Emote request

Agreed with the above responses. What is dap? What could your friend do with it? Could it be given via the mail system or would it need a new mechanic?

Edit: Also how would you get it in order to give it to someone else?

Edit 2: Before anyone says google it I did and have been informed it's either a form of fly fishing or a computer authentication protocol. I doubt either is what the OP means.

@Danikat.8537 said:Agreed with the above responses. What is dap? What could your friend do with it? Could it be given via the mail system or would it need a new mechanic?

Edit: Also how would you get it in order to give it to someone else?

Edit 2: Before anyone says google it I did and have been informed it's either a form of fly fishing or a computer authentication protocol. I doubt either is what the OP means.

Computer authentication protocol, eh?... must be an Asuran thing.

Oh ok, so it's basically a secret handshake, but not necessarily involving shaking hands. And in GW2 would basically be a new emote?

In that case the big problem I see is involving the other person's character. I think it'd have to have some sort of confirmation on their end like the 'you have been invited to dance' in order to activate their half of the animation, and that might ruin the effect a bit.

Well, that and the problem that Anet has so far ignored all requests for new emotes, even when people suggested selling them in the gem store rather than just adding them to the base game.

Um how you guys not know what dap is? Lol. What generation y’all from?

It’s basically a handshake where u bump fists.

Basically it’s not that hard to make as people percieve. It’s practicaly designed like army of two. You hit a keybind and two people are doing a hand shake.

@blambidy.3216 said:Um how you guys not know what dap is? Lol. What generation y’all from?

I'm from 1978. Due to my localization, technically an XGen guy. You?

@blambidy.3216 said:It’s basically a handshake where u bump fists.

I've never seen a bump of fists called a dap. Ever.

@blambidy.3216 said:Basically it’s not that hard to make as people percieve. It’s practicaly designed like army of two. You hit a keybind and two people are doing a hand shake.I think the animation itself could not be that hard, but the interaction to allow the other person to agree to do the fist bump, and the proper alignment so it really works... sounds hard, or at least harder than what Anet seems inclined to do about emotes (Which is "almost nothing").

@Ardid.7203 said:

@blambidy.3216 said:Um how you guys not know what dap is? Lol. What generation y’all from?

I'm from 1978. Due to my localization, technically an XGen guy. You?

@blambidy.3216 said:It’s basically a handshake where u bump fists.

I've never seen a bump of fists called a dap. Ever.

@blambidy.3216 said:Basically it’s not that hard to make as people percieve. It’s practicaly designed like army of two. You hit a keybind and two people are doing a hand shake.I think the animation itself could not be that hard, but the interaction to allow the other person to agree to do the fist bump, and the proper alignment so it really works... sounds hard, or at least harder than what Anet seems inclined to do about emotes (Which is "almost nothing").

Maybe it’s just what I grew up then cause a handshake is called dap. But doesn’t matter what it’s called. Hand shake is a handshake.

Yea if arenanet could show that interaction I know it doesn’t bring anything to the game but I think it would be awesome for people to show excitement after a long boss. Or raid or fractal u know?

back to what I was talking about. Giving a handshake can mean hi, bye. Much love, I agree.

I thought since there are many ways to give a handshake, there should be at least 5. Since there are 6 races in the game. 5 should have their distinct handshake of how they grew up with. Since that is their way of showing affection or of how they greet each other.

The person who gives the handshake is the handshake both the people will do, to greet each other. Or saying bye or much love, or I agree etc.

The only reason since I am different then most people. I like the hi emotes however when I’m greeting a friend, I greet with a certain handshake. I know most people greet with a regular handshake, a what up, a how are you. I do that too but I also add a handshake me and the person always do. So greeting friends in the game I would like to also show that way of respect and excitement.

Archived