[NA|WvW] Sparring Partner/Matchup Help

DeceiverX.8361

Hey folks,

I'm looking for some reputable spellbreakers to practice fighting against in a 1v1 setting for WvW. I don't know too many prominent warriors who still play so have no idea who to ask or who's who around here.
I've played D/D power thief for the past several years and have gotten to the point where I can get a handle on most matchups from all of my of practice, but Spellbreaker just seems to be one I have the biggest struggles with.

I understand it's a counter matchup (as most things with D/D power thief are), but am curious if there's anyone on NA with a good understanding of the GS+A/S Spellbreaker who'd be down to 1v1 for a while and get my matchup win rate to improve.

Rerolling is not an option. I don't want the easy way out as I haven't done so yet :P

When I read the title I was like "i am down to help this guy," but then I read you are a thief. I would never help a thief fight against warriors specially in NA where i am. Thieves have so much mobility and can escape a warrior anytime they want. A warrior trying to help you is like shooting himself on the foot!

The only classes I refuse to help are: Thieves and mesmers because they are face-rolling class.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Not even one playing a non-viable, trash-tier kit? D:

im on eu, but the fact that thiefs usually engage fights whenever they want and disengage when they are about to lose to repeat over and over until you finally lose as warrior and then, when you try to run they chase with all they got, kill you and sometimes throw siege on you or whisper you how bad you are makes me hate every thief player, same goes with mirages btw, you cant even get away from those anymore

and a good thief shouldnt be losig to warrior anyways, all those blinds, dodges and interrupts alone are a pain in the arse not to mention their blinks, stealth and weakness+poison to reduce healing and dmg, such fun

@RedShark.9548 said:

im on eu, but the fact that thiefs usually engage fights whenever they want and disengage when they are about to lose to repeat over and over until you finally lose as warrior and then, when you try to run they chase with all they got, kill you and sometimes throw siege on you or whisper you how bad you are makes me hate every thief player, same goes with mirages btw, you cant even get away from those anymore

and a good thief shouldnt be losig to warrior anyways, all those blinds, dodges and interrupts alone are a pain in the kitten not to mention their blinks, stealth and weakness+poison to reduce healing and dmg, such fun

Sooooo much stealth. Been trying deadeye to learn it and omg the perma stealth sniper build is soooo evil against pretty much any class, and if the rifle won't work you still have your 1 shot backstab you can do too. Sooo evil...

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Hey folks,

I'm looking for some reputable spellbreakers to practice fighting against in a 1v1 setting for WvW. I don't know too many prominent warriors who still play so have no idea who to ask or who's who around here.

I've played D/D power thief for the past several years and have gotten to the point where I can get a handle on most matchups from all of my of practice, but Spellbreaker just seems to be one I have the biggest struggles with.

I understand it's a counter matchup (as most things with D/D power thief are), but am curious if there's anyone on NA with a good understanding of the GS+A/S Spellbreaker who'd be down to 1v1 for a while and get my matchup win rate to improve.

Rerolling is not an option. I don't want the easy way out as I haven't done so yet :P

You probably won't find many spellbreakers running gs+a/s, the most widely used build is gs+d/s because dagger has access to boonrip, interrupt/cc, and an unblockable burst skill. Anyone currently using axe is more likely to be a core warrior. Since the skill split patch on the 27th is going to be nerfing damage on dagger skills, full counter, and break enchantments, I'd suggest waiting until then before trying to learn this matchup in case it falls out of meta entirely

@RedShark.9548 said:

and a good thief shouldnt be losig to warrior anyways, all those blinds, dodges and interrupts alone are a pain in the kitten not to mention their blinks, stealth and weakness+poison to reduce healing and dmg, such fun

Ok so I guess since you guys either don't know much about D/D thief or read my post, but D/D has no blinds, no OOC/ranged stealth, cannot stack stealth, has low mobility, has low initiative efficiency, and has no interrupts, which is why I'm asking for help. I've gotten a good grasp on virtually every other profession by strictly out-playing the matchups by this point, but warrior is one I can't seem to get a handle on.

To be totally honest, you're doing the warrior community a pretty big disservice as far as attitude goes considering I always give the best advice possible when anyone asks for thief matchup help, and in my experience, the rudest have been warriors because they won't offer assistance as to how to outplay them when I do fight in-game, which is why I'm here.

