Can we please dismount the griffon midair?

@lokh.2695 said:As much as I'd love to, it would probably break more stuff than fixing an inconvenience is worth. I'd rather get a mastery that lets my griffon use the updrafts and lay-lines instead.

That I would totally be fine with!it would even be better than what I suggested... But I didn't dare to hope for that :/

Either dismount or updrafts. If updrafts; they should behave slightly different than with the glider. Fast flight thru an updraft should just give a slight bump, normal flight should give a bigger rise in elevation and only when you cut forward momentum should it act like gliding updrafts. I really think it would be difficult for them to do ley-line gliding with the griffon. I don't think ley-line is really needed with the griffon.

I hit the "only if" option as more of an undecided vote...

I know there are times I really want to dismount, but I also can see the concerns for where it could cause problems. Griffon flys a lot farther than a glider, there might be places that could be broken by flying to an updraft on the griffon, then switching to a glider to go up, then back to the griffon again to fly farther. Just seems like it is something that could have some rather unintended side effects. Maybe if they made it so that once your on the griffon you can't use a glider until you land or something?

Although with a little practice I am finding the desire to dismount in mid air to come less and less. With the griffon I can come to a complete stop in mid air to drop straight down where I want to land, or use dive to go down even faster than falling if I don't need to land right on the x:)

Dismount, glide, mount , flap, dismount, glide, mount, flap. Dismount, glide, mount , flap, dismount, glide, mount, flap.Dismount, glide, mount , flap, dismount, glide, mount, flap.Dismount, glide, mount , flap, dismount, glide, mount, flap.

Infinite flight, that's what your change will allow people to do.

@lokh.2695 said:As much as I'd love to, it would probably break more stuff than fixing an inconvenience is worth. I'd rather get a mastery that lets my griffon use the updrafts and lay-lines instead.

Why not both?You can already put your glider away while you're midair so I don't see what problems dismissing the griffon would introduce.

It would be a nice quality of life update to be able to dismount the griffon mid-air, so updrafts and ley-lines could be used with the glider. However, making gliders completely useless by having the griffon be able to use them shouldn't happen.

@"Ayrilana.1396" said:

We intentionally disallow dismount in midair as it can break stuff such as having players to use springer to launch themselves really high in the air and then glide.

I can see why Anet decided so before the launch of PoF, but then again with the collective experience we now have of riding the mounts in each map, how much would it honestly affect our gameplay? There's always places you can climb with the springer and then glide from, you'll just have to look for them longer and find ways to go around places. If you ask me, being able to dismount the springer mid-jump and continue by gliding or mounting the griffon would just be a quality of life update as well.

Also, here's a person who still isn't a fan of the soaring air dive update. Griffon was way more fun when the air dive could be interrupted even after the wing flap. :/

@Cynn.1659 said:Dismount, glide, mount , flap, dismount, glide, mount, flap. Dismount, glide, mount , flap, dismount, glide, mount, flap.Dismount, glide, mount , flap, dismount, glide, mount, flap.Dismount, glide, mount , flap, dismount, glide, mount, flap.

Except if mounting the griffon too soon after gliding would cost endurance just as much as a wing flap?

@Cynn.1659 said:Dismount, glide, mount , flap, dismount, glide, mount, flap. Dismount, glide, mount , flap, dismount, glide, mount, flap.Dismount, glide, mount , flap, dismount, glide, mount, flap.Dismount, glide, mount , flap, dismount, glide, mount, flap.

This will be great!!!!!!!!

@DerJoker.9081 said:My intention was not to have infinite flight available, but to be able to is pure updrafts. It's really frustrating to not be able to use them (verdant brink I'm talking to you)

It would be cool to use updraft (or even leyline) with a griffin, but frankly, this features should require a mastery track behind it, so that it is fair for everyone to get it.

Archived