How Long/Often Do You Play?

I work a 4 on 4 off schedule, 12 hour shifts.

On my work days/nights I try to log in for the daily rewards and that’s about it.

If my days off line up with my wife’s days off I’ll probably only play an hour, 2 most.

If I’m on a day off and my wife is working....I’ll easily put anywhere from 4-6 hours in usually.

Depends on when my kid goes to sleep and what my wife wants to do. If she wants to do her own thing I might play 5-7 hours in a week. If she wants to watch a show together or whatnot, or if my kid has a hard time getting to sleep, I may not play at all during the week. Family comes first.

When/If I'm modestly motivated and a new LS episode is out, I've no problems to play until it's finished. Afterwards, it depends if I want to put another character through it or not. Should I feel the urge to play outside of the LS story instances, my play time is quite fickle-ish; at one moment I may die and just decide to quit afterwards, just to log back on a few minutes later on another character, or I may play for a few hours, or get bored after a few mintues with character A. But usually, I don't do anything productive like farming/grinding or participating in map-wide/meta events.

From when I feel like playing and can log in until I'm bored or have to stop.

I don't think there is any pattern to it beyond that. Some days I'll play pretty much all day because I don't have much else to do and I feel like it, some days I'll play for a few hours either continuously or with breaks, some days I'll only be on for an hour, or just harvest my home instance and then log out, and some days I don't log in at all even if I'm home because I don't feel like it.

This is why I don't play subscription games. I find it impossible to predict in advance how much I'm going to play any game over the next month, so I could easily end up paying for time I won't use. Or, more likely, feeling obligated to play because I've paid for it and then enjoying it less because I feel like I have to do it, even if I would have been playing anyway.

Well, back in the day, I would play 12 to 15 hours on the weekends, 6 to 8 on the weekdays (before and after work)Now, 3 to 4 hours on a weekday (Monday ~ Thursday)5 to 6 hours on the weekends (Fri~Sunday)I have other priorities, like remodeling/fixing my house, so the weekends are not open for playing.

Archived