Query: Why put adventures as daily then lock them?

Image.8630

Dont always have hours and hours to play. Today (march 17 reset) we have an adventure as a daily. Twice I went there and twice it was locked with 20 mins wait till it unlocks. Why are they locked in the 1st place anyway? I usually skip Adventure for that reason but today I need it to complete my daily. Can the Adventure be permanently unlocked or not used in Dailies?

Adventures are nothing compared to the 3 hour wait on some world bosses.

The daily was the Salvage Pit, which is only locked during the night, so at most it's a 45 minute wait that you can plan for. There's no reason to lock it of course, VB night specifically is just a remnant from back when they disabled adventures to encourage participation in the meta. Some of them are also still needlessly locked behind event chains, like Drone Race.

No doubt it was something that sounded good on paper, a reward for progressing the events in an area, in practical terms it's an annoyance, a road block that prevents people from doing what they want when they want to, until some other thing is done.

A bad decision that they have not repeated in PoF at least.

I know the feeling, sort of. I was hunting down the Vinetooth Prime for a collection item and unable to get help starting the event chain in Eastwatch. After about an hour struggling with the first event with no help, I zoned out and back in and the new map was already at the Vinetooth event. Had to rush over and tag it to get my collection item. That was day 4 of attempting to get that particular item.

I don’t like achievements and/or collection items being locked behind these kind of time gates. I have a limited amount of time to play any given day (some days, none at all) and want my playtime to count for something. When I’m working on a long term project like a legendary, I expect some delays, but when I’ve exhausted all else I can do and still have to wait, that’s not fun.

I don’t expect older stuff to be changed necessarily, but it would be nice to have a means for speeding up the non-productive wait or facilitating a solo player’s ability to get group events moving when no one else is interested.

@Nick Lentz.6982 said:

@infrequentia.3465 said:the thing is.

its called a daily

dailies are avaible 24 hours each day

the adventure is only locked during the night wich is event meta thats around 45 mins.

Its a good thing everyone can play 24 hours a day, like you. Riigghhhtttt?

its a good thing the dailies aren't meant as do it now this instant . its avaible the full 24 hours

@infrequentia.3465 said:

its called a daily

the adventure is only locked during the night wich is event meta thats around 45 mins.

its a good thing the dailies aren't meant as do it now this instant . its avaible the full 24 hours

That's a meaningless sentiment when one's available play time is 1-2 hours. Like I'm going to pass on a daily adventure, go to bed, then get up at 6:15 to get there just in time before I sneak off for breakfast and head to work? Or maybe rush home, ignore the kids and spouse (they can make their own dinner), and catch it right before reset?Get serious.

@Rauderi.8706 said:

its called a daily

That's a meaningless sentiment when one's available play time is 1-2 hours. Like I'm going to pass on a daily adventure, go to bed, then get up at 6:15 to get there just in time before I sneak off for breakfast and head to work? Or maybe rush home, ignore the kids and spouse (they can make their own dinner), and catch it right before reset?Get serious.

Exactly Rauderi, could not have said it better. :) When play time is limited it can get difficult to get those events (daily or not).

I know that pain Aurelian Omenkind. A few items/collections I've abandoned making for those reasons. But certainly dont need them all. :)Wish Anet would remove the useless locks tough.Image

if you want fast daily completion, just playing a match of PVP will get at least 1--maybe 2 or 3 if you performed very well--daily events done, in no more than 20 minutes. Sometimes I do this if there was less than 30 minutes left before daily reset. Then I just need a quick vista.

Archived