Disable "Hide Back when gliding" Option

In regards to dyeing back items: if it's to difficult, or the scope is out of any reasonable range, and we just have to accept that this is how things will be.Then can we at least have an option to "disable auto hide back item"? (If this is already in the game I've clearly missed it and please inform me otherwise)

A lot of the gliders it makes sense and "auto hide" is a feature that probably should be on by default. However there are many of the gliders where there is no conflict, especially when the glider is something you are riding on. It seems really weird to hide a gear slot for those, and harms the concept of "fashion wars".

Yes I'm aware people are going to be flying with 4 wings 2 of which don't flap if they are flappy wings, but unless that is something that reallly needs to be restricted, I think it would be better for players to have the option, and it gives more long term value to back items that aren't also gliders, and to reiterate my point from before it also can give a compromised option if we cannot dye back items.

I would also be cool with a bind-able key to "toggle back item" on and off on the fly. (that that is still functional mid glide of course)

There's a 2-day old post that already covers the topic of "why can't we dye backpacks even though it seems like an idea whose time has come?"It can be found by searching for back + item, e.g.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/search?Search=back+dye

tl;dr it's never going to happen, because to make even a single, dyeable back item would require changing every single back in the game so that it works with a brand new system.

You might consider updating your thread and title to just the request for an option to toggle-off the auto-hide on backpacks that occurs when we start to glide.

Archived