Will it ever be possible to exchange WvW infusions?

• ArenaNet Staff

@AllNightPlayer.1286 said:Are there any plans for a merchant, who trades WvW infusions for another WvW infusion?Especially since the infusions, which provide Concentration and Expertise, were added much later to the game and I’d be happy, to trade in my healing infusions, which I bought with many laurels ect., for spiteful infusions.

Probably not. If we did that, you'd only ever need to buy one and then just exchange it whenever you want to use a different one.

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@"AllNightPlayer.1286" said:Are there any plans for a merchant, who trades
WvW infusions
for
another
WvW infusion
?Especially since the infusions, which provide
Concentration
and
Expertise
, were added much later to the game and I’d be happy, to trade in my
healing
infusions, which I bought with many laurels ect., for
spiteful
infusions.

Probably not. If we did that, you'd only ever need to buy one and then just exchange it whenever you want to use a different one.

We can transform the equivalent PvE infusions from one stat to another, so would you consider a mystic forge recipe for WvW infusions, using a similar formula? For example:

• Original infusion
  • "Activator" (e.g. blood for might)
  • Anthology of Battle (costs Badges of Honor or Testimonies, rather than spirit shards)
  • Integrated WvW Badge (some combination of memories of battle plus badges of tribute)

• ArenaNet Staff

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

WvW infusions
for
another
WvW infusion
Concentration
and
Expertise
healing
spiteful
infusions.

We can transform the equivalent PvE infusions from one stat to another, so would you consider a mystic forge recipe for WvW infusions, using a similar formula? For example:
  • Original infusion
  • Anthology of Battle (costs Badges of Honor or Testimonies, rather than spirit shards)
  • Integrated WvW Badge (some combination of memories of battle plus badges of tribute)

Maybe! I'll add it to the list of quality of life things to investigate.

WvW infusions
for
another
WvW infusion
Concentration
and
Expertise
healing
spiteful
infusions.

• Original infusion

Nice......!!

WvW infusions
for
another
WvW infusion
Concentration
and
Expertise
healing
spiteful
infusions.

• Original infusion

We really could use some better ones aimed at the wvw game mode. Like the agony resistance in fractals that makes them worthwhile due to the game mode and how it works. Although wvw ones only really help vs camp npcs and no one is doing that a majority of the time so its not worthwhile imho. So I would say maybe a possible revamp on them with an exchange option on old ones for new ones that help increase or decrease mechanics specific to wvw. Such as like additional supply amounts, watch tower detection, iron guard penetration, etc just a few ideas.

Lastly with the desert bl and many see no value in the towers as well as the RI and such on shrines cannot be seen like other objectives. Make it where once a tower is upgraded to atleast T1 or T2 that it shields the shrines from capture until the tower is taken. So that the mechanics that no one ever really takes advantage of can be more reliable in fights.

Archived