Done with clovers, not enough laurels to finish t6 mats, where to go from here?

bLind.6278

Hey everyone, I'm in the process of finishing up the mats for Dusk, mainly just need to craft the remaining 18 Lumps of Mithrillium and I'm there (aside from ~50g worth of platinum/mithril to finish up), but looking ahead to Twilight mats as well, and I'm just absolutely in a hole with t6 mats. I've got 100-140 or so of each material currently, but I'm running low on laurels, and I'm not sure that clover transmutes is the best route to go given how RNG it can be. Great if you're lucky, but I don't have a ton of coins to spare to test my luck.

Is RIBA farm and selling the mats ideal, here? If so, what's the best way to really maximize profits? I still need ecto's, so I feel like opening bags on a 53 might be slightly worse off than just opening on an 80 with a ton of luck.

I should note, I don't need Mystic Clovers anymore (for this piece, at least), which is why I'm reluctant to continue with forging more.

Ecto is very cheap right now so you're probably best off opening the bags on whatever character will give the most value and then buying the ecto and other stuff you need.

T6 mats is always one of the first things I start when making a legendary and the last thing I finish. Although that's partially because I want to wait and see what I can collect before I go and buy them. When you've run out of other options it basically does come down to farming gold and buying them, and since gold is the same wherever it comes from I recommend whichever method you enjoy most, or varying a few so you don't get bored.

But if there is anything else you still need maybe work on that first since most things in the game give at least a bit of coin and on level 80 characters a chance for T6 mats, so it might reduce the amount of farming you need to do.

Another option for T6 mats is the pact supply network if you have that option. Visit the six agents and then spend the "mapping item" (don't know name) on a map with a T6 reward. Done some of this for T6 blood on Frostgorge but other T6 mats are available for rewards on other mats. Slow but sure. Poorly written but need more coffee.

If you stockpiled the all-abundant T5 material like I did, you can as well create T6 from that with the mystic forge. Even if you didn't, you can buy T5 and craft T6 from it, and you save about 25% in comparison to directly buying T6.The mystic forge recipe is 50x T5, 1x T6, 5x Crystalline dust, 1x Philosoper's stone. It might look strange to burn 50 T5 and 1 T6 material to get only approx. 7 T6 back, but it actually pays off.

@"Taelac.7036" said:You can also buy Magic Warped Bundles in LS3 maps (cheapest in coin in Ember Bay; cheapest in unbound magic everywhere else), then sell anything that's not a T6 trophy to buy more. Trophy Shipments in LS4 maps are another option if you have plenty of excess volatile magic, but they can drop T5 mats instead, which may make them less appealing.

Are these even worth it anymore, given that T6/T5 mats have all tanked in price, the 1g to get them, the OP could by 3-8T6 mats with the same 1g esp given the only 5% chance at 10 mats.

If the OP has access to the new Maps just go the meta events on them, it throws mats at you.

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:

@"Taelac.7036" said:You can also buy
in LS3 maps (cheapest in coin in Ember Bay; cheapest in unbound magic everywhere else), then sell anything that's not a T6 trophy to buy more.
in LS4 maps are another option if you have plenty of excess volatile magic, but they can drop T5 mats instead, which may make them less appealing.

Are these even worth it anymore, given that T6/T5 mats have all tanked in price, the 1g to get them, the OP could by 3-8T6 mats with the same 1g esp given the only 5% chance at 10 mats.

If the OP has access to the new Maps just go the meta events on them, it throws mats at you.

I can tell you that I still buy the bundles and profit by it. Occasionally you'll get screwed but by and large it's a small gain. You can also get clovers.

@Ok I Did It.2854 said:Are these even worth it anymore

Yes, they are worth it.

• Bundles are worth 65-90s, after TP fees and the coin costs. (Not counting the value of clovers.)
  • Packers are worth 40-75s, after fees & costs.

Before the market changes, the prices were closer to 1.1-1.5g (bundles) and 70-90s (packets). Yes, it's still a major decrease and it's still good value.

Archived