PLEASE introduce longer story network DC timeout!

Xbon.9086

I have really unstable internet, not by choice, but it's so very depressing when you're 20+ mins into a story instance and disconnect having to do the whole thing over again! Since story instances are solo and don't affect other players, why not introduce say for example 3 minute leniency on holding the instance open? just had to redo the entire pof first story instance when i dc'd so far into it :|

@Boysenberry.1869 said:I'd love it if instances remained open for a few minutes to allow players back in. In this case, any PoF disconnects you may be getting may very well be on Anet's end and not yours. Lots of people can't even play the content right now and Anet is looking into why.

No, it was definitely mine, I have a habit of opening my router page and seeing if my network is up, and it was down. And this happens so often with this internet and having to do entire story instances over the past few years made me dread doing story at all and I often don't touch it... (but obviously have to in this instance to get into amnoon)

Archived