Unfinished skill archetypes

Swadow.6213

Reposting this here from reddit

So for a long time the core professions seem to have been left unfinished and have skill types missing as healing and elite skills or skills lack type altogether. I wonder if these are ever going to be implemented, ANet did start it at one point and I believe all professions were given a single new healing skill like Signet of Vampirism on necro. Here is a list of all the missing skills:

Guardian

• Shelter: Missing type completely
  • Consecration: Missing healing skill and elite
  • Spirit Weapon: Missing healing skill and elite

Warrior

• Mending: Missing type completely
  • Physical: Missing healing skill
  • Banner: Missing healing skill
  • Shout: Missing elite
  • Stance: Missing elite

Engineer

• Gadget: Missing elite

Ranger

• Signet: Missing healing skill and elite
  • Trap: Missing elite

Thief

• Trap: Missing healing skill and elite
  • Signet: Missing elite

Elementalist

• Conjure: Missing healing skill
  • Arcane: Missing elite

Mesmer

• Ether Feast: Missing skill type
  • Clone/Phantasm: Missing healing skill and elite
  • Glamour: Missing healing skill
  • Mantra: Missing elite

Necromancer

• Spectral: Missing healing skill
  • Well: Missing elite

And for completions sake

Revenant

Missing skill types altogether

So why not implement these missing skills and maybe fill up some gaps in what the professions can do?

More skills more balance issues.As for untyped skills, if you chain them to a category you now chain them to the balance of it's companion skills and traits.

If made a consecration, would you just give shelter +2 seconds of block and -20% recharge or nerf it's base to compensate?

The Revenant one makes me laugh, but feel sorry for them at the same time. As for what to do about it they just need to change a few skills to match, and introduce more skills. In the case of warrior mending becomes a physical skill itself, but they'd probably have to do something else with it to make it "physical". Banner, shout, and stance they just need to make the skills.

the revenant doesn't fall under skill types, because of the way legends work and the fact you can't mix and match the skills from one legend to the next. The Revenant just plainly need 2 more utility skills per legend.the invocation trait line needs to be completely about invoking (swapping back and forth between legend) and maybe having a few traits that allows for some of the effects to carry over from one legend to the next for a short period.

Yeah revenant is a bit tricky at the moment

But engineers are in a weird spot also when it comes to their utility skills.Other professions get 5 skill types, with 4 skills of each type, plus a healing and an elite. If you add ones they are missing, that would be 3 potential skill they could get

But with the engineer, its different. They get 4 skill types of 5 each., therefore 4 heal and elites opposed to 5.Since engineer already have 4 healing skills for their skill types, and only need one elite. They would be missing out on 2 potential skills.

Engineer would have to get a big shift in their utility skill to make them line up with the other professions.Each skills type would have its skills either combine; moved somewhere; or deleted to make room for a whole new skill line if this idea ever wants to happen

@BobbyT.7192 said:Yeah revenant is a bit tricky at the moment

But engineers are in a weird spot also when it comes to their utility skills.Other professions get 5 skill types, with 4 skills of each type, plus a healing and an elite. If you add ones they are missing, that would be 3 potential skill they could get

But with the engineer, its different. They get 4 skill types of 5 each., therefore 4 heal and elites opposed to 5.Since engineer already have 4 healing skills for their skill types, and only need one elite. They would be missing out on 2 potential skills.

Engineer would have to get a big shift in their utility skill to make them line up with the other professions.Each skills type would have its skills either combine; moved somewhere; or deleted to make room for a whole new skill line if this idea ever wants to happen

The big reason engineer has only 4 skill types is because their 5th is the toolbelts. They literally have all heals, utilities and elites(Except Holo elite) doubled

@Swadow.6213 said:

@BobbyT.7192 said:Yeah revenant is a bit tricky at the moment

The big reason engineer has only 4 skill types is because their 5th is the toolbelts. They literally have all heals, utilities and elites(Except Holo elite) doubled

Those are not utility skill types, that's just there profession mechanic. Having a certain heal skill doesn't really give them a 2nd one (ie; A.E.D) all they are is a set of skills based on their utilities, but doesnt really seem to me to be a good reason why they can't have 5 skill types.

The epidemic of posts about classes, abilities and balance clearly demonstrate that there is a need for developers to address this aspect of their game once and for all, instead of namby-pamby one-in-a-blue-moon "balance" tweak patches.

I think players would appreciate it if they directed some effort in this vital direction. We're all extremely frustrated with the most basic aspect of the game, combat!

@Sublimatio.6981 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:Necro spectral heal: heal yourself for ~3k and for 3 seconds, all damage is converted to life force.

Yes I wan't something like this, but be realistic. Nobody would use it if it only healed 3k. It would have to be converted into hp and partially into LF.

I would use it on any build that was hard to acquire life force on. remember how spectral traits work you would have a good solid 5 seconds or so of just damage immunity and thats pretty major!

