You can't report PMs, and they aren't filtered for language

Conncept.7638

Being harassed by a player in private messages here on the forums, and saw immediately that you both cannot report private messages, and that the language filter does not work for the preview window you get when hovering over a new message notification, so I both cannot do anything about his message and got the pleasure of seeing it in its pure vitriolic glory.

I can't imagine this is intended, so first please put in the option to report PMs, and second, is it appropriate to take something like this to player support in the meantime?

You should probably re-post this in the forum feedback topic. As a stand-alone topic it's likely to get lost before anyone from Anet sees it, especially today when I imagine they're all extremely busy with expansion related things.

Whereas we know that Gaile goes through that topic regularly to find issues and useful feedback.

@Danikat.8537 said:You should probably re-post this in the forum feedback topic. As a stand-alone topic it's likely to get lost before anyone from Anet sees it, especially today when I imagine they're all extremely busy with expansion related things.

Whereas we know that Gaile goes through that topic regularly to find issues and useful feedback.

Didn't know there was any such thing, thanks, I will do so. Also now that I think about it I'll ask to have this moved to the bug forums.

@Conncept.7638 said:...and second, is it appropriate to take something like this to player support in the meantime?

Yes you should feel free to submit a support ticket and include evidence.

This is why they need to enable an ignore feature on the forum. I think I read Vanilla Forum has a feature for that or an add on that will do that. It would allow to block PMs and not see posts from people on ignore. Much like the in-game block feature.

• ArenaNet Staff

Thank you for this report. I admit I was not aware of this, and I will be looking into the matter immediately.

In the meantime, if someone receives an offensive PM, you can send a detailed email to Forums@Arena.Net and we'll investigate. Please do NOT write to Customer Support -- this is a forum issue and we'll deal with it directly.

Sending an e-mail will be a stop-gap measure, hopefully just for a short while, as I'd rather our systems supported our rules appropriately.

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Thank you for this report. I admit I was not aware of this, and I will be looking into the matter immediately.

In the meantime, if someone receives an offensive PM, you can send a detailed email to Forums@Arena.Net and we'll investigate. Please do NOT write to Customer Support -- this is a forum issue and we'll deal with it directly.

Sending an e-mail will be a stop-gap measure, hopefully just for a short while, as I'd rather our systems supported our rules appropriately.

Alrighty, thank-you.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:There is also no way to report a forum member from their page (as we had in the old forums). You may, or may not, want to consider that, as well. In cases of spamming, inappropriate Display Names, etc.Yeah I checked for that too, unfortunately not a feature on the new forums.

Based with my experience as a mod from a different forums, the main reason that you can't or there's no report button in private messages is most likely because anet are not able to check the contents of the message itself because it is a 'private message', so to protect the privacy of the players, anet will not be able to check our pms. Since it won't be 'private message' anymore if anet can see them.

In my old forums, our advise was to just block the person, but i don't know how will anet handle this.

• 11 months later...

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:Thank you for this report. I admit I was not aware of this, and I will be looking into the matter immediately.

Any updates on getting this feature added? I received a rude message this morning and would also appreciate an option to just simply block someone.

Archived