High vs Medium vs Low SES — Guild Wars 2 Forums

High vs Medium vs Low SES

SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

Socioeconomic Status (SES) has become a hot term for the netizen in my country because it was found out as a study topic in the social study course

It made comparisons between the behaviors of the different SES; speech, attitude, language proficiency, places of visit, etc. Pretty judgmental but that how researches are made!

What kind of wvwers do you think has high/med/low SES irl?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

--

Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

Comments

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

My guess is that there are trolls in every SeS tier despite any differences in background.

• SkyShroud.2865SkyShroud.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2018

@DemonSeed.3528 said:
    My guess is that there are trolls in every SeS tier despite any differences in background.

the quality of troll surely differs. for example the white moose lodge controversy, i think the owner is a high level troll, getting free publicity through it while getting huge supports for it

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International PvX Guild
    Henge of Denravi Server
    www.gw2time.com

--

Explanations of WvW Structures & Populations Issues

• DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:

the quality of troll surely differs. for example the white moose lodge controversy, i think the owner is a high level troll, getting free publicity through it while getting huge supports for it

I agree that may be true. I can't imagine how many behavioral factors are involved but there is also that aspect of nature vs nurture to consider as well as culture. If you look at it in a microcosm, do the classes people choose in game or the way they socialize have any reflection of their ses? What I mean is, do people of a certain ses gravitate towards squad play or more towards a solo/ roamer play and/or classes/builds which serve towards Zerg or selfish builds. It's all interesting to think about it. Of course on the other hand they might do the exact opposite of how stuff is irl since it's a game and we all like to fantasize, but I think some of it trickles through. I think in the end with regards to something like trollers in wvw that human condition would probably reach all ses tiers, but the level and persistence is probably higher in lower ses (possibly due to frustration of external factors giving rise to 'letting off steam) this is just my opinion. I also wonder, do those of higher ses take more of a commanding role, or solo roles (eg they think zerging is for the common folk). In any case I think your post was really interesting to think about and ponder. Ty for making it.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.