Monocle Skin Question

So I want to buy one of those expensive monocles for my character but if I can avoid spending more than I have to, that would make me pretty happy, so my question is:

Are those monocle skins bound to their weight class or if I buy a heavy armor one, will I also unlock the medium and light skin for it?

@"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:Generally if the skin doesn’t have a weight attached to the name you get all 3 weights. For example, this one Monocle (heavy) only unlocks the heavy armor skin.Wiki says the Monocle (consumable) unlocks for all 3.This item will unlock all three armor skins, unlike the similar items found on the Trading Post

Also reflected in the API https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/items?ids=84473

@"usnedward.9023" said:You MUST buy all three!

Unlocking a skin with the armor items (purchasable on the trading post) for one armor class does not unlock it for the others.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Monocle

I never bought a monocle, so I can't say that you're wrong. But at the bottom of the page you linked, there's written:Unlocking a skin with the armor items (purchasable on the trading post) for one armor class now will unlock it for the others. (Used to be not)The consumable version does unlock all three versions upon consumption.So it seems you DON'T HAVE to buy all the weights (anymore).

EDIT: Ha, the page has been modified on 20 March 2018... probably just after your post.

I actually bought a light monocle from the TP a long time ago unlocked only the light skin. But a year after I noticed that the other two weights were unlocked too despite me only buying and originally only unlocking the light. I think it was changed and you will unlock all three weights with one.

Archived