Not to mention you could use it to completly avoid burst which is a too necro lacks. You wont see it used in pve but in pvp im sure it would see use.

@ZDragon.3046 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:Necro spectral heal: heal yourself for ~3k and for 3 seconds, all damage is converted to life force.

Yes I wan't something like this, but be realistic. Nobody would use it if it only healed 3k. It would have to be converted into hp and partially into LF.

I would use it on any build that was hard to acquire life force on. remember how spectral traits work you would have a good solid 5 seconds or so of just damage immunity and thats pretty major!

Not to mention you could use it to completly avoid burst which is a too necro lacks. You wont see it used in pve but in pvp im sure it would see use.

but it's a healing skill. then you dont have any source of heal.

@Sublimatio.6981 said:

but it's a healing skill. then you dont have any source of heal.

a 3k heal is not that bad depending on what you were running. Reaper gets 1 good heal in any given fight any other healing comes from blighters or sigenet of vamp. or some one else splashing water on you lol.Ideally my major concern with that heal would be that it removes your best condi clear in the game for potential burst denial and massive life force gain.

I suppose it also depends on the cooldown the actual realistic number of points healed current spec and build being ran. I mean most of necros healing skills dont heal very much to start with unless you do them under some specific condition like having a ton of condi's on you for consume conditions or traited Signet of Vamp.Scourge heal if i recall is what 4k maybe on the closer end to 5k its not much. Reaper shout is like 4k.

@Swadow.6213 said:

@"BobbyT.7192" said:Yeah revenant is a bit tricky at the moment

(excluding medkit because the toolbelt is actually the main heal)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Static_Shockhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Regenerating_Misthttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Toss_Elixir_Hhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cauterizehttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reconstruction_Field

None of these are particularly potent secondary heals -- the only heal from some of them (regenerating mist, reconstruction field) comes from combo'ing with the water field they create. Cauterize even hurts the user. It's a weird assumption to believe that toolbelt doubles access to the same things as utility skills.

• 4 weeks later...

I think Mending and Ether Feast can safely be given a category. Mending as Physical since Peak Performance was reworked to give a damage buff instead of increasing the damage of Physical skills; skill-split cooldowns if ends up being too strong. Ether Feast can be classed as a Clone skill easily since there's no more Illusion recharge trait, so at this point, it's just for the sake of it.

Shelter can be a Consecration, but Master of Consecrations would need tweaking rather than Shelter. Probably baseline the 2s bonus duration with some Consecrations like Hallowed Ground, Sanctuary, and Purging Flames then remove it from the trait.

There's two flaws in these numbers:

• The engineer only has 4 skill families, and 3 of them have surplus skills, with 5 slot skills instead of the common 4. They need a new skill family to be properly complete, I would go with mines or traps.
  • Revenant only has 3 slot skills instead of the common 4, and is also missing a whole skill familiy. This means they should have 5 legendary stances, instead of the 4 they have now.

But yeah, I agree it's about time core professions get some new stuff too.

This issue should get hopefully fixed either with the next expansion, or with the next bigger class balance pathc ,making the fix actualyl part of the class balancing, because addign new skills to fill the holes up in their self made switzer cheese, can be used also at the same time for class balance as well.

However, the mentioneed flaws above ...

Engieeners currently have:

Elixiers, Turrets, Gadgets, Kits...As mentioned they have 5 instead of 4 Skills per type.. they should get removed per Type one skill and receive a new 5th Skill type with 4 skills.Removed should be Elixier U, Bomb Kit, Throwing Mines and Thumper Turret.

Add therefore as new Utility Skill Type "Mines" as their own form of visible Trap Skills which are therfore that they are visible more powerful than traps of rangers and thieves, but also easier to detect and remove.

New Mine Skills:

Shredder Mine / Tool Belt: Shredder Mine FieldSet up a Mine, which shredders its foes that run into them into thousand pieces, causign damage and on a large radius significant Bleeding, Stacks, Cripple and Vulnerability to up to 10 foes inside of its radius. With the Toolbelt-Version you place multiple of them at your target location line a horizontal line.

Troopbuster Mine / Tool Belt: Troopbuster Mine FieldSet up a Mine, which causes a large explosion, which launches up to 10 foes in its explosion radius away, causign damage and Burning, while removing also from hit targets Boons. With the Toolbelt-Version you place multiple of them at your target location line a horizontal line.

