Map Completion no Rewards

ebrythil.8079

No Reward for Completing Crystal Oasis

I did complete the first map (crystal oasis)but did not receive any reward besides I think 8k exp and a bit of karma. I should have at least gotten the unlock for my elite specialization; I guess also some map rewards.

Link to imgur

I'll also create a support ticket but it's probably a bug that should be a priority fix.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • ArenaNet Staff

Thanks for the report! We have noted some apparent issues with Map Completions rewards not getting granted properly. The team is looking into the matter now.

If others have experienced this, could you please report in the game when you find you did not get your rewards, so the devs get the account data that will help them root out and solve this problem?

Thanks.

I did not finish a map yet, but what I noticed is that almost all of my characters have the map completion unlock in their specialization collection, despite them not even setting a foot into the desert yet. Maybe there is a connection between this collection unlock and not getting rewards?

• ArenaNet Staff

We believe we've identified the issue with specialization caches not being awarded on map complete and we're working on getting a fix in as soon as we can. If it works as we expect you should be able to simply go into the map and receive the rewards correctly.

We also believe the cache being unlocked in the collection prematurely is a separate issue, which we're looking into as well. The PoI in Lion's Arch unlocking map complete awards prior to the beta is an angle I'm exploring, so I appreciate the context there.

Same happened to me earlier. I finished Crystal Oasis and got some karma and a book to read that unlocked exactly nothing.

EDIT: I logged back in just now. Still 0% on "Walk the Land" and all the weapon collections. I logged back into the map from another map to check if that works. Nope. Didn't get any loot this time either.

Completed the Crystal Oasis map around 7:50-8:00 CEST (on my elementalist) and only got 8k experience as a reward.Have the rest of Tyria completed beforehand.Did enter Desert Highlands before completing Crystal Oasis.Entered no other PoF map.Completed story up until the beginning of Desert Highlands.The last item to complete the map was the Hero Point up north in the pyramid.Reminds me of the bug in HoT that had a similar symptom, though if I recall right, that gave some rewards, but not all.In this case it's just the 8k exp and nothing else.

@David Jackson.3460 said:We believe we've identified the issue with specialization caches not being awarded on map complete and we're working on getting a fix in as soon as we can. If it works as we expect you should be able to simply go into the map and receive the rewards correctly.

We also believe the cache being unlocked in the collection prematurely is a separate issue, which we're looking into as well. The PoI in Lion's Arch unlocking map complete awards prior to the beta is an angle I'm exploring, so I appreciate the context there.

Unfortunately, I did not receive a reward even after returning to the map.

@Moon.7310 said:I did not finish a map yet, but what I noticed is that almost all of my characters have the map completion unlock in their specialization collection, despite them not even setting a foot into the desert yet. Maybe there is a connection between this collection unlock and not getting rewards?

This ^ exactly the same for me, all my chars have the map complete chest in their specialization collection before ever going to the desert.

Archived