High time for Fractals Rewards to change too?

Anet is nerfing fractals rewards and players don't even notice.Random instabilities and fractals getting reworked to last longer, but in the end we get the same gold we would get before.The move to make molten boss 3 times longer is one of them, at the end of the fractal we do triple the effort and we get the same reward.

Anet is slowly doing these changes and give the excuse that is to make the fractals more fun, but they are actually nerfing the reward by making the fractals last longer and harder.Time is money, the more time we spend in fractals the less gold we make somewhere else

Indeed before they were way more easy and affordable.I am not sure if the ratio between difficulty and drop were too good, but as the current situation is, i suppose that was ANET though.

They are still way better than WvW ( which has slow pips progression and related reward progression if compared to SPvP and Fractals ), but the difference between before and after, in terms of time spent and rewards earnt, is more than slightly.

@infrequentia.3465 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:how come... no one vote with me :P

because its not a cancerous hell?and the rewards are already to much?

what you never got bad group?players with no food or pots(even tho you joined/advertise food+pots on lfg)? an ele that just auto attacks?a thief that never dodge's and keeps getting 1 shotted?one or more player that don't have the AR for the fractal and soon as agony check hits,dies?

(I am talking about T4's of course)

@Greenberet.1639 said:

@Talindra.4958 said:how come... no one vote with me :P

because its not a cancerous hell?and the rewards are already to much?

what you never got bad group?players with no food or pots(even tho you joined/advertise food+pots on lfg)? an ele that just auto attacks?a thief that never dodge's and keeps getting 1 shotted?one or more player that don't have the AR for the fractal and soon as agony check hits,dies?

(I am talking about T4's of course)

Happens maybe one time in a month for me, and if it does i just leave.All fractals take similar amount of time. On avarage you can finish in 30 minutes. Wouldnt nerf the income because i think mindless farms shouldnt providi

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:All fractals take similar amount of time. On avarage you can finish in 30 minutes. Wouldnt nerf the income because i think mindless farms shouldnt providi

Not really. You can complete Aetherblade in 3min on average while Shattered Observatory can take up to 12min+. Normal mode is slower because of all the unskipable rp talk.

The way I see it: they already buffed the fractal rewards and forgot to bring the auto-attackingly-easy fractals up to speed. That is, the difficulty is catching up with the rewards. This month, fractals became a lot more challenging due to the randomized instabilities... and some combinations were hellacious. However, that's inspired ANet to adjust the instabilities themselves, which is a good thing. As we get use to the changes, my guess is that soon, even PUG groups will manage T4 within the same range of times we used to see before the recent changes.

I'd rather see ANet adjust the fractals so that there's a balance: some easy ones, some hard ones, and hardly any that take longer just for the sake of being longer.

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:Anet is nerfing fractals rewards and players don't even notice.Random instabilities and fractals getting reworked to last longer, but in the end we get the same gold we would get before.The move to make molten boss 3 times longer is one of them, at the end of the fractal we do triple the effort and we get the same reward.

Anet is slowly doing these changes and give the excuse that is to make the fractals more fun, but they are actually nerfing the reward by making the fractals last longer and harder.Time is money, the more time we spend in fractals the less gold we make somewhere else

it was to easy for high reward before now its more in line with the others

Compared to raids the rewards are just laughable.The liquid reward went down from 10-20k to 5-8k, with improved instabilities and always more visual cancer.Also the condi Dps has been nerfed over and over.For me fractal has become just boring and not always worth the effort.Time for a break for me I guess.They should bring out new fractals and new skins rather than tuning around the old ones, which makes them just more annoying(just adding time to waste).Gw2 is turning in a gemshop game as it is now once you got all your armour and weps+skins theres just rinse and repeat. Without new fractals and dungeons its just gotten boring same as new Ls.

@Nephalem.8921 said:

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:All fractals take similar amount of time. On avarage you can finish in 30 minutes. Wouldnt nerf the income because i think mindless farms shouldnt providi

Not really. You can complete Aetherblade in 3min on average while Shattered Observatory can take up to 12min+. Normal mode is slower because of all the unskipable rp talk.

But if I do 99 or 100 daoly then i do CM with higher rewards, thats why i didnt calculate that. And yes, you van completr Aetherblade in 3 minutes but pugs usualy doesnt portal skip so for them its longer

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

But if I do 99 or 100 daily then i do CM with higher rewards, thats why i didnt calculate that. And yes, you can complete Aetherblade in 3 minutes but pugs usually doesnt portal skip so for them its longer

When we get a chrono that ping his portal . We cheers in tears!!!!!!! Esp in aetherblade.. we are like o m g well met Mr chrono.. best in EU.. then just sit there afk :p

@La Sirena.6873 said:Compared to raids the rewards are just laughable.The liquid reward went down from 10-20k to 5-8k, with improved instabilities and always more visual cancer.Also the condi Dps has been nerfed over and over.For me fractal has become just boring and not always worth the effort.Time for a break for me I guess.They should bring out new fractals and new skins rather than tuning around the old ones, which makes them just more annoying(just adding time to waste).Gw2 is turning in a gemshop game as it is now once you got all your armour and weps+skins theres just rinse and repeat. Without new fractals and dungeons its just gotten boring same as new Ls.

Compaires to raids and their miserable rewards fractals are quite profitable.

Since you can > @zealex.9410 said:

@La Sirena.6873 said:Compared to raids the rewards are just laughable.The liquid reward went down from 10-20k to 5-8k, with improved instabilities and always more visual cancer.Also the condi Dps has been nerfed over and over.For me fractal has become just boring and not always worth the effort.Time for a break for me I guess.They should bring out new fractals and new skins rather than tuning around the old ones, which makes them just more annoying(just adding time to waste).Gw2 is turning in a gemshop game as it is now once you got all your armour and weps+skins theres just rinse and repeat. Without new fractals and dungeons its just gotten boring same as new Ls.

Compaires to raids and their miserable rewards fractals are quite profitable.

Agree comparing raids you can do once a week to daily fractals are kinda funny tbh

Nothing changed aside from instabilities got nerf and randomized per week. Generally fractals got easier :cookie: . Don't have the statistics but altho some fractals are "longer" (with some exp players already showing signs of skipping mobs) my average time spent on fractal dailies is ok if not the same.

@Linken.6345 said:

@Ze Dos Cavalos.6132 said:Anet is nerfing fractals rewards and players don't even notice.Random instabilities and fractals getting reworked to last longer, but in the end we get the same gold we would get before.The move to make molten boss 3 times longer is one of them, at the end of the fractal we do triple the effort and we get the same reward.

it was to easy for high reward before now its more in line with the others

And finally what Linken said, which is also the reason why most players try not to miss out fractal dailies :tongue: .

Edit : Woops! Ty for the reminder on voting. And just to be clear, I'm not against the idea of buffing the rewards :yum:

Archived