@Torqiseknite.1380 said:

You probably won't find many spellbreakers running gs+a/s, the most widely used build is gs+d/s because dagger has access to boonrip, interrupt/cc, and an unblockable burst skill. Anyone currently using axe is more likely to be a core warrior. Since the skill split patch on the 27th is going to be nerfing damage on dagger skills, full counter, and break enchantments, I'd suggest waiting until then before trying to learn this matchup in case it falls out of meta entirely

Good to know though I honestly don't see dagger very often from my experience in WvW.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

Good to know though I honestly don't see dagger very often from my experience in WvW.

What server are you on? I don't usually run axe spellbreaker but I wouldn't mind tossing it on for a few duels, otherwise I could see if I know any good warrs in the same tier

@Torqiseknite.1380 said:

What server are you on? I don't usually run axe spellbreaker but I wouldn't mind tossing it on for a few duels, otherwise I could see if I know any good warrs in the same tier

I'm on DH linked to NSP right now (blue), but am more than happy to arrange something with anyone in EoTM, guild hall, or sPvP.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@Torqiseknite.1380 said:What server are you on? I don't usually run axe spellbreaker but I wouldn't mind tossing it on for a few duels, otherwise I could see if I know any good warrs in the same tier

I'm on DH linked to NSP right now (blue), but am more than happy to arrange something with anyone in EoTM, guild hall, or sPvP.

We're in the same tier, feel free to msg me whenever for duels

@Torqiseknite.1380 said:

@Torqiseknite.1380 said:What server are you on? I don't usually run axe spellbreaker but I wouldn't mind tossing it on for a few duels, otherwise I could see if I know any good warrs in the same tier

We're in the same tier, feel free to msg me whenever for duels

Had a blast - thanks for all the help. Guess I need to up my "call for help" game :tongue: .

No hard feelings to other warriors here if I stumble across you and need to defend an objective. Just seems my build really, really is not favorable into the fight at all.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

Ok so I guess since you guys either don't know much about D/D thief or read my post, but D/D has no blinds, no OOC/ranged stealth, cannot stack stealth, has low mobility, has low initiative efficiency, and has no interrupts, which is why I'm asking for help. I've gotten a good grasp on virtually every other profession by strictly out-playing the matchups by this point, but warrior is one I can't seem to get a handle on.

To be totally honest, you're doing the warrior community a pretty big disservice as far as attitude goes considering I always give the best advice possible when anyone asks for thief matchup help, and in my experience, the rudest have been warriors because they won't offer assistance as to how to outplay them when I do fight in-game, which is why I'm here.

well if you play d/d instead of the far superior d/p its your own fault i guess, anyways like ive stated ive had alot of very bad experiences with thiefs and very much dislike the thief playstyle since its just hit and run over and over again, with do much cancerous ways to get away or chase that ive lost almost all respect for thief player, you might be a cool dude, who knows, but the fact that you are playing thief is enough for me to be disgustedalso ive just tried out some spellbreaker axe instead of core and i can just say that i didnt expect that much burst from t1 only eviscerates

plus, can we pls make the gh arena a pvp or wvw balanced zone???

@RedShark.9548 said:...but the fact that you are playing thief is enough for me to be disgusted

It's not like it takes much skill to play Core Warrior. The build practically plays the game for you. To put it into perspective, setting up and executing the much hated and overpowered power-mesmer burst is far more difficult than 1v1ing as a Core Warrior. Yet solo-warriors are generally the most poorly-mannered players I see, often seemingly thinking their skill level is much higher than it actually is...

@Turk.5460 said:

@RedShark.9548 said:...but the fact that you are playing thief is enough for me to be disgusted

It's not like it takes much skill to play Core Warrior. The build practically plays the game for you. To put it into perspective, setting up and executing the much hated and overpowered power-mesmer burst is
far
more difficult than 1v1ing as a Core Warrior. Yet solo-warriors are generally the most poorly-mannered players I see, often seemingly thinking their skill level is much higher than it actually is...

i know that the skillcap of these classes is way higher, but if you read my other post you may understand why exactly i hate them, its about the playstyle...go read again and then talk to me again, thanks

Archived