Beedog Griffon Skin

I know Super Adventure Festival is coming back soon and I just wanted to suggest maybe a Beedog griffon mount skin etc. Trampolenes from World 2-2 you can bounce on and or slab of ice you can slide on from world 2-3 for guild hall decorations. On the extreme end it would be awesome to have a legendary decoration craft to actually craft the portal box next to Moto himself as a guild hall item that your guild can use anytime to go into SAB. More bauble infusions would be nice too possible the other 4 main colors (orange, yellow, green, and purple) so we can collect all 6 colors as well as purple weapon skins. Just a few thoughts still hoping for world three and four someday but not expecting that to ever happen haha.

There are haters of everything in this world so if you come here to post about hating SAB or its annoying or stupid you are seriously wasting your time, in advance I don't care. Thanks.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"derd.6413" said:death of an artstyleEven though I said I don't care about negative comments, hilariously the following is true.The latest poll I saw [Private Poll] Do you enjoy Super Adventure Box? Why?93 yes56 no24 never played53% like it vs 32%, how does that reflect the "death of an artstyle."? A lot more people like it than hate it.

@"Westenev.5289" said:I don't really get the "lore break" argument for SAB styled mounts; the world already includes the hardlight technology to make this possible. So I say why not?

I don't think you can break lore any more than what they did with PoF and with wings annndddd any current mount skin. I think it would be neat for a SAB theme though

@Kethavel.1759 said:

@"derd.6413" said:death of an artstyleEven though I said I don't care about negative comments, hilariously the following is true.The latest poll I saw [Private Poll] Do you enjoy Super Adventure Box? Why?93 yes56 no24 never played53% like it vs 32%, how does that reflect the "death of an artstyle."? A lot more people like it than hate it.

there's a diffrence between a yearly aprils fools event and some weapons/backpack skins (which don't look that bad) and giant polygonal animals bigger then your character.

ppl complain enough of SAB breaking the artstyle no need to go full tera

I wouldn't be surprised if this happens, honestly.

It's unfortunate, because there are some outstanding mount skins available, but for some reason we always seem to gravitate towards the visual themes and colours that would appeal to a 12-year-old on an acid trip.

@"Kethavel.1759" said:The latest poll I saw [Private Poll] Do you enjoy Super Adventure Box? Why?93 yes56 no24 never played53% like it vs 32%, how does that reflect the "death of an artstyle."? A lot more people like it than hate it.Keep in mind though that doesn't mean the same amount like the idea of SAB mount skins. I personally for example found the SAB to be a funny little gimmick for a short while each year. Now would I want to see players flying around on giant Beedogs in the land of Tyria? No lol.

@derd.6413 said:

@derd.6413 said:death of an artstyleEven though I said I don't care about negative comments, hilariously the following is true.The latest poll I saw [Private Poll] Do you enjoy Super Adventure Box? Why?93 yes56 no24 never played53% like it vs 32%, how does that reflect the "death of an artstyle."? A lot more people like it than hate it.

there's a diffrence between a yearly aprils fools event and some weapons/backpack skins (which don't look that bad) and giant polygonal animals bigger then your character.

That is not even a legitimate reason. Let's apply your logic to everything. Should we have PVP? No because people complain about it. Should we have WVW? No because people complain about it. Should we have mounts? No because people complain about it. Should we have a game at all? No because people complain about it. Should we wake up in the morning and enjoy life? Your reason is all the more reason why we should have SAB mounts.

@Ben K.6238 said:I wouldn't be surprised if this happens, honestly.

It's unfortunate, because there are some outstanding mount skins available, but for some reason we always seem to gravitate towards the visual themes and colours that would appeal to a 12-year-old on an acid trip.

I shall have a BeeDog Mount and I shall pet him and hug him and call him George.

@Moonlit.6421 said:

@"Kethavel.1759" said:The latest poll I saw [Private Poll] Do you enjoy Super Adventure Box? Why?93 yes56 no24 never played53% like it vs 32%, how does that reflect the "death of an artstyle."? A lot more people like it than hate it.Keep in mind though that doesn't mean the same amount like the idea of SAB mount skins. I personally for example found the SAB to be a funny little gimmick for a short while each year. Now would I want to see players flying around on giant Beedogs in the land of Tyria? No lol.

You say that as is it is so abstract to have a Beedog in the "Land of Tyria" the same land that is in a video game that is entirely fictional. The same could have been said about many things, we have dead fish and rocks with eyeballs for mini pets, disco ball and toy weapon skins, floppy scimitar, the list goes on there are TONS of goofy oddball things in the fictional land of Tyria.

At the point where you have laser pistols, people with wings, people who walk around with their clothing literally on fire, etc. I really don't understand the immersion and artstyle complaints. Personally, I've always enjoyed the varied ways players in this game can tinker with their character's look. Standing right next to the guy riding a smiling, pixelated cloud you'll see a guy who looks like the grim reaper. So what? That's GW2 to me!

