Client crash and roll back every 5 minutes.

Iris Ng.9845

It started with crashing and rolling back my character position to the first waypoint of Desert Highland every 15 minutes then progressively getting more frequent. Navigating the map to without unlocked Springer is already frustrating as it is. Yet every single time I made a step closer to unlock the second mount, my progression got reset. At this frequency of every 5 minutes, I suppose I'd better stop playing for a bit and wait for the server team smooths thing out.

literallyunplayable.

FYI, not all disconnects are reset to earlier time periods, there appears to be a delay between when you actually disconnect and when it registers in the client, which means you can potentially lose progress but will not always do so...it's hit or miss, might be more annoying to some than others.

Now after that small patch the game will not load. Stuck at loading screen. Going to see if -repair will fix it.Why is it every time there is a new release nothing can just work out smoothly even after beta tests...meh. Never mind the disconnects it's the rollbacks that are annoying. How about you put back all those vista's I got Anet? Now I have to do them over .....Spend $80.00 and this is what you get......

I'm also experiencing rollbacks in the Desert Highlands map. No crashes on the Crystal Desert map.

On Tarnished Coast, has been happening several times an hour for at least the last 2-3 hours (even post-patch). I started taking a break after every major progress milestone (waypoints, hero points, working on Springer, etc.) just to allow the server a chance to set a new "rollback" point, because I was tired of getting half the map done and then being rolled back to the start with only a few items unlocked (again, and again, and again).

On Tarnished Coast.Exited client and restarted, allowed client to finish initial PoF download (just in case that was causing it). Didn't seem to make a difference.

Rollbacks happen when the instance you were in crashes, since your progress is temporarily stored at the instance level and is periodically saved. If you want to forcibly save, take a trip to the PvP lobby / switch maps, though doing so may cause it to crash, but that only means the instance was already lost.

@Ursai.3791 said:It could be worse. I just started Chapter 1 and got rolled back to Lions Arch without any waypoints or ways back into the expansion. Super awesome.

Same here. As insult to injury I had completed the first story instance and was loading into the Crystal Oasis when it happened. Maybe quit and restart the chapter? Either way it'll get fixed in someway, hopefully soon. I have my raptor though, time to tool around the old maps then.

@Aya.7503 said:I was sent back to Lion's Arch and had to find my way back in to the desert. Now I seem to roll back every 5 mins in Desert Highlands. It is almost unplayable. I'm tired of having to explore it over and over again. Hope this gets fixed soon.

Likewise... I give up for the night. I'm so tired of losing my progress randomly and without reason. This should be the priority.

• 3 months later...

If you are experiencing this now, please start a support ticket. That way you get in the queue to get individualized help and it's also the best way to make ANet aware of an issue, and whether it's affecting everyone or just certain people.

For example, this might be affecting just US customers of Frontier or Euro customers of Orange etc. Or it could something on ANet's side. (More likely something in between: there's a lot of internet twixt us and them.)

@Iris Ng.9845 said:It started with crashing and rolling back my character position to the first waypoint of Desert Highland every 15 minutes then progressively getting more frequent. Navigating the map to without unlocked Springer is already frustrating as it is. Yet every single time I made a step closer to unlock the second mount, my progression got reset. At this frequency of every 5 minutes, I suppose I'd better stop playing for a bit and wait for the server team smooths thing out.

literallyunplayable.

These crash reports need to be merged so someone will notice the many who are crashing.

Archived