Mastery system makes no sense

Overview level, but slightly more specific than Khisanth above:

• Masteries use both XP and Mastery Points. Fill the XP bar, then spend Mastery Points to get the noted ability.
    • Mastery Points are gained both from commune-points in the landscape and regular achievements.
  • Masteries are split in three categories: Core, Heart of Maguuma, and Crystal Desert.
    • They each have separate pools of XP and Mastery Points

At first it was pretty hard for me too. I didn't have a clue how it works. But once you keep playing, you realize that it's actually good. You need to be level 80 to be able to learn any mastery and depending on where you are (Central Tyria, POF, HOT) that's which kind of mastery you can learn.For example, in a POF map (Cyrstal Desert), you can only certain masteries like Raptor mastery and any mastery in Tyria Map and HOT map can't be learned there.

You posted in the players helping players thread, it it does need seem you are very eager to be helped or in this case learn. It sounds more like you allready jumped to conclusions, but as those conclusions are wrong, I’ll go and try to help you.

To do anything with masteries you need three requirements.1: be level 80 (on the characters your work on masteries, you can use the privileges on lower levels, but not work on raising it).2: own atleast path of fire or heart of thorns.3: have done the first story of these expansions.

(If you do this for PoF, you unlock the PoF masteries and core Tyria, if you do those for HoT you unlock the HoT masteries and core Tyria).

To level masteries just play in he corresponding region. So core Tyria and living world season 2 maps, HoT and season 3 maps and PoF and season 4 maps.

To unlock a mastery once leveled up you need an X amount of mastery points. These are gained by communing with things on the map, but also by doing achievements and collections.

Archived