait until your character mentions the mist, then quickly WP to the Heathen's Hold Waypoint, when you go back it should work. (Might take quite a few tries, keep being persistent.)

2: To get past the Locate the Scientist part, WP to Heathen's Hold again near the end of his dialogue, when he's asking you to check the locator, then go back and you should be able to interact with it. (Again, probably won't work the first time around, keep trying.)

3: To get past Nettleblaze, WP to Mariner's Landing Waypoint near the end of his dialogue, as (or slightly after) he's talking about freeing the elders. (A few people said Ancient Hollow Waypoint also worked, once again it takes a bit, be persistent.) If it worked, it should progress as soon as you come back within range of Nettleblaze.

There've been a few other issues such as it checking off the objective but not giving you the next mission, those can be fixed by logging out to Character Select quickly.

Thanks to all the helpful people in the map chat! I hope this gets patched soon. ^-^

Edit: The story works after this, up until Taimi's cutscene at the very end, which doesn't play at all for most people. Relogging will complete the mission but won't show you the cutscene.

Here's a YouTube link to that cutscene:

!

There's a short dialogue with Taimi after the cutscene that you'll also miss, and this isn't included in the video, so here it is from the wiki:

! After the cinematic! Character name: Taimi...! Taimi: I know. We're completely nooked!! Character name: Are you sure this is accurate? Will it really...?! Taimi: There's a definite margin for error, but I think it's sound. Oh, I don't know! I'm so tired! Please don't be mad at me!! Character name: I'm not. Don't... We'll just stop him. It's okay. We have to.! Taimi: Here's the thing about that... I didn't exactly plan to shut off the machine in the middle of its routine.! Taimi: So if he starts it up, the only way to turn it off is to overload it, and that'll blow it to smithereens.! Taimi: Omadd's Machine is one of a kind—even I don't know what makes it tick.! Taimi: So...if it's destroyed, we'll never get another shot at Primordus OR Jormag.! Taimi: Hello? Are you there?! Character name: Just letting this sink in... Rock and a hard place, huh?! Taimi: Rock and a hard place. What do you want to do?! Character name: Let's hope I can reach him before he has a chance to turn it on. If not... I don't know. I'll make the call then.! Taimi: Good luck. I'm...sorry. (click)

@Crescelle.9783 said:Okay, so here's the full list of workarounds so far:

1: To get past Bilgefire, wait until your character mentions the mist, then quickly WP to the Heathen's Hold Waypoint, when you go back it should work. (Might take quite a few tries, keep being persistent.)

2: To get past the Locate the Scientist part, WP to Heathen's Hold again near the end of his dialogue, when he's asking you to check the locator, then go back and you should be able to interact with it. (Again, probably won't work the first time around, keep trying.)

3: To get past Nettleblaze, WP to Mariner's Landing Waypoint near the end of his dialogue, as (or slightly after) he's talking about freeing the elders. (A few people said Ancient Hollow Waypoint also worked, once again it takes a bit, be persistent.) If it worked, it should progress as soon as you come back within range of Nettleblaze.

There've been a few other issues such as it checking off the objective but not giving you the next mission, those can be fixed by logging out to Character Select quickly.

Thanks to all the helpful people in the map chat! I hope this gets patched soon. ^-^

Edit: The story works after this, up until Taimi's cutscene at the very end, which doesn't play at all for most people. Relogging will complete the mission but won't show you the cutscene.

!

There's a short dialogue with Taimi after the cutscene that you'll also miss, and this isn't included in the video, so here it is from the wiki:

! After the cinematic! Character name: Taimi...! Taimi: I know. We're completely nooked!! Character name: Are you sure this is accurate? Will it really...?! Taimi: There's a definite margin for error, but I think it's sound. Oh, I don't know! I'm so tired! Please don't be mad at me!! Character name: I'm not. Don't... We'll just stop him. It's okay. We have to.! Taimi: Here's the thing about that... I didn't exactly plan to shut off the machine in the middle of its routine.! Taimi: So if he starts it up, the only way to turn it off is to overload it, and that'll blow it to smithereens.! Taimi: Omadd's Machine is one of a kind—even I don't know what makes it tick.! Taimi: So...if it's destroyed, we'll never get another shot at Primordus OR Jormag.! Taimi: Hello? Are you there?! Character name: Just letting this sink in... Rock and a hard place, huh?! Taimi: Rock and a hard place. What do you want to do?! Character name: Let's hope I can reach him before he has a chance to turn it on. If not... I don't know. I'll make the call then.! Taimi: Good luck. I'm...sorry. (click)

The locate scientist you teleport right when he says look at the end

@Tearston.9426 said:

@Crescelle.9783 said:Okay, so here's the full list of workarounds so far:

!

The locate scientist you teleport right when he says look at the end

Oh thanks! Wrote this after doing it and couldn't remember exactly what it was he said.

Archived