Timed Mine / Tool Belt: Timed BombSet up a Timed Mine, which causes damage up to 10 enemies inside of it's radius and causes to its hit targets Slow and Confusion.With the Toolbelt-Version you place a stronger version as a bomb which deals more damage, but has therefore a longer recharge time, than the utility skill version

E.M.P-Mine / E.M.P BombSet up an Electro Magnetic Pulse-Mine, which causes on activation in its radius to stun up to 10 enemies for a second and to pull them then towards the epicentrum of the mine from the strong magnetic pulse that comes from the mine, which grants also allies in that explosion range Magnetic Auras.With the Toolbelt-Version you place a stronger version as a bomb which stuns longer and grants logner lastign Auras, but has therefore a longer recharge time, than the utility skill version

Revenant just needs a complete redesign, sorry, but this black sheep class simply doesnt fit at all in its current form into the game at all.Aside of this:

Guardian

• Shelter should be counting as either Consecration of as Spirit Weapon and receive based on the decision just a skill effect rework/renaming, like for example when turned into a Spirit Weapon, let it create the "Staff of Honor", which heals on summoning and which can be used to block for you incoming attacks, having 2 casts.
  • As Elite Spiritual Weapon would I like to see "Scepter of Dignity" as a 3casts ammo skill, which sends out a broad wave of blue fire, which can't be dodged or blocked and causes the more damage and additional burning stacks, so lower your own health is and so higher the health of your target is.
  • As Elite Consecration would I like to see "Pacifism" a skill ,which dazes you and your target foes in your near, letting them become unable to attack, while still able to move for 2s and which grants you and up to 5 nearby allies per each effected enemy Resistance for 1,5 seconds. So 5 affected enemies means 7,5 seconds of Resistance for you and 5 nearby allies, while being 2 seconds self dazed in that time together with your target enemies

Warrior:

• Mending should be counting as as a banner and be reworked into the Banner of Restoration, which heals you and allies inside the banner range the moment you put up down banner, while periodically removing inside the banner area conditions every 10s and one at the moment the banner has been put down.
  • As Physical Healing Skill I'd like to see the return of Warriors Endurance, healing you on usage, granting Vigor, Swiftness and Regeneration.
  • As Shout Elite I'd like to see the return of "I Will Survive!" granting you 1 second of resistance for every condition on you at the moment you use the skill, Regeneration and a Stack of Might for 5s for every 5% of Max Health you have lost. So if you use it at 50% health, you will gain 10 Stacks of Might.
  • As Stance Elite I'd like to see the return of Gladiator's Defense Gain Retaliation and a chance to perform on received melee damage directly an unblockable counterattack that deals 100% of the damage that you received from your enemy back, which triggered the counterattack.

Engineer

• As Gadget Elite Skill I'd like to see a Teleport Raygun which makes it possible to switch the positions between you and your target enemy. That would be so much fun to have

Ranger

• As Elite Signet iid like to see the return of Signet of the Archer which passively increases your precision and actively makes the conditions you cause with the next 3 bow type weapon skills last 100% longer than usual either, or cause more Condition Stacks than usual, whatever ANet thinks fits better.
  • As Healing Signet would I love to see returning the Antidote Signet which heals you on activation and cures Poison, Blindness and Vulnerability and passively it grants resistance peridically every 10 seconds.
  • As Elite Trap would I like to see returning Snare, which Slows and Torments foes.

Thief

• as Elite Signet Skill would I like to see the Signet of Twilight passively doubling Stealth Durations but also reveal Durations, but on activation granting Stealth and letting you perform under the affect of this signet a stealth attach, which won't reveal you.
  • As Healing Trap Skill would I like the Shadow Prison, which heals you and grants you stealth when a foe runs ito it and you heal yourself on settign the trap up and gain stealth. the trap itself will on trigger stun the foe for 2 seconds and be immobilized should the target try to use a stun breaker.
  • As Elite Trap would I like to see Dust Trap setting the trap up granting you Barrier and causing a dust cloud that causes a stealth field. Foes running into it will get damaged, blinded and confused.

Elementalist

• As Healing Conjure id like to see Conjure Ether Focus which heals yourself and changes your Weapon Skill to 5 healing and support orientated skills
  • As Elite Arcane Skill is like to see the return of Ward Against Harm creating an aoe area, which reduces incoming damage of all sorts for a while by 50% for you and your allies inside of it
  • As Elite Signet Skill id like to see Signet of Glyphs, which increases passively your Concentration and on activation reactivates recharging Glyphs in your utility bar

Mesmer

• Ether Feast becomes a Glamour Healing Skill
  • As Clone/Phantasm Elite Skill I'd like to see the return of Nightmare, causing fear to your target foe and torment with attacks from this Elite Phantasm
  • As Elite Mantra Skill id like to see the return of Mantra of Recall, with 2 casts letting you recall the last 3 clones to reappear that you have shattered the last time. When you recall shattered clones this way, gain Alacrity.

Necromancer

• As Elite Spectral Skill id like to see Spectral Veil letting foes that attack you while under the effect of Spectral veal receive Fear for 2 seconds. When Spectral Veils ends, you gain Stealth, Swiftness and Vigor.
  • As Elite Well Skills i'd liek to see the return of Well of Silence, a well ,which disables in its areal of effect all Shout Skill Effects, decreases boon durations of foes inside of it and dazes foes which enter it.

Hello.I must say that many of your ideas are very good and a viable solution for some classes, even if they are to come over power ( in other's player perspectives) they can have a change or a workaround.But this could also be read and be some good feedback for the classes.

Archived