@Kethavel.1759 said:

@Kethavel.1759 said:The latest poll I saw [Private Poll] Do you enjoy Super Adventure Box? Why?93 yes56 no24 never played53% like it vs 32%, how does that reflect the "death of an artstyle."? A lot more people like it than hate it.Keep in mind though that doesn't mean the same amount like the idea of SAB mount skins. I personally for example found the SAB to be a funny little gimmick for a short while each year. Now would I want to see players flying around on giant Beedogs in the land of Tyria? No lol.

You say that as is it is so abstract to have a Beedog in the "Land of Tyria" the same land that is in a video game that is entirely fictional. The same could have been said about many things, we have dead fish and rocks with eyeballs for mini pets, disco ball and toy weapon skins, floppy scimitar, the list goes on there are TONS of goofy oddball things in the fictional land of Tyria.

Actually to be fair I said nothing about it being "abstract" as you said, just pointed out that the poll you mentioned does not particularly support the topic of this thread. As for the skins I said, as mentioned in the quote above, that I personally wouldn't like them and wouldn't want see players flying all over Tyria with them. Just as you have a right and reason to want them, I have a right to stand on the other side of the line and disagree with you, and that is all I've done so far. While we could get into a lore based discussion on it I chose not to as I personally have no interest in doing so and as you mentioned in your op you'd have no intention of listening, even if I did bring up a good point regarding the matter, so I see no point in wasting my time with that.

@AliamRationem.5172 said:At the point where you have laser pistols, people with wings, people who walk around with their clothing literally on fire, etc. I really don't understand the immersion and artstyle complaints. Personally, I've always enjoyed the varied ways players in this game can tinker with their character's look. Standing right next to the guy riding a smiling, pixelated cloud you'll see a guy who looks like the grim reaper. So what? That's GW2 to me!

Agreed.

If there was a concerted effort by the developers to maintain some sort of serious, immersive, art style for the game I might agree with those opposed to more SAB on the grounds of immersion. But, Anet established from almost the beginning that this is not a concern for them.

Sure we already got some goofy stuff and some over the top or weird stuff.When it comes to minis it is acceptable, since they are somewhat small and wont bother others, you can look past the stupid/ugly ones.Wings might be a bit... eh to some extend, but they are still in the same artstyle of the rest of the game, so not completely breaking it.Fire armor have always been a thing... as silly as that is. Is it over the top? Yes, is it breaking the artstyle... well not exactly... even if some dislike it.Those silly toy weapons... they can be fun and they are not complete eyesores, again for most part they are that bit smaller that you can look past the horrible ones.

Mounts are big... you might not notice what mini someone have, or what weapon they use, but you will always notice the mount when it is active. There is no looking past it. And SAB mounts will be the top of eyesores... or well.. on par with full glow characters that blind you.

I can still see SAB mounts happen though -_- unfortunately... I can just hope very few will actually get them and it will be super rare to see one.

I will definitely purchase SAB mounts if they aren’t too garish. 8-bit Particle effects like the SAB weapons would be great, just as long as they’re not huge eyesores.

I wouldn’t hold my breath for a beedog griffon though, I held mine for plushie Wintersday mounts and was disappointed.

I love SAB. Every year when it's opened I spend quite a lot of time in there. But I wouldn't want to see SAB mount skins outside of SAB. As much as I don't like seeing SAB weapons, minis and back item skins. It fits in the world of SAB, but outside that box it's an eyesore. Just my opinion, but still a valid opinion. Whether anyone understands it or not is entirely inconsequential. But I'm afraid ANet will nevertheless release such a mount pack.

@Kethavel.1759 said:

@derd.6413 said:death of an artstyleEven though I said I don't care about negative comments, hilariously the following is true.The latest poll I saw [Private Poll] Do you enjoy Super Adventure Box? Why?93 yes56 no24 never played53% like it vs 32%, how does that reflect the "death of an artstyle."? A lot more people like it than hate it.

That is not even a legitimate reason. Let's apply your logic to everything. Should we have PVP? No because people complain about it. Should we have WVW? No because people complain about it. Should we have mounts? No because people complain about it. Should we have a game at all? No because people complain about it. Should we wake up in the morning and enjoy life? Your reason is all the more reason why we should have SAB mounts.

ppl complain about pvp being abandoned but we shouldn't abandon it.ppl complain about wvw being abandoned but we shouldn't abandon it.ppl complain about the artstyle being abandoned but we shouldn't abandon it.

and i'm not saying we shouldn't have mounts i say we shouldn't have mount skins based on SNES graphics because it clashes with the games artsyle.

i also wanna add that the animations on such mounts would lok janky AF which is fine inside the SAB but on the outside (with the weight of mounts it'd look even more stupid)